HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: oilers vs canucks

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 08:33 PM
mamettt

vCash: 500
Pathetic game...

Just brutal. No goaltending whatsoever, terrible giveaways from the backend, and other than smith, york, and a select few more, our efforts were terribly uninspiring. I didn't expect to beat a much better and talented canucks squad, but to lose to them in such a pathetic and uninspiring way is outrageous. We have more talent on this team than at any time in the last 2-3 years, but we are absoloutley terrible...whether's it's special teams, goaltending, coaching, or whatever other problem areas we have, this team is brutal. Pathetic.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Fayne Gretzky

Hey, well look on the "bright" side, we were perfect on the Pk.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:49 PM
gretzky2kurri

Aaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh

g2k is pissed.

You guys can howl about Conklin all you want to. How about the 12 forwards that got what TWO scoring chances all night? Nucks coulda put Brent (the missing link) Sopel in nets and still won. But no Conklin lost the game for us. All Conks coulda done was got us a 0-0 tie if you ask me.

What the HELL is up with our VETERANS? 10 minutes on the clock....Moreau hasn't got his NIGHTLY stupid high sticking penalty so he trys to pick a scrap. Listen Ethan....if you approach your potential opponent and says he doesn't want to scrap....WITH A 3 GOAL LEAD........chances are he's NOT going to drop his gloves. Why didn't this happen at the 3 minute mark Ethan? I don't care if he's a veteran.......If I were coach, he wouldn't have seen the ice for the rest of the game. Then SMYTH gets a stupid tripping penalty! So we get to play FOUR of the last 10 minutes with only 4 skaters. NICE!!!

2 wins in the past 14 games. It's not the end of the world.......but g2k can see it from here.

When this team has slumped in the past.....they sometimes seemed to manage to get up for the big games like this. That doesn't seem to be happening here anymore.

There is some SERIOUS problems on this rudderless ship my friends.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:10 PM
maruk14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdogs
Gotta mention the referree'ing here, absolutely brutal. Why was Torres penalized for a 100% legal check on Sedin?
Since when is getting your elbows up in another players face a '100% legal check' ... I am all for a good, physical contest, but even Millen didn't complain about that one ...

Old
12-20-2003, 09:19 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
well i have had it, im done until things change i really dont give a crap what they are. OILERS SUCK BIG TIME, IM SICK AND TIRED OF THE LACK OF EMOTION AND INTENSITY. screw it let me guess please tell me the positives, this team is completely lost and until mact is fired this team is going nowhere. WAKEUP LOWE LISTEN TO THE CROWDS LATELY IN EDMONTON I DONT HEAR NOTHING SOMEHOW THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING. bbbbbboooooooooooooooooooooooooohiiiiiissssss

Old
12-20-2003, 09:19 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
2 really bad goals by Conklin though. Both were 100% saveable in my opinion..
I 100% doubt Salo would have won the game for us tonight.

You see the team in front of you ACTUALLY has to score...to win. Best Conks coulda done tonight is give us a 0-0 tie.

So we can blame Ty for blowing the tie......

Old
12-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Dangerdanger

Holy overreaction batman. This seriously wasn't all that badly played by the oil.

First of all, except for the naslund goal, they were a couple unlucky giveaways that the canucks capitalized on. Raffi takes one off teh skate which bounces to keane, and chimera, well that was pretty stupid i wont argue with that, but saying the entire team played badly is ridiculous.

They had some great chances on the powerplay, especially oates and just didnt get lucky. They outchanced teh canucks as far as i could tell, everyone was hustling, and seriously just got unlucky tonight. I would definitely say goaltending was teh difference. They were even pretty good on the penalty kill. Almost had a couple goals on it at least.

By the way, that was an awful call on torres. Sure, he hit sedin with his elbow, but daniel had his head way down, if he has his head up its a clean hit.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:22 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by maruk14
Since when is getting your elbows up in another players face a '100% legal check' ... I am all for a good, physical contest, but even Millen didn't complain about that one ...
I'm not 100% sure, but from the angle I saw it it looked like he raised his elbow but hit him in the chin with his shoulder

Old
12-20-2003, 09:22 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

how embarrasing, five straight losses at home against this team, complete and utter bs. sure this partly is macts fault but lowe stocked this team with a bunch of underachievers.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:26 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

overreaction are you blind. i guess losing is acceptable to you, especially losing three to nothing at home. hhhmmm oh well we had chances and i guess that is acceptable. im glad some people believe poor effort and intensity will keep this team in edmonton.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:27 PM
maruk14

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
I'm not 100% sure, but from the angle I saw it it looked like he raised his elbow but hit him in the chin with his shoulder
Ok. It was a clear forearm/elbow to me. Pretty easy call to make, IMO.

Regardless, it certainly wasn't a '100% legal check', which is what I was mostly responding to. We can debate whether or not the call should have been made (obviously, I think it was a no-brainer to call), but to question the call completely is mis-guided, especially when Torres at least had his elbows up near Sedins' face.

Last edited by maruk14: 12-20-2003 at 09:31 PM.
Old
12-20-2003, 09:29 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

well at least with mact as coach we might have a shot at ovechkin. thats right lads, please continue playing like you dont care and mact please play your favorites.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_Gretzky
Holy overreaction batman. This seriously wasn't all that badly played by the oil.

First of all, except for the naslund goal, they were a couple unlucky giveaways that the canucks capitalized on. Raffi takes one off teh skate which bounces to keane, and chimera, well that was pretty stupid i wont argue with that, but saying the entire team played badly is ridiculous.

They had some great chances on the powerplay, especially oates and just didnt get lucky. They outchanced teh canucks as far as i could tell, everyone was hustling, and seriously just got unlucky tonight. I would definitely say goaltending was teh difference. They were even pretty good on the penalty kill. Almost had a couple goals on it at least.

By the way, that was an awful call on torres. Sure, he hit sedin with his elbow, but daniel had his head way down, if he has his head up its a clean hit.
We sit here after every loss and say how they had unlucky bounces and such, but the fact of the matter is that this team has 2 wins in their last 14 and are a measily 8 pts. away from being the worst team in the NHL.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:30 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:

How many times have I read this post this season?

It's like bloody ground hog day around here lately.

What does THAT tell you?

Old
12-20-2003, 09:31 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

exactly oiltalk how long will it be until the excuses stop.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:32 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

oh cmon it must be the other teams fault why we are losing. those fools how dare they get the unlucky bounces.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:35 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

as a gauge for my overreaction. listen to the crowd lately in edmonton, sounds like deadmonton. you could hear a pin drop in that cemetary.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:38 PM
Dangerdanger

I'm trying to say that it was a heck of a better effort than what they gave against vancouver the first meeting this season. And pretty much every time they played last season. If they play like that consistently they will get more points than they'll give up, its just a matter of doing it consistently.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:41 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

are you kidding i barely felt a pulse from this team tonight. stop giving excuses, consistency where was it. judging from the crowds reaction i would have had a better time listening to a john denver special.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
I'm trying to say that it was a heck of a better effort than what they gave against vancouver the first meeting this season. And pretty much every time they played last season. If they play like that consistently they will get more points than they'll give up, its just a matter of doing it consistently.
I really could care less how well they play if they are constantly turning over the puck. Could you imagine them playing against Kovalchuk right now? He would have made history scoring 10 goals in one game. One thing we can take out of this slump is that the only thing the Oilers are consistent at is. losing

Old
12-20-2003, 09:43 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

to me it is quite obvious the players are not listening to mact anymore.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:45 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
as a gauge for my overreaction. listen to the crowd lately in edmonton, sounds like deadmonton. you could hear a pin drop in that cemetary.
I heard more than a few boos... Unfortunately that was probably the loudest the crowd got tonight.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:47 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

and that is exactly what worries me. fans will not support a team that doesnt care nor is willing to put in an effort.

Old
12-20-2003, 10:06 PM
mackdogs*

My view of the first Torres penalty (which may include Oiler-goggles, much less dangerous than the beer counterpart) was that he was raising his arm but caught him clean with his shoulder. It looked like a 'caught in the trolley tracks' kinda check and Sedin was lucky to escape alive, but it was good wine I drank tonight.

I say we start asking the shot keeper to also talley shots that missed the net. Hemsky in the first, Brewer with a clear shot closing in from the point on a PP are a couple missed net shots that come to mind. They always seem to roll all the way down into our end too

Old
12-20-2003, 10:16 PM
maruk14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdogs
My view of the first Torres penalty (which may include Oiler-goggles, much less dangerous than the beer counterpart) was that he was raising his arm but caught him clean with his shoulder. It looked like a 'caught in the trolley tracks' kinda check and Sedin was lucky to escape alive, but it was good wine I drank tonight.
No worries .... I have had a few Snow Cap Ales and it still looked like an elbow to me, but I am wearing Canuck Goggles, when combined with beer goggles makes my opinion right ... even if I am completely wrong ....

Closed Thread