Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Hitmen vs tigers

Old
04-24-2007, 03:11 PM
sbtatter

vCash: 500
Hitmen vs tigers

Interesting series. The Hitmen have to keep hitting the smaller, faster Tigers. Who knew Russell was such a cry baby, White hit him clean and he stayed down for 5 minutes, but miraclously (sp) didn't miss a shift. Ryan didn't leave his feet, and purposely waited until Russell turned so it wasn't a hit from behind. Dorsett is a big faker as well, he went down before Spence connected (still a dumb play by Spence though). The Tigers will win if they keep that incredible speed going. Helm, Dorsett, Russell can fly. Looks like Keetley is more solid than Spence as well.
And to all the Medicine hat fans that are booing Whitey, please keep the "Bertuzzi boos" going, b/c it's motivating him to hit Russell more and more, he's loving the fact the crowd see him as a problem for Russell!!!

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
Interesting series. The Hitmen have to keep hitting the smaller, faster Tigers. Who knew Russell was such a cry baby, White hit him clean and he stayed down for 5 minutes, but miraclously (sp) didn't miss a shift. Ryan didn't leave his feet, and purposely waited until Russell turned so it wasn't a hit from behind. Dorsett is a big faker as well, he went down before Spence connected (still a dumb play by Spence though). The Tigers will win if they keep that incredible speed going. Helm, Dorsett, Russell can fly. Looks like Keetley is more solid than Spence as well.
And to all the Medicine hat fans that are booing Whitey, please keep the "Bertuzzi boos" going, b/c it's motivating him to hit Russell more and more, he's loving the fact the crowd see him as a problem for Russell!!!
There was NOTHING clean about the hit on Russell, I was at the game. Russell was low, digging the puck out and White came from behind and nailed him, forearm up.

At least the Hat fans had a reason to boo, not like the *hitmen fans at the last game...

04-25-2007, 09:36 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
There was NOTHING clean about the hit on Russell, I was at the game. Russell was low, digging the puck out and White came from behind and nailed him, forearm up.

At least the Hat fans had a reason to boo, not like the *hitmen fans at the last game...
I wrote that post just for you Ti girl!! Seriously though, White's hit was clean, his arms were not raised, Russell, who's small anyway was leaning forward so that's why his head was hit by the arm. And it wasn't from behind, Ryan waited till Russel was sideways to the board, watch the replay. Expect more of the same tonight, and even more in the hat, the booing will motivate White! Let's hope the Hitmen win tonight to make it a best of 3. I think that the Tigers speed will win out, and they take the series in 6....Oh yes, it's about time Dorsett and Dupont went toe to toe....

Old
04-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Ti-girl

Quote:
I wrote that post just for you Ti girl!! Seriously though, White's hit was clean, his arms were not raised, Russell, who's small anyway was leaning forward so that's why his head was hit by the arm. And it wasn't from behind, Ryan waited till Russel was sideways to the board, watch the replay. Expect more of the same tonight, and even more in the hat, the booing will motivate White! Let's hope the Hitmen win tonight to make it a best of 3. I think that the Tigers speed will win out, and they take the series in 6....Oh yes, it's about time Dorsett and Dupont went toe to toe....
You realise that its in Calgary right? So I HIGHLY doubt that the *hitmen fans will be booing White. They'll be booing Russ, and it didn't appear to affect him any.

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Tiger Trauma

Quote:
White did crunch russel quite a few times, and i thought russel did become somewhat disinterested in the defensive zone.

However IMO the "hit" wasn't clean, and 4 minutes was the right call. As a tiger fan i could tell right away russel was ok, just a little winded.

For the dorsett incident. I thought dorsett played it perfectly. Dorsett was doing his thing in front of the net and spence gave him a whack. Dorsett managed to hold his stick by squeezing his legs together, spence became focused on him , and forgot about the upcoming shot.

Those goalie sticks are partly made out of kevlar, you know the stuff used in bullet proof vests. Try taking one of those to the back of the leg where there aint no protection.

Dorsett does play a fine line, and sometimes it costs him

As for the booing part i thought we did a good job. White was held pointless and a -1 rating in those two games at the arena. When he's distracted by hitting russel he hasn't been scoring so far. Lets see if russel can improve upon that, cause i bet he gets booed tonight.

I only watched the last game on tv but i thought the tigers didnt play well most the game, and it was partly cause calgary was playing pretty effectivly. They didn't give the tigers much offensively and our powerplay was non-existant.

I said at another site, that i wouldn't be suprised if it came to medicine hat all tied at 2(although i hope not . Calgary has a great team, and play really well at home.. I bet tonight they get alot of fan support too.

Game 4 is 30 mins away, and is HUGE for both teams.
Go Tigers Go

Tiger Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

As a somewhat biased fan, I'm torn by this series. On one hand, the Tigers boast two Blue Jacket prospects in Dorsett and Russell, Russell being the heir apparent to Bryan Berard, this makes me want to cheer for the 'Hat.

On the other hand, Dan Mercer, a fantastic gentleman and my favorite WHLer plays for the Hitmen, and is in his first playoff season.

This makes things very difficult, so I guess the only thing to do is...

GO HITMEN!

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Ti-girl

Tigers Win
Tigers Win

3-1 Going Back To The Hat Baaaaaaaaby!

Old
04-25-2007, 11:24 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
You realise that its in Calgary right? So I HIGHLY doubt that the *hitmen fans will be booing White. They'll be booing Russ, and it didn't appear to affect him any.
I know tonights game was in Calgary, when I said "even more in the hat, the booing will motivate White" I meant "in the hat, the booing will motivate White!"
3 v 1 Tigers, so maybe it won't go to 6 now?

Old
04-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Ti-girl

Can't see it going to 6. The Tigers are tough in the Arena.

Old
04-26-2007, 08:14 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Can't see it going to 6. The Tigers are tough in the Arena.
How many 19 and 20 year olds do the Tigers have? Just wondering how much the team will change next year. The Hitmen have very few 19 year olds, so apart from losing their 3 over agers, should be in grea shape next season...Man, Keetley covers a lot of space in the net!!

Old
04-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Ti-girl

Russell, Helm, Sauer, Sauer, Undershute, Todd, Baldwin and Schelmko.

Though in saying that, the past two years have been "rebuilding years" for the Tigers.

And you should have seen Keets BEFORE he lost weight! But yes, he does take up a lot of net.

Old
04-26-2007, 09:30 AM
WheatiesHockey

Last nights game was highly entertaining to say the least. The HAT has a bit more in the depth and experience and it shows. Calgary has had an amazing playoff run and it bodes well for next year. Yeo and Alzner have been great on special teams and one truly hopes NHL GMs have been taking notes. The Hitmen have a much better physical game than the Tigers. The Tigers have a better puck control game than the Hitmen. So far that has been the story of the series.

WheatiesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote