HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

forwards blues could use

Old
04-24-2007, 04:27 PM
fan in oregon

vCash: 500
forwards blues could use

A couple of forwards that might be available for the Blues are Jeffrey Lupol of the oilers and Chris Bourque of the Caps both could be had with the strong possibility
of the Blues moving up in the draft for Backman and 9. opinions?

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Irish Blues

I'm not going to ask about the "logic" behind this.

04-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Irish Blues

Nah - I changed my mind, I'm in the mood to argue.

1. How does getting Lupul [who was still having post-concussion syndrome issues at the end of the regular season] help us move up in the draft, and why on earth would Edmonton want to deal him just a year after getting him in the Pronger deal?

2. Can you tell me three things about Chris Bourque that indicate he'd be a good fit for the Blues? (Note: saying "he's Ray Bourque's son" means squat for answering this question.)

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 04:48 PM
2ForRoughing*

Well.. Lupul sounds like "loophole" and Bourque rhymes with Spork so maybe the kid is into the law and plastic cutlery. Makes perfect sense to me.

2ForRoughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 04:58 PM
HarmonyOfDissonance

Send a message via AIM to HarmonyOfDissonance
Well to be honest. I don't want either of them. How about trading Backman and 9th pick to LA for 4th and O'Sullivan, But knowing that O'Sullivan is probably out of the question i think we'd have a better chance at Jamie Lundmark or Kostopolous (sp?) Hell even a slight chance at Willsie

HarmonyOfDissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 06:45 PM
fan in oregon

the logic behind this is that both can play center and i heard good things about both
It was your contention that the Blues will move up in the Draft to pick a top 5 forward so I was looking to see who was available. I seriously doubt that the Kings will trade O sullivan straight up for Backman. Sorry I didnt know Lupul was hurt all
i know he wasnt playing. I still stand behind my assertion that the Capitals would be a good team to trade up with because they have an abundance of young forwards
such as Bourque, Fehr, Fleschman and Gordon who could help the Blues now and in the future.

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
funktasticblues93

Send a message via Yahoo to funktasticblues93
I don't see anyone with a top pick trading a player along with the pick, if the Blues do trade up, it'll be a couple of picks not a player and a pick for a player and a pick. If the BLues do trade anyone, I see it as being a deal like the luongo deal last year

funktasticblues93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Irish Blues

I'm still trying to figure out how Backman and our 9th gets Bourque and Washington's 5th.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 09:57 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
1. How does getting Lupul [who was still having post-concussion syndrome issues at the end of the regular season] help us move up in the draft, and why on earth would Edmonton want to deal him just a year after getting him in the Pronger deal?
The logic behind Lupul I can understand.

1) Edmonton holds the #6 pick which helps us get our Forward(I think we're looking to go a little higher than #6 but that's just me).

2) Putting Lupul with Boyes, Stempy and Backes would give us a fairly impressive group of young scoring wingers(Lupul is primarily a WINGER, FIO; not a center) to go into next season with(assuming Lupul passes a physical before the trade is completed).

While this doesn't help us with our problems at Center; it would certainly be an interesting trade to consider(something based around Backman and the 9th for Lupul and the 6th). This would give us 3 young wingers that would have realistic shots at scoring 25-30+ goals next year; PLUS Weight, Rucinsky, Backes, McClement and whatever Center we go after(if we got Lupul we'd probably go after more of a Handzus caliber center). I could easily see that group forming an upper teir offense.

Quote:
2. Can you tell me three things about Chris Bourque that indicate he'd be a good fit for the Blues? (Note: saying "he's Ray Bourque's son" means squat for answering this question.)
I have to agree with you here.
Bourque does nothing for us.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Gman7191

If Lupul passes a physical and is healthy this deafinitly could be a good idea. Also dont forget this was his sophmore year and it could have been the supposade sophmore slump. With the right trade this is a very good idea.

Gman7191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Carl Racki

Send a message via AIM to Carl Racki
"supposade"...is that the new flavor from gatorade that is ingested as a suppository or what?

Carl Racki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Hoosier96

There are a couple of huge names that I think you guys are overlooking- namely Gomez...

All I want to say is that we can scratch Brad Boyes off the list- that was a GREAT trade for the Blues and one of the best in recent memory....

Hoosier96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 04:03 PM
CuSa_1

Scratch Boyes off of what list?

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 04:06 PM
2ForRoughing*

supposade?

Old
04-25-2007, 04:33 PM
fcpremix88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ForRoughing View Post
supposade?
Don't be a jackass.

