Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Moving to Calgary

Old
04-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Easton_102

vCash: 500
OT-Moving to Calgary

Hey, My brother and I are going to be starting school in Calgary (Alliance University College) next fall and i just wanted to know if anyone could tell me what there is to do in the area,also is it very hard to get flames tickets?,is it very hard to find jobs in the city? and for those of you who live in the area could tell me about churches in Calgary? Just to let everyone know I am a leaf fan, but i am willing to watch the flames for 4 years.
Thank you for your time.

Easton_102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Wags

There is a ton of stuff to do in the city. There are plenty of community activities depending on where you are going to live. If you get here early enough the best part of the year is coming up in just a couple of months...Stampede!!! There are a number of hockey leagues in the city you can sign up for. There is always a quick bus-trip to Sunshine in the winter for some great skiing. Whitewater rafting in K-country and out and around Banff are really popular also. As far as jobs go...places like A&W are so desperate, they are offering $1000 signing bonuses to attract employees...so I'm sure you will be able to find something pretty good (there are tons of jobs in all areas of interest).

During the regular season, Flames tickets can be found (although not a very large quantity), you just have to visit ticketmaster regularly.

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 10:46 AM
StreakingRed
Win For Gio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
If you get here early enough the best part of the year is coming up in just a couple of months...Stampede!!!
Man I hate the Stampede. That whole week is the only time of year I don't like living in Calgary. lol.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Man I hate the Stampede. That whole week is the only time of year I don't like living in Calgary. lol.
I does get crazy...but working in the oil patch, its a 10 day piss-up!!!

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 11:17 AM
MrMastodonFarm*

Welcome to the cleanest city in the world.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 11:40 AM
puck_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post

I LOVE the Stampede. So much fun! Although I would probably be at least $1000 richer every year if it didn't exist

puck_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 12:06 PM
StreakingRed
Win For Gio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton_102 View Post
is it very hard to find jobs in the city?
Absolutely not. Very easy to find jobs here. Great city to live in, with great people. I couldn't tell you about churches because I don't go, but Flames tickets are fairly easy to get if you get them early enough, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
...but working in the oil patch, its a 10 day piss-up!!!

Haha, fair enough.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Easton_102

I want to thank everyone for replying. theres one more thing that i want to know, how is the wheather there from september-april because i've been living in florida for the past 3 1/2 years so i have to get ready for the cold again (i'm from st catharines,Ontario)

Easton_102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 02:08 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton_102 View Post
I want to thank everyone for replying. theres one more thing that i want to know, how is the wheather there from september-april because i've been living in florida for the past 3 1/2 years so i have to get ready for the cold again (i'm from st catharines,Ontario)
Calgary is as unpredictable as it gets. You could be wading through a snowstorm one day, and two days later you're getting out the sunscreen.

Basically, prepare for the cold and alot of snow, but don't expect it all the time. There are going to be some BRUTAL winter days, but when a Chinook rolls in.. it's amazing.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Calgary is as unpredictable as it gets. You could be wading through a snowstorm one day, and two days later you're getting out the sunscreen.

Basically, prepare for the cold and alot of snow, but don't expect it all the time. There are going to be some BRUTAL winter days, but when a Chinook rolls in.. it's amazing.
then the next day when it the temp drops 40 degrees to -25 you stay in your house because we arent made to deal with that kind of tempurature change

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote