HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Master Plan?

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2007, 09:32 PM
TheRedressor

vCash: 500
Grand Master Plan?

Has anyone taken a step back and looked at the big picture? Is it possible that the NHL has pre-arranged a Sabres victory of the Stanley Cup? This thought first came to mind in the Isles-Sabres series. The Islanders battled hard and with some excellent goaltending by Rick DiPietro, they were able to steal game 2 in Buffalo. Back at the coliseum the Islanders were blatantly robbed in both games 3 and 4. As a Ranger fan I stood there and watched clearly negligent calls be made and shook my head in disappointment. Where is the professionalism in this league? Not only how could the NHL allow/initiate this type of action but also how could no one other then Ted Nolan speak up regarding the foul play at hand.
Game 1 of the Rangers-Sabres series is truly what cemented this conspiracy theory for me. It is not about MY Rangers losing tonight. It is about regarding that it seems no matter who the Sabres play they are going to be guided to victory by outside sources. This thread is in no way meant to start and uproar of Buffalo fans coming over antagonizing posters such as myself. I am just trying to provide some food for thought.

Old
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
DiPietrofan39

i feel for you guys right now because i/we/my team went throught he same thing. now i havent seen it but my dad told me it went off his hand and in and he motioned forward. I hate to pull for the rangers but i cant stand buffalo

Old
04-25-2007, 09:36 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Has anyone taken a step back and looked at the big picture? Is it possible that the NHL has pre-arranged a Sabres victory of the Stanley Cup? This thought first came to mind in the Isles-Sabres series. The Islanders battled hard and with some excellent goaltending by Rick DiPietro, they were able to steal game 2 in Buffalo. Back at the coliseum the Islanders were blatantly robbed in both games 3 and 4. As a Ranger fan I stood there and watched clearly negligent calls be made and shook my head in disappointment. Where is the professionalism in this league? Not only how could the NHL allow/initiate this type of action but also how could no one other then Ted Nolan speak up regarding the foul play at hand.
Game 1 of the Rangers-Sabres series is truly what cemented this conspiracy theory for me. It is not about MY Rangers losing tonight. It is about regarding that it seems no matter who the Sabres play they are going to be guided to victory by outside sources. This thread is in no way meant to start and uproar of Buffalo fans coming over antagonizing posters such as myself. I am just trying to provide some food for thought.
I have no DOUBT in my mind that the sbares got more of the calls tonight. During the ISLES series, now I know why the fans threw garbage on the ice and let me say- RIGHTFULLY SO!! What disgusting reffing, beyond ludicrous. Lindy Ruff needs to stop blowing these refs.

Old
04-25-2007, 09:36 PM
ThirdEye

I am trying as hard as possible to believe not. Anyway, it's too early for these threads. Not like we can do anything about it anyway

Old
04-25-2007, 09:37 PM
danman1202

Why would the league want the Sabres to win the Cup and not the Rangers? Wouldn't the Rangers winning be better for the league?

Old
04-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Balej20*

They may get calls because of their cry baby coach, but there is no grand master plan.

I understand the Sabres are the Baby of the New NHL, exactly what the league wants to be identified as. Speed, scoring, soft, no fighting, no hitting, wide open play, speed, one way players, scoring and wide open play....but there is no conspiracy theory, that's just silly.

Old
04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
chi777

I was at the game and not to sound to homerish, maybe you guys were rusty, but y'all were having trouble keeping up with the Sabres. And you guys were outhit. The Sabres never outhit anyone. No conspiacy, you just didn't play a good game.

Old
04-25-2007, 09:46 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

man.. thanks for discrediting the talent on our team.

all that talk about the islander series is childish. nolan went on record to deny the vanek goal.. and then carried on about scoring one before miller was hit in the net.

The sabres are better then atlanta.. so don't expect to win every game.

Old
04-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Balej20*

I will agree there is def. no conspiracy theory and I will agree that the Sabres destroyed the Rangers tonight...but there is no way you convince me that the Sabres aren't a soft team.

Old
04-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Did they catch all the breaks in game 1? Yes.

Does that mean there is a NHL conspiracy to let them win? No.

Seriously, why would you make a thread like this?

Old
04-25-2007, 09:49 PM
HenrikO'doyle

There isnt a conspiracy theory imo but there is blatant favoritism.

Old
04-25-2007, 09:53 PM
DiPietrofan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
There isnt a conspiracy theory imo but there is blatant favoritism.
thats a good way to put it

Old
04-25-2007, 09:57 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldandBlue View Post
Hehe...yeah.

Show me where I said something incorrect...The Sabres outplayed the Rangers in every way possible tonight....you did NOTHING better.
Shots 34-36 in favor of sabres BUT considering the amount of penalties we where killing off thats really really close.

Face-offs...Rangers 52%, Sabres 47%- we win there.

Our pp was 1 for 5 while yours was 1 for 8, we win that percentage as well.

Ironically, you guys out shot us in the first which was the period we played the best. The second period the shots where 15-13 Rangers. The third period the shots where 11-9 again in favor of the Rangers.

So no, you guys did not outplay the Rangers in everyway possible. Try again.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:00 PM
its_millertime

so what the NHL is trying to make up for the no goal against dallas is 99 or the puck in the side of the net vs the pens in 2001? the sabres have been in the blame the refs position for a long time. i think if not for avery's antics before the game the penalties may have been called even or one in favored for you(taking out avery's penalties cause they were iffy and 2 others) Its Don Koharski who has crapped on buffalo for sooooo long and I cant believe his crew favored Buffalo

Old
04-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Balej20*

ATTENTION BUFFALO FANS:

This thread topic is the opinion of one, individual, lone Ranger fan. This thread does not represent the opinions of the entire Ranger fan base. Please do not think that we are all crying now because of one persons opinion.

With that said, carry on.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:04 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
I love how people are so adament about none of this possibly being true. It's not a conspiracy it's called people cheating for monetary gains. Is it happening? Probably not, but we now have a multi game sample of a fishy nature and if it continues it warants discussion. You all act like cheating in proffessional sports doesn't exist.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:06 PM
vladmyir111

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldandBlue View Post
Again, We crushed you. I don't care about a 5% faceoff differential, or a meaningless PP goal...

You were never in control of the game, you won maybe 4-5 shifts all game, your big guns didn't show up, your big mouths got embarassed....complete domination

You know I've recieved infractions for laughing at another team's player on their boards, if this isn't trolling then I dunno what is

Old
04-25-2007, 10:08 PM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Oh please, the Sabres outplayed the Rangers tonight. There's no conspiracy here.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:09 PM
mrhockey193195

this conspiracy nonsense is crap, as far as I'm concerned.

However, Buffalo did get (seemingly) all the calls today. Pominville was iffy, at best (luckily it didn't have much bearing on the final outcome), and some of the penatlies called on the rangers were absurd.

However, a couple of the Buffalo penalties were terrible calls also (namely the second one, where betts fell down, that lead to the 5-on-3).

Irrespective, Buffalo would win game 1 had the game been called perfectly. But I agree, Buffalo got most of the calls today.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:11 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I should reiterate myself, the penalties that where given to us. Not the penalties that we took.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Each hit is going to be harder.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
BernieNicholls9

sabres fans make it like we didn't even show up, if you guys outplayed us so much why was it 0-0 after the first period and you were 1 for 8 on the power play?

Old
04-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Ok, thats enough here folks. Move along.

Closed Thread