HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

What is the deal with Drury?

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2003, 09:18 PM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

vCash: 500
What is the deal with Drury?

32 games, 19 points.
If he were to play 82 games (which he obviously will not with the games missed due to the injury) he would have had a pro-rated grand total of 49 points.
Not exactly the offensive output I expected from him.

Has he been snake-bitten, played with not the best linemates, concentrating on his two-way game?

Who have been his linemates for most of the season?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by FanSince2014: 12-21-2003 at 10:10 PM.
Old
12-22-2003, 01:54 AM
gmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnziggywidit
32 games, 19 points.
If he were to play 82 games (which he obviously will not with the games missed due to the injury) he would have had a pro-rated grand total of 49 points.

Has he been snake-bitten, played with not the best linemates, concentrating on his two-way game?

Thanks.

Two words... "Lindy Ruff!"

Old
12-22-2003, 02:42 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Practically every decent offensive player who comes to Buffalo becomes "snake-bitten."

Old
12-22-2003, 05:27 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
32 games, 19 points.

Thanks.
Pro-rated to mid-40's for the season... sounds about right considering he's not riding the wing with Joe Sakic or Peter Forsberg. At his best he was a 60 point player when playing with either of two of the best centers in the NHL. Since he doesn't have the benefit of playing with someone of that level, he's going to give the production he has in other years (including his 2 40+ point season <i>with</i> the Avs).

You didn't buy into the hype did you? His scoring totals are on par with a slightly better version of Stu Barnes...

Old
12-22-2003, 05:33 AM
RattledSABRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
You didn't buy into the hype did you? His scoring totals are on par with a slightly better version of Stu Barnes...
Druuuuuu Barnes!!!

Old
12-22-2003, 12:54 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Pro-rated to mid-40's for the season... sounds about right considering he's not riding the wing with Joe Sakic or Peter Forsberg. At his best he was a 60 point player when playing with either of two of the best centers in the NHL. Since he doesn't have the benefit of playing with someone of that level, he's going to give the production he has in other years (including his 2 40+ point season <i>with</i> the Avs).

well he did score 53 points last year with Gelinas and Matthias Johansson/Oleg Saprykin as linemates.

after watching him for a year in Calgary, I think he could anchor an average second line, or be a support player on a first line...but not a go-to guy by himself

Old
12-22-2003, 02:10 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
32 games, 19 points.

Thanks.
his been under alot of stress as his wife was gonna have a baby, and now has.

his played visably better since, plus his got the dead ends, as only 1 line's scored. but i think he'll improve from now on.

Closed Thread