HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In Order To Win

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2007, 09:46 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
In Order To Win

The third line needs more ice time. That is a line that can match Buffalo's speed. Every time they were out there, they were creating chances. 7 - 8 minutes is not enough. These guy should be out there at least 12 - 15 minutes a game.

Old
04-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
The third line needs more ice time. That is a line that can match Buffalo's speed. Every time they were out there, they were creating chances. 7 - 8 minutes is not enough. These guy should be out there at least 12 - 15 minutes a game.
Also...The defense has to start standing up the soft Buffalo forwards. It looked like a pick up game out there tonight. Little guys making insane moves around our d-man. It was embarassing.

Old
04-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldandBlue View Post
Buffalos soft forwards....we knocked you guys all over the ice? You guys have soft forwards.

And we make insane moves around everyone.
Your first 19 posts of your HF Board career have been real beauts.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Van Loki

I'm sorry, but Buffalo is the better team. Nothing against the Rangers, however I am definitely reveling in this victory after a few choice words from one of your players earlier in the week.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:21 PM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
You're right. I'm going to try and redirect this thread now.

You gotta hope that the Rangers were just rusty. They weren't skating, they weren't taking the body. They look disinterested all night.
our boys did look flat. I thought the first 10mins were bad but the Rangers seemed to be ok and Buffalo looked asleep...it was like the Rangers got hypnotized and sleepy. Then Buffalo just played their game.

As for soft...i think Buffalo put some hits on Avery but Buffalo was far from PHYSICAL. And ther forwards ado not make a living from pysical play...

The Rangers had nothing as far as physical play goes. It seemed the Buffalo forwards were too quick...i hope it was just this game...and the next one the Rangers will bring it for real.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:24 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGraveOne View Post
our boys did look flat. I thought the first 10mins were bad but the Rangers seemed to be ok and Buffalo looked asleep...it was like the Rangers got hypnotized and sleepy. Then Buffalo just played their game.

As for soft...i think Buffalo put some hits on Avery but Buffalo was far from PHYSICAL. And ther forwards ado not make a living from pysical play...

The Rangers had nothing as far as physical play goes. It seemed the Buffalo forwards were too quick...i hope it was just this game...and the next one the Rangers will bring it for real.
Only real hit I recall on avery was the knee on knee. ATL and buffalo are night and day in the hit department. Though I can't honestly say hitting them will help these guys went down all game long on love taps and it's gona get called all series long unlike when ATL hit every man 4 seconds after the puck was moved.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:28 PM
stuart

It ain't over

1. Rozival getting hurt is bad. He plays the most minutes on the Rangers and even though he is not a top top tier D man he is probably the Rangers best all around D man.

2. Rachunek played bad tonight. He needs to tighten it up quickly.

3. Tonight they looked like the early in the year Rangers, bad penalties, high risk passes and not conservative enough on offense.

4. They need to play ultra conservative, they cannot overall keep up with the Sabres they need to slow things down.

It is not over but they need to play much smarter game 2...........

Old
04-25-2007, 10:29 PM
artoor13

If we try to hit them we will get burned. Take a look at what happened to the Thrashers. They tried to dominate us physically and we owned them by playing the puck. This team is too fast and skilled with the puck. You pick one of them off and another Sabre is all over the biscuit on a break.

The Rangers need to rush the puck up the ice but keep one dman further back because their transitions are smooth as butter. And back check like crazy.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
VJ Rangerfan

Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Here are my thoughts about tongiht, remainder of series.

The defense needs to tighten up, maybe sit Rachunek and play Pock. Rachunek seemed lost out there tonight and it may have been the wrong time to insert him back into the lineup.

Losing Roszival definately added to the difficulties we had all night and losing him would be horrible for our team, he is our number 1 and adds a comfort level on the blueline and on the PP so far this postseason.

Our boys also seemed to come out strong and then stopped skating and started taking bad penalties. Those penalties killed the flow we came out with and damaged our momentum big time. We just kept getting beat and clutching/grabbing. Our PK was great, but it was bound to catch up with us.

Get back to basics of putting the puck on net, the exact thing that helped us against the Thrashers and throughout this 2 month stretch. The 2nd PP unit tonight looked more like the "pass" unit then the 1st. Regarding the 5 on 3, I think they need to put Jags OR Shanny on the back end, not both. It just hasn't worked all season and I don't see why it would begin to now, against Buffalo.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:45 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

5 on 3 was awful and has been all year. I truly believe that the Rangers don't practice it.

