HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

forwards blues could use

Old
04-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I know you are making this offer in good faith, but I think I can speak for everybody in rejecting this proposal outright.

If it were Jackman and the #9 for Lupul + pick #6 AND someone like JVR was still on the board when the deal was struck... maybe. That would be one to mull very seriously. You have to understand how highly Jackman is thought of - as a Dman and a future NHL captain. I'd probably still reject it because it boils down to Jackman for Lupul and the delta between the value of pick 9 and 6... that's selling Jackman on the cheap.

I think we can get a roster forward or move up in the draft for the more expendable Backman.
I agree. Jackman should bring more than just Lupul and moving up three positions in this draft. He had a healthy season. He's a defensive defenceman who carries the puck well, with confidence. His offensive game is improving. He's got a decent shot. He plays tough. Great on the PK. He's improving on the PP.

Jackman on The Oilers' blueline would help them significantly more than Lupul would help The Blues.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 07:00 PM
StLooFrenchy

Jax>Lupul.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Gman7191

Are the Oilers the only team looking to get a d-man. Are there any other teams, so we dont have to listen to 10 Lupul proposals.

Gman7191 is offline   Reply With Quote