HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Poile & Trotz on Sportsline tonight ...

Old
04-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Poile & Trotz on Sportsline tonight ...

News Channel 5+ in 5 or so minutes ... I'll be DVR'ing it

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 08:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
News Channel 5+ in 5 or so minutes ... I'll be DVR'ing it
Post a re-cap, if possible.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 08:06 PM
braindead

I'm watching it.... they have a monkey running the camera. He must have worked for Fox Sports South. I mean Poile is sitting still and he still is having trouble.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 08:22 PM
braindead

Summary of Poile: Injuries hurt us, we lost our swagger, lost our ability to offensively intimidate, we had a great regular season. Need to figure out what to do to take the next step. Winning a game against Detroit at the end would have given us 1st place. We had bad luck in the series other than game 3. Penalties in the playoffs were much worse. Goaltending was great, D was good (singled out Kimmo, Weber, Suter, Zanon). Additions were great- Arnott and Dumont. Rads didn't deserve his suspension and had a great playoffs.

Old
04-24-2007, 08:26 PM
braindead

Trotz: Series was closer than 4-1 but showed immaturity in discipline. Forsberg trade showed we thought we could win it all. Forsberg helped our young guys just to be around him. Young guys are great: Rads, Erat, Legwand (great growth), Suter (big improvement), Weber, Zanon. "A great year with a bitter ending".

Old
04-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

No structural damage in Sullivan's back

Old
04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
braindead

Poile singled out the following prospects: Klien (ready to play in the nhl) brookbank, koistenen (i think) cal o'reilly (substantially improved), franson (live's on Shea Weber's street), Laakso (intend to work hard to sign him and bring him over), and hornquist (outscored forsberg as a rookie in the swedish league and they think a real find in the 7th round).

They then interview a variety of players who all say: 1. injuries were a big part of the problem, 2. someone(s) likely won't be back, 3. everyone got along and had fun, 4. it wasn't the fault of trotz.

Kimmo and Harts both say they want to come back. Harts in particular seemed to want to come back. He said you could blame the refs (and smiled) for the series and said it was VERY frustrating. [Editorial from me: Re-sign him, name him captain and let Kimmo go]. He almost implied that he thought Kimmo was leaving but maybe I read too much into it.

Old
04-24-2007, 09:39 PM
mmneely932

I heard Poile on the Zone this morning and Crispy was on sometime recently. Poile said if Forsberg wants to play in Nashville next year that he (Poile) will make it happen. Having said that he also said he was not sure that Peter would play anywhere next year.

Crispy was talking about injuries and the item that surprised me the most was how badly Kimmo was injured, yet kept it quiet and played through it. He indicated that maybe it was more than just his wrist.

I personally think Kimmo should stay, especially as captain, unless the make Sully captain. Hartnell still does not show enough maturity and has not been a great role model.

It's a shame Mase couldn't be captain, I understood from one of the many interviews that he is the man in the locker room.

Also, there was an interview with Kariya by Kuharsky (sp) from the Tenn. and he used playing in Nashville in past tense, Plaster asked Poile about that Poile said he'd have to see the article, but he was planning on talking to PK later.

Poile said that in the team meeting, either today or yesterday that he publicly apologized to Vishnevsky and said that he was brought here to hopefully help the team and his career and certainly not to hurt his career chances in any way.

mmneely932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Pred303

heard it from a friend that talked to timonen last night.. that he was expecting the flyers to make an offer for around 6 million to come quarterback their pp.. sounds way too high for me, i thought 5 mil would have been overpaying and thats what hartnell and legwand told handtrick and i that timonen was probably going to ask for from us..

from all i have seen and heard, the flyers are seriously interested in signing him though, so this figure might actually be right or close to what they offer...

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I guess they want him to come play with his brother and to replace what Kim Johnson did for them for so long.

04-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

IF it's 6 mil ... so long Kimmo ... hello Hannan

Old
04-24-2007, 10:51 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
heard it from a friend that talked to timonen last night.. that he was expecting the flyers to make an offer for around 6 million to come quarterback their pp.. sounds way too high for me, i thought 5 mil would have been overpaying and thats what hartnell and legwand told handtrick and i that timonen was probably going to ask for from us..

from all i have seen and heard, the flyers are seriously interested in signing him though, so this figure might actually be right or close to what they offer...
That's certainly interesting, and it makes you wonder if the 5 million we were speculating he was after\would be offered elsewhere is actually the "hometown discount" number we were imagining. At any rate, I think it's way too rich for our tastes..

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 11:48 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I guess they want him to come play with his brother and to replace what Kim Johnson did for them for so long.
His brother is not an NHL player, so that angle is greatly overplayed. I certainly think the Flyers will be interested, especially if Andrei Markov and Rafalski are not available come July, 1.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 06:28 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Wow, Timonen for 6 mil a year? Ouch! I do think if the Flyers used him a little smarter than Trotz did and kept him from getting too many minutes on the PK and against top lines, that he would be more effective as the season progressed and possibly on into the playoffs. But for $6 million, you are expecting the guy to be a #1 Dman and he just isn't anywhere near that.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 07:27 AM
RaiderDoug

6 million?!?! Thats darn near max contract which can buy you Crosby in a few years.

Timonen is a great 3-4 guy, maybe a #2. But you dont pay 6 mil for that.

If he can get 6 million, he hit the jackpot. We can do better, and cheaper.

RaiderDoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 08:17 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
6 million?!?! Thats darn near max contract which can buy you Crosby in a few years.

Timonen is a great 3-4 guy, maybe a #2. But you dont pay 6 mil for that.

If he can get 6 million, he hit the jackpot. We can do better, and cheaper.
I hope, for his sake, that he can land 6 million. He's a great guy who speaks to the quality of the scouting this organization has done. I just hope it doesn't come from the Preds. I would agree that he's a great 3-4 guy, especially when paired with a big, physical, defensively-oriented defenseman. I don't think he's a number 2 though unless that number one is a player like Pronger or Chara, someone who can really protect him.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

6 million is silly for any team. 5 million is tolerable if you need an offensive dynamo......

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 07:21 PM
predhead1

I like Kimmo, but I really hope no team pays him $6.0 million. That would set a horrible precedent/comparable for other free agent defensemen, and I would hate to see salaries start spiraling out of control again, especially if it meant we'd have to pay more to sign a #1.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
I like Kimmo, but I really hope no team pays him $6.0 million. That would set a horrible precedent/comparable for other free agent defensemen, and I would hate to see salaries start spiraling out of control again, especially if it meant we'd have to pay more to sign a #1.
The salary cap is supposed to go up next season. Get ready to see some huge contracts.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

David Poile and head coach Barry Trotz

Pretty much the same interviews on News Channel 5+

Old
04-26-2007, 07:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck