HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No Surprise!

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 11:20 AM
disles1

vCash: 500
No Surprise!

The isles are what they are--a .500 hockey team that might sneak into the playoffs as a 8th seed or fall as far as 13th. None of this should come as any surprise to anyone given that the isles have not made any changes since last year. We just don't have the talent these other teams do. We are horrible on the road, on the power play and in goal. Why why why did Snow start today?? He is what he is a good career backup who should only be playing every 5th game. Dipietro might not be the savior but if we are going to go anywhere he is the one to take us there--not Snow. Give the kid a chance. We need some creativity on the power play and top line--how about Weinhandl? Kvasha and Czer do not belong on any top line. MM needs to make some changes--get rid of Hammer and Parrish--before its too late

Old
12-20-2003, 12:06 PM
MJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by disles1
The isles are what they are--a .500 hockey team that might sneak into the playoffs as a 8th seed or fall as far as 13th. None of this should come as any surprise to anyone given that the isles have not made any changes since last year. We just don't have the talent these other teams do. We are horrible on the road, on the power play and in goal. Why why why did Snow start today?? He is what he is a good career backup who should only be playing every 5th game. Dipietro might not be the savior but if we are going to go anywhere he is the one to take us there--not Snow. Give the kid a chance. We need some creativity on the power play and top line--how about Weinhandl? Kvasha and Czer do not belong on any top line. MM needs to make some changes--get rid of Hammer and Parrish--before its too late

I couldn't have said it any better.

Old
12-20-2003, 12:30 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Why why why did Snow start today?? He is what he is a good career backup who should only be playing every 5th game. Dipietro might not be the savior but if we are going to go anywhere he is the one to take us there--not Snow. Give the kid a chance.
Why shouldn't Snow have started today? What games has Rick DiPietro stolen for the Islanders this season? Snow has earned every start he has gotten recently and even though he gave up a weak goal to the Rangers, even Peca said, if it were not for him in the first peirod it could have been 7-0 and he was right. How he played in both Devil games, the Tampa and Atlanta games earned him the right to play.

But he is what he is and sooner or later the mistakes and bad goals start coming. Unfortunately the Isles did not score enough to help him.

Sure he should have stopped Vandemeer's goals and it's frustrating but he did make a lot of other good saves that DiPietro would likely have given up goals based on how he has played. This is not the defining season in Rick DiPietro's career and he is not able to take them anywhere yet and is not stealing games.

When he does he'll earn more starts.

Old
12-20-2003, 12:56 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
I can't fault Sterling for starting Snow based on his past play against the Flyers.

I'd like to see the nyi first line broken up.They've had 30 games together.After a great start,Chow and Kvasha have tailed off offensively.No reason to keep that line together.Give either Asham or Weinhandl some time on the first line.

Old
12-20-2003, 03:27 PM
IslesFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
I can't fault Sterling for starting Snow based on his past play against the Flyers.

I'd like to see the nyi first line broken up.They've had 30 games together.After a great start,Chow and Kvasha have tailed off offensively.No reason to keep that line together.Give either Asham or Weinhandl some time on the first line.
That line hasn't been together. Yashin had combos of Papineau, Asham, Kvasha, Chow on his wing in this game.

Czerkawski has been on the 4th line and only getting spot shifts with Yashin in each game for a while now.

No combination is going to work, and I think that was expected going into this season. You can't recycle guys 4 or 5 times on his line and magically expect something to work.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:33 PM

Quote:
The isles are what they are--a .500 hockey team that might sneak into the playoffs as a 8th seed or fall as far as 13th. None of this should come as any surprise to anyone given that the isles have not made any changes since last year.
I've said the same thing since last summer.

Quote:
Why why why did Snow start today?? He is what he is a good career backup who should only be playing every 5th game. Dipietro might not be the savior but if we are going to go anywhere he is the one to take us there--not Snow. Give the kid a chance.
I had no problem with them starting Snow today. Snow usually plays well in Philly and he was the reason for the recent mini-streak not Dipi. Plus they said Dipi had a touch of the flu. I get very nervous with boy Ricky in the net too as he hasn't stolen any points yet while Snow has. His chance will come in time.

Do you still think the Isles will be over .500 by New Year's Day??

Closed Thread