Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Going to Calgary

Old
04-27-2007, 04:14 PM
FreshClean

vCash: 500
OT - Going to Calgary

Hey, I'm going to Calgary next weekend to do a little spring boarding in Banff. I'm going Friday-Monday and will likely be going to enjoy the Calgary night life during these evenings. I was planning to catch a Flames game if they were still in the playoffs, but no dice.

So, my question is...as I'm not familiar with Calgary, are there any good dineouts or places of entertainment I could go to? And try to suggest places closer to the airport. Thanks in advance.

FreshClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 04:24 PM
sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshClean View Post
Hey, I'm going to Calgary next weekend to do a little spring boarding in Banff. I'm going Friday-Monday and will likely be going to enjoy the Calgary night life during these evenings. I was planning to catch a Flames game if they were still in the playoffs, but no dice.

So, my question is...as I'm not familiar with Calgary, are there any good dineouts or places of entertainment I could go to? And try to suggest places closer to the airport. Thanks in advance.
Well the majority of the places I could suggest are not near the airport. Most of them are downtown. There is this bar called Aussie Rules that is pretty rad, I would suggest that. As far as restaurants, its a little difficult without knowing a budget, or how high end you want.

sandbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 05:26 PM
DamoTayo*

go to flames central! downtown stephen ave.
if you want to go to a great dining place go to burger king, its very tasty and its right in the airport.

DamoTayo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 06:35 PM
CBanana

Do yourself a favour and get a milkshake from Peter's Drive In on 16th Avenue (Trans-Canada). It's the only place I've seen that offers about 30 flavours of milkshake.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBanana View Post
Do yourself a favour and get a milkshake from Peter's Drive In on 16th Avenue (Trans-Canada). It's the only place I've seen that offers about 30 flavours of milkshake.
Quoted for the truth!

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 06:45 PM
HuMz

What kind of nightlife are you looking for?

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Lon3 Wulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBanana View Post
I'll drive down to Calgary from Edmonton just for those milkshakes. Been going since 1995.... delicious.

Lon3 Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 07:47 PM
sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon3 Wulf View Post
I'll drive down to Calgary from Edmonton just for those milkshakes. Been going since 1995.... delicious.
holy..how much do you weigh? haha jk thats dedication.

Old
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Complacent Iggy

ya go to Peter's for their milkshakes, they're being sued for $500,000 for the food poisoning from their marshmellow milkshakes. It was on the news this week

Complacent Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 09:15 PM
gerbilanium

Aussie Rules? I can't believe that place is recommended. Maybe if you are coming from Rainbow Lake.

Go down to 17th (the Red Mile) and try all the bars, lounges there in a small area. Flames central isn't too far away.

Cowboys is always a sight to see, I hate it but it is interesting to see that many ********** and boobies in such volume and size.

gerbilanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 09:44 PM
sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbilanium View Post
Aussie Rules? I can't believe that place is recommended. Maybe if you are coming from Rainbow Lake.

Go down to 17th (the Red Mile) and try all the bars, lounges there in a small area. Flames central isn't too far away.

Cowboys is always a sight to see, I hate it but it is interesting to see that many ********** and boobies in such volume and size.
Oh please...yeah cowboys, thatll be a great time for someone visiting..unless they're looking for Hepatitis A, B, and C.

Aussie rules is actually a good time, and it's not a gay place....not that theres anything wrong with that..

Old
04-27-2007, 09:55 PM
DamoTayo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbox View Post
Oh please...yeah cowboys, thatll be a great time for someone visiting..unless they're looking for Hepatitis A, B, and C.

Aussie rules is actually a good time, and it's not a gay place....not that theres anything wrong with that..
what?

DamoTayo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 01:12 AM
sandbox

It's from seinfeld....basically saying that there is something wrong with it...but that line covers it..I didn't know if i'd get like an infraction or something without saying that...

The only reason i said it anyways was because the guy before me said something about rainbow lake.

Old
04-28-2007, 01:41 AM
serum114

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbox View Post
It's from seinfeld....basically saying that there is something wrong with it...but that line covers it..I didn't know if i'd get like an infraction or something without saying that...

The only reason i said it anyways was because the guy before me said something about rainbow lake.
Yeah, as in the small town Rainbow Lake... meaning that Aussie Rules is cool only if you're from a small town in his opinion. Not any reference to being gay.

But take things however you'd like...

As for the OP, there are a lot of spots along 17th Ave between 1st and 14th St that can fit pretty much every budget. I'd say take a cab down there, take a stroll, and stop wherever looks good.

If it's a weekend, 17th should be pretty lively too, and most people are fairly friendly and helpful if you let them know you're an out of towner.

Enjoy the city!

serum114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 10:33 AM
FreshClean

Thanks for the input everyone, I'll probably head to the Red Mile and find somethign there than.

I'm liking the Peter's Drive thing. It sounds kinda like those famous In-N-Out burgers in California and LV.

FreshClean is offline   Reply With Quote