Old
04-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Give him points, revoke his account, Ban his rookie asss & move on. I dont need this F'in agravation!
He won't be bothering this board again.

04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
He won't be bothering this board again.
You've seriously been a big help.

Old
04-25-2007, 11:38 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
Why are all these Sabre Trolls saddled w/ the Heading "Rookie User", me thinks they just got internet access on the bandwagon.

Wadda ya think?
I think you speak the truth my good friend, the truth indeed.

Anyway, D needs to tighten up, and we definitely need to get a little more physical. Now, I don't want to make the same mistake ATL did, as in gettin OVER physical, but the only way to slow these guys down is to hit them. Not only does their speed help with od man rushes, but it draws penalties, as we learned, the hard way tonite. Avery wasn't on his game, or didn't expect all that attention. I think he had his hands full tonite, but knows what to expect now. The whole team looked shakey, not really confident, but, one glaring positive point: Miller looks human in net. AS in he did make some great saves, but definitely able to score on him. If the Rangers help out Henke, and he stays on top of his game, that could mean the series.

Old
04-25-2007, 11:45 PM
TragHip_check

It seems like the Rangers are in trouble. Their strategy must change before game 2--they can't win a a track meet with the Sabres. Too much speed on 4 lines means someones beating a defender and probably creating a good scoring chance or drawing a penalty.

Refs get evaluated every regular season game by Stephen Walkom and those that adhear to the "new NHL rules" the most get the highest marks. Combine that with Bettman being in attendence for tonights game and you have a recipe for disaster for any defender who looks to gain an edge by holding or hooking even the slightest bit.

The reasons the Islanders could slow the Sabres was because of DiPietro's puck handling. A goalie that comes out to stop every puck shot into the zone combined with a strong trap at the line means very few successful dump-and-chase shoot-ins for Buffalo. That slowed the team down greatly. The Rangers need to trap and counter-attack.

Cheers.

Old
04-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
the 3rd line will play more when the team stops taking so many penalties.

Old
04-25-2007, 11:53 PM
tjs252

With the layoff, it's not that surprising to see the outcome.

We'll get them in game 2.

Old
04-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
With the layoff, it's not that surprising to see the outcome.
it was, what, 2 more days?

Old
04-26-2007, 12:00 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

It's not about the third line, its about staying out of the box and the refs being fair in all aspects of the game.

Old
04-26-2007, 12:11 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
It's not about the third line, its about staying out of the box and the refs being fair in all aspects of the game.
That pretty much sums it up. That and making better passes and actually skating instead of looking around. They seemed a step or two slow tonight. Hopefully they step it up for game 2.

Old
04-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

To much gloating on our part before this series even started. I love Avery for what he brings on the ice but his off ice antics could use to be toned down a bit. I seriously think the Rangers were a tad over confident this game. That being said I believe Renney will turn things around and we could very well see a Rangers victory in game 2. At least I'm hoping so.
Let's Go Rangers!

Old
04-26-2007, 12:57 AM
JimmyTheGreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
Why are all these Sabre Trolls saddled w/ the Heading "Rookie User", me thinks they just got internet access on the bandwagon.

Wadda ya think?
I think the Sabres home games have sold out every single game this year.

That's what I think.

I also think that you guys should consider this game a wake-up call. Not that you are doomed to lose the series, but that you should really take the Sabres more seriously. I had the feeling that you got a little too cocky after sweeping Atlanta. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the feeling I got.

Old
04-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheGreek View Post
I think the Sabres home games have sold out every single game this year.

That's what I think.
I think the square root of 9 is 3

what's your point?

Old
04-26-2007, 01:01 AM
JimmyTheGreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I think the square root of 9 is 3

what's your point?
My point is that the Sabres have many hardcore fans, and the claim that we're all a bunch of bandwagoners is false.

Old
04-26-2007, 01:52 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
ENOUGH of this bickering between fans. Us Mods are getting sick of it pretty quickly. If Sabres fans want to come on this board and have a constructive discussion, that is all fine and dandy. But if they want to take things off-topic, troll or flame, they'll be handled with accordingly. From what I've seen so far, not many of them seem interested in carrying on a constructive discussion. And that is going to stop.

If you have a problem with a post, please use the report post feature. DO NOT feed the trolls, it only leaves a bigger mess for us to clean up.

Closed Thread