SUPPOSED. He didn't spell it right because he's not in your class of writing or, possibly, he likes to spell in incorrect ways.

This goes for you too, Carl Racki.

Lupul doesn't solve our center problem, nor, it would seem, would Edmonton want to deal him after a single year.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 04:49 PM
2ForRoughing*

sorry dude I wasn't making fun of your spelling I was laughing at Carl's 'supposade' post because I found it amusing. Nothing directed towards you at all.
Supposade. That cracks me up.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Carl Racki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
Don't be a jackass.

SUPPOSED. He didn't spell it right because he's not in your class of writing or, possibly, he likes to spell in incorrect ways.

This goes for you too, Carl Racki.

Lupul doesn't solve our center problem, nor, it would seem, would Edmonton want to deal him after a single year.
Watch it, or I'll hook you up with another new flavor, canawhoopassade....

Take it easy there, trigger...

Old
04-27-2007, 03:15 AM
Gman7191

Does anyone think someone like Petr Prucha would be a good option, if the Rangers are maybe looking to swing a deal.

My list of possible Forwards
-Petr Prucha
-Stephen Weiss
-Marek Svatos
-Nikolai Zherdev(highly unlikly)

Gman7191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman7191 View Post
Does anyone think someone like Petr Prucha would be a good option, if the Rangers are maybe looking to swing a deal.

My list of possible Forwards
-Petr Prucha
-Stephen Weiss
-Marek Svatos
-Nikolai Zherdev(highly unlikly)
I'd rather put the salary money Prucha would get into a scoring forward who wouldn't fade away when the hitting gets hard and the checking gets tight.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Carl Racki

Is Dainus Zubrus a UFA or not? I don't see him on the list at the trade rumors forum..

Old
04-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Adelpiero10

if your going to deal a defenseman to pick up a young skilled forward, Jackman will have to be the bait.

backman, besides being injured lately has stuggled, the injury was probably the reason, you have to have 2 years recovery time for major leg injuries. it takes a good 2 years to get 100% and fully trust that knee,lef,ankle, etc.

mayers 1 year off his injury was horrid, you could tell he didnt trust his leg, year later and he had a solid year(not sure 900K of a year).

first year is always getting it back to health
2nd year is trusting that it wil lhold up

Adelpiero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelpiero10 View Post
if your going to deal a defenseman to pick up a young skilled forward, Jackman will have to be the bait.

backman, besides being injured lately has stuggled, the injury was probably the reason, you have to have 2 years recovery time for major leg injuries. it takes a good 2 years to get 100% and fully trust that knee,lef,ankle, etc.

mayers 1 year off his injury was horrid, you could tell he didnt trust his leg, year later and he had a solid year(not sure 900K of a year).

first year is always getting it back to health
2nd year is trusting that it wil lhold up
That's a good point. But Jackman has a history of injuries, so he will be discounted to a lower value than his playing level. Both Jackman and Bäckman (along with Salvador-despite Brewer's objections) can be used in a trade to get back a proven young forward. But other assets will have to be added (a high draft choice, or a couple choices, and another needed player-perhaps Bacashiua). If the right package for the right buyer comes along, it might be doable.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 07:30 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelpiero10 View Post
Tell that to Dennis Wideman.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 07:32 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Nah - I changed my mind, I'm in the mood to argue.

I think you are confusing Lupul with Jared Stoll who indeed has experienced a post-concussion syndrome.
A lot of Oilers' fans has been frustrated with Joffrey Lupul and would have no problem with the trade, provided a good player is coming the other way. But probably as many feel that he's got tons of upside and would like him to be an Oiler for the next season (I think that's what the management think too).

I personally would not mind him traded.
How about Jackman and your first round pick (#9 overall) for Lupul+ Islanders 1st round pick (#15)

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 07:39 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
How about Jackman and your first round pick (#9 overall) for Lupul+ Islanders 1st round pick (#15)
I know you are making this offer in good faith, but I think I can speak for everybody in rejecting this proposal outright.

If it were Jackman and the #9 for Lupul + pick #6 AND someone like JVR was still on the board when the deal was struck... maybe. That would be one to mull very seriously. You have to understand how highly Jackman is thought of - as a Dman and a future NHL captain. I'd probably still reject it because it boils down to Jackman for Lupul and the delta between the value of pick 9 and 6... that's selling Jackman on the cheap.

I think we can get a roster forward or move up in the draft for the more expendable Backman.

Last edited by PocketNines: 04-28-2007 at 07:46 PM.
PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote