HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

CBT - Underrated?

Old
03-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Trouble

vCash: 500
CBT - Underrated?

First off, I would just like to say hello to everyone on these boards. Long time reader, first time poster . I have enjoyed reading many of the comments on the board and frankly have become addicted to checking this site for updates.

Now to my question. Is it just me or does anyone else share the sentiment that Beckford-Tseu (sp?) is not really looked upon as a grade A prospect? I realize that he was only a 5th round draft choice and the Blue's are flush with some really nice goaltending prospects. However, he dominated Alaska last year and is putting up some really nice numbers at Peoria. Better numbers than Schwarz in fact. Granted this is Schwarz first professional stint and CBT is a little older and is used to the NA style game, but still.

Not having seen him play, does anyone here think that CBT can become a No. 1 netminder for this team? Do you think that the organization will give him a fair shake since his draft position was a lot higher than our other prospects?

Last edited by Trouble: 03-30-2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Grammar
Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:24 AM
2ForRoughing*

he certainly faces more of an uphill battle than Schwarz does, who is clearly a more naturally gifted netminder. I've seen much more of Marek than I have of CBT, but I've seen enough of CBT to recognize a solid but not spectacular goalie prospect. Is he potentially NHL material? Yes, from what I've seen of him. Does he look to be a great number one goalie (which is the potential I see in Marek) ? Not so much. He plays his angles well but he's not nearly as quick as Schwarz. Still he's proven himself at every level and now deserves the same chance any other prospect who has done what is asked of him gets - and I think he will be given an opportunity at the NHL level by the end of next year. They have to find out what he can do. They're certainly not going to let him get away until they are sure what he's capable of.
By the way welcome to the boards. Looking forward to your posts.

Last edited by 2ForRoughing*: 03-30-2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: addtion
2ForRoughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:10 AM
funktasticblues93

Send a message via Yahoo to funktasticblues93
I think depending on what the Blues do with Sanford and Cash, we might see him as the back up to Legace at the begiining of the year, unless the blues feel they need to go find a veteran back up via FA.

funktasticblues93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Senor Rational

Send a message via AIM to Senor Rational
I like the logjam we have, and as we have seen, our goalies are prone to injury.

I think he's going to see time in the NHL next year and battle himself into a backup role somewhere down the road.

Senor Rational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 09:56 AM
BlueBleeder

He has always impressed me at the training camps, and considering how well he has played in the minors. I think he can be a quality NHL goaltender.

I just don't think he will get a legitimate shot here to do it, maybe some back up duty. Unless both goaltenders go down next year.

BlueBleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 07:19 AM
execwrite

Rivermen goalie charged with resisting an officer

Saturday, April 21, 2007

BY JOURNAL STAR STAFF
PEORIA - Peoria Rivermen goaltender Chris Beckford-Tseu was charged Monday with resisting a peace officer after allegedly hindering East Peoria police from locating a female acquaintance.

Beckford-Tseu posted $2,000 bond on the Class A misdemeanor.

According to the police report, Alana Doria, of Canada, was stopped and ticketed for speeding by East Peoria police. She could not produce a driver's license and told police her license was at a central Illinois residence. She was given 45 minutes to retrieve it.

After four hours passed, police sought her at the residence, where Beckford-Tseu answered the door. According to the report, he told police the woman was not there, that he didn't know her location and that the vehicle had been parked, undriven, all night.

Police observed the traffic ticket on the console of the car. While arranging to tow the vehicle, police saw Doria emerge from the residence.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 08:55 AM
barnburner

Amazing display of stupidity.

barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 02:54 PM
StLooFrenchy

Hey, he's still young, he doesn't know how to deactivate the "little" brain! If it were my wife, I would have not only led the cops to her, but insist on slapping the cuffs myself.

Seriously, CBT has risen to every challenge at every level he has faced, and might be able to take his game to the Bigs. Remember, high picks generally get more consideration than low ones, scouts want to prove that they are right on.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 01:20 AM
Plager05

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy View Post
Seriously, CBT has risen to every challenge at every level he has faced, and might be able to take his game to the Bigs. Remember, high picks generally get more consideration than low ones, scouts want to prove that they are right on.
He's never really been anything but a back up goalie, though.

Plager05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 08:17 AM
barnburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05 View Post
He's never really been anything but a back up goalie, though.
Pretty sure he was the starter in Alaska.

barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnburner
Pretty sure he was the starter in Alaska.
And very successful in that role, too...

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote