HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

FLA Proposals

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 01:34 PM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
FLA Proposals

I'd like to hear what you guys are offering for Huselius and Jokinen, and both will not be traded, but I'd like to hear it from another standpoint.

Huselius- one would have to overpay for him big time possibly even a late first round pick. In exchange, we'd want a top defensive prospect (like Koltsov) or preferably a young forward with potential.

Jokinen- our captain and as above, one would have to overpay and send us a 30 goal scoring youngster under 26.

Fire away and remember quality does not equal quantity and they will not be dealt unless they get quality.

WIsh list

Chistov
Havlat
Kirill Koltsov
Frolov
Williams
Ribeiro
Saprykin
Kotalik
Eminger ( probably not going anywhere)

Datsyuk (I wish......he;s not going anywhere whatsoever)'

Who would be availble cause IMO, everyone except Eminger could be had for the right price.

Bryan Murray drafted Huselius and likes him so I;d love to seen Chistov coming back,

Huselius-Conditionnel pick

for
Chistov

A line of Chistov, Weiss, and Bure would be dangerous.

Old
12-17-2003, 05:18 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

why would a gm give up a better player for a lesser player of the same position? i can understand over paying for an all star, or a very good prospect/ high pick, but Huselius is neither. what you propose is almost like having to offer Joe Thorton for Stu Barnes.

Old
12-17-2003, 05:24 PM
spence___

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
I'd like to hear what you guys are offering for Huselius and Jokinen, and both will not be traded, but I'd like to hear it from another standpoint.

Huselius- one would have to overpay for him big time possibly even a late first round pick. In exchange, we'd want a top defensive prospect (like Koltsov) or preferably a young forward with potential.

Jokinen- our captain and as above, one would have to overpay and send us a 30 goal scoring youngster under 26.

Fire away and remember quality does not equal quantity and they will not be dealt unless they get quality.

WIsh list

Chistov
Havlat
Kirill Koltsov
Frolov
Williams
Ribeiro
Saprykin
Kotalik
Eminger ( probably not going anywhere)

Datsyuk (I wish......he;s not going anywhere whatsoever)'

Who would be availble cause IMO, everyone except Eminger could be had for the right price.

Bryan Murray drafted Huselius and likes him so I;d love to seen Chistov coming back,

Huselius-Conditionnel pick

for
Chistov

A line of Chistov, Weiss, and Bure would be dangerous.
Why'd you change your name EvilDreams?

Old
12-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Mizral

Jokinen is one of the few guys in this league I'd love to get my hands on, and would be willing to overpay for certain. Name your price for the Canucks, though keep in mind we're looking to make the playoffs!

Old
12-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Michalek

would Saprykin for Huselius straight would be a fair deal for FLA fans?

Old
12-17-2003, 05:50 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalek
Well, this is interesting...but not exactly fair for FL. Huselius has at least proven to be a consistent 20 goal scorer, even if he's struggling. Saprykin is younger so he has that on his side but I'd want a little something extra coming to FL (nothing over the top...maybe a draft pick or lesser prospect).

Old
12-17-2003, 06:56 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalek
Ouch a proven young player for an underacheivng one doesn't work in my books

Old
12-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Cain

I'd actually rather keep saprykin. He has looked really really good some nights. If he can get it all together I think he'll be a great player.

Old
12-17-2003, 09:44 PM
evildreams

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence___
you see, only a moron thinks huselius plus the ever-ambiguous 'conditional pick' could fetch a former top5 draft pick and highly touted prospect, and i my friend am not a moron. if you were familiar with my commentary, which you are obviously not, you would know that i am not exactly the biggest fan of FLA's collection of young players; i am still a bit miffed about not taking zherdev over horton, considering FLA still take score worth dick, yet zherdev might've been the most lethal weapon of the '03 draft. typical fla fans (rich, tfk, clash, heimy, panthersrule, etc.) gush over fla youngsters, seemingly thinking guys like shvidki will be the next jagr, swearing his wrist shot would be up there with the elites of the nhl, weiss being the next yzerman for sure believing he was too good for the ahl at the beginning of the season and giving me **** b/c i believed he should start in the 'A' (hell, before his demotion i would have cut the little ***** altogether, but of course it was all keenan's fault, right guys?), and jokinen being this great all-around player and exemplary captain who could definitely be productive without kozlov doing all the dirty work (i.e. taking on the double-coverage and still setting up olli; oh yeah, he's nothing without vik), and that huselius is another naslund in the developmental stage all the while glossing over the fact that huselius is a soft ***** who only knows how to sulk and is completely uneffective unless wayne gretzky is feeding him. i support 1 player, juraj kolnik, and they give me ****, but there goes juraj being as effective a panther forward in all aspects of the game since his callup as any forward florida has. you want jokinen? you want huselius? take them. strangely, i think shvidki deserves a callup, as he has displayed offensively in the 'A' that he is worthy of a callup (plus, our production on either wing is so limited it's laughable). i am a critical panther fan, not some ***** fan who takes an ass ****ing from management and smiles preaching 'patience is a virtue' like the others. i do in fact have patience, i'd keep the 'bust' shvidki around longer than the 'proven' huselius. i'm not happy-go-lucky like other panther fans because i do not see progress, and this is not limited to the standings. outside of weiss and jokinen to a very small extent, it seems like everything has stagnated over the past 3 seasons; former top fla prospects like nilson, huselius, novoseltsev, and hagman have not only not progressed but have seemingly regressed, and it is not keenan's fault as every crutch-bearing panthers homer will have you believer. murray and his clan of family members were poor talent assessers IMO, and dudley has been forced into clean-up mode, yet pissed away the offseason acquiring every damned dman on earth, forgetting fla forwards couldn't score if faced with an empty net all night; the lone forward he brings in is probably the only forward prospect who managed to do nothing playing for colorado (exept vrbata, who seems to be picking it up in the tighter east). this franchise is horribly ****ed; they are a laughing-stock locally, management has no pressure to change **** because there is no pressure from the media, are holding off to see what comes of the nhlpa vs. owners battle (and even then there are no promises of improvement), and still bettman lies claiming fla is financially stable yet is begging broward county to refinance the odc because the organization can't afford the rent. that's the end of my rant

Old
12-17-2003, 10:05 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
I wouldn't mind either one on the Canucks, but the Canucks wouldn't really want to part with any important players on their current roster because they are trying to win the stanley cup now. Take you're pick of Chubarov, Sopel, prospects, and picks (keep it reasonable though) for either Jokinen or Huselius.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Huselius- one would have to overpay for him big time possibly even a late first round pick.
Are you suggesting that you would trade Huselius for a mid- to late-1st round pick next summer?

Consider it done, and please get him on the next flight to Long Island.

Old
12-18-2003, 07:19 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
you see, only a moron thinks huselius plus the ever-ambiguous 'conditional pick' could fetch a former top5 draft pick and highly touted prospect
What a hypocrite! At the same time, you are insulting yourself because you would have traded Weiss (A top 5 pick himself in the same year as Chistov) for value far less than Huselius. Hell, you would have traded him for a bag of peanuts. Huselius has a lot of value despite the fact that you despise him.

Old
12-18-2003, 07:32 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Jokinen is not going anywhere, but Huslius is a possibility. He has been a healthy scratch three out of the last five games, and hasnt contributed shyte to the team this season. This is the trade that I want to see happen:

Huselius and a third or fourth round pick

for

Parrish

I am a big Huselius fan, but this team needs a better mixture of grit and finese. We have some gritty players in the minors, but none are NHL ready or proven. Parrish will drive the net, and get the "garbage" goals. I just feel its time to move on and I hope somehow we can get Parrish back into a Panther uniform.

Old
12-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300
Jokinen is not going anywhere, but Huslius is a possibility. He has been a healthy scratch three out of the last five games, and hasnt contributed shyte to the team this season. This is the trade that I want to see happen:

for

Parrish

I am a big Huselius fan, but this team needs a better mixture of grit and finese. We have some gritty players in the minors, but none are NHL ready or proven. Parrish will drive the net, and get the "garbage" goals. I just feel its time to move on and I hope somehow we can get Parrish back into a Panther uniform.

Not going to happen.

The Isles don't need or want any soft one-dimensional wingers. The organization did express some casual interest in Huselius last year, when they were trying to unload Izzy. But, Huselius' stock has plummeted since then. Personally, I don't see him as much fo an upgrade beyond Weinhandl, although he has accomplished more at the current time. I'd rather have picks or prospects than Huselius.

Parrish isn't scoring at his usual pace, but he is still going to get 20 - 25, he is playing solid defense, and working his butt off. He was on the ice for about 20 minutes last night, and was the guy the Isles sent to kill NJ man-advantage in the last minute of the game.

Old
12-18-2003, 07:44 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Are you suggesting that you would trade Huselius for a mid- to late-1st round pick next summer?

Consider it done, and please get him on the next flight to Long Island.

Why? Because the price is right? The price for Chow was nothing and that was still a bad signing. The last thing the Isles need is more softie one-dimensional players.

I'd pass on Huselius. He has Czerakawski written all over him.

Old
12-18-2003, 07:58 AM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300

for

Parrish

Done--the isles get that 1st line winger for Yash!!
Huselius has TANGUAY written all over him
Deal helps both teams--Hunter takes Parrishs spot

Old
12-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by disles1
Done--the isles get that 1st line winger for Yash!!
Huselius has TANGUAY written all over him
Deal helps both teams--Hunter takes Parrishs spot

I completely disagree, although I understand why some Isles fans are down on Parrish. Huselius, to me, is the sort of player that loses games. The Isles problem over the years has been too many Kvasha/Czerkawski/Yashin types - guys with high end skills that lack grit and don't get it done on a regular basis. The Isles are already too soft as it is.

A Huselius - Yashin - Kvasha line is not exactly going to put the fear into oponents.

In all honesty, I prefer your earlier Parrish trade ideas (Parrish for a gritty defender). Isles need a grit upgrade and I think they really miss Wiemer.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 12-18-2003 at 08:05 AM.
Old
12-18-2003, 08:11 AM
H-Bear

I would be willing to give up a package like York + Chimera for Jokinen.

It kills me to say that (York is probably the Oiler's best and most consistent player), but Jokinen would be perfect for the Oilers. Chimera could easily be substituted for Isbuster or a pick.

This is a complete hypothetical though. In real life, I think a deal of this magnitude would not happen.

Old
12-18-2003, 08:17 AM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Marcel Hossa for Kristian Huselius

Old
12-18-2003, 09:00 AM
nikolai19

Wouldn't something along the lines of a Kristian Huselieus for Miro Satan deal work right now considering they both have made the headlines of TSN as far as being on the block? Granted, Florida would probably have to throw in a young defenseman to even out the salary....

Old
12-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Why? Because the price is right? The price for Chow was nothing and that was still a bad signing. The last thing the Isles need is more softie one-dimensional players.

I'd pass on Huselius. He has Czerakawski written all over him.
Let's just say we have different scouting reports on Huselius, Darth, and leave it at that.

Old
12-18-2003, 09:15 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Let's just say we have different scouting reports on Huselius, Darth, and leave it at that.

Fair enough.

Old
12-18-2003, 09:30 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
How's this?

Petr Schastlivy for Huselius.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:34 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence___
PLease don't compare me to ED. Alright?????

Dudley publicly stated that everyone who wants Huselius would have to overpay, probably for the value he was worth after scoring all those goals the year before last. He will command a high price and IMO will not be dealt, but with all those Havlat and Ottawa rumors, I wonder whats happening. Jokinen is like the heart of this team, and he is as valuable to use as any top players are to their teams.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:52 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
you see, only a moron thinks huselius plus the ever-ambiguous 'conditional pick' could fetch a former top5 draft pick and highly touted prospect, and i my friend am not a moron. if you were familiar with my commentary, which you are obviously not, you would know that i am not exactly the biggest fan of FLA's collection of young players; i am still a bit miffed about not taking zherdev over horton, considering FLA still take score worth dick, yet zherdev might've been the most lethal weapon of the '03 draft. typical fla fans (rich, tfk, clash, heimy, panthersrule, etc.) gush over fla youngsters, seemingly thinking guys like shvidki will be the next jagr, swearing his wrist shot would be up there with the elites of the nhl, weiss being the next yzerman for sure believing he was too good for the ahl at the beginning of the season and giving me **** b/c i believed he should start in the 'A' (hell, before his demotion i would have cut the little ***** altogether, but of course it was all keenan's fault, right guys?), and jokinen being this great all-around player and exemplary captain who could definitely be productive without kozlov doing all the dirty work (i.e. taking on the double-coverage and still setting up olli; oh yeah, he's nothing without vik), and that huselius is another naslund in the developmental stage all the while glossing over the fact that huselius is a soft ***** who only knows how to sulk and is completely uneffective unless wayne gretzky is feeding him. i support 1 player, juraj kolnik, and they give me ****, but there goes juraj being as effective a panther forward in all aspects of the game since his callup as any forward florida has. you want jokinen? you want huselius? take them. strangely, i think shvidki deserves a callup, as he has displayed offensively in the 'A' that he is worthy of a callup (plus, our production on either wing is so limited it's laughable). i am a critical panther fan, not some ***** fan who takes an ass ****ing from management and smiles preaching 'patience is a virtue' like the others. i do in fact have patience, i'd keep the 'bust' shvidki around longer than the 'proven' huselius. i'm not happy-go-lucky like other panther fans because i do not see progress, and this is not limited to the standings. outside of weiss and jokinen to a very small extent, it seems like everything has stagnated over the past 3 seasons; former top fla prospects like nilson, huselius, novoseltsev, and hagman have not only not progressed but have seemingly regressed, and it is not keenan's fault as every crutch-bearing panthers homer will have you believer. murray and his clan of family members were poor talent assessers IMO, and dudley has been forced into clean-up mode, yet pissed away the offseason acquiring every damned dman on earth, forgetting fla forwards couldn't score if faced with an empty net all night; the lone forward he brings in is probably the only forward prospect who managed to do nothing playing for colorado (exept vrbata, who seems to be picking it up in the tighter east). this franchise is horribly ****ed; they are a laughing-stock locally, management has no pressure to change **** because there is no pressure from the media, are holding off to see what comes of the nhlpa vs. owners battle (and even then there are no promises of improvement), and still bettman lies claiming fla is financially stable yet is begging broward county to refinance the odc because the organization can't afford the rent. that's the end of my rant
Where the hell did that come from ED? How many times have a belittle Kolnik.....0. Yes, I supported Weiss and he is a valuable player. Yes, I also like Shvidki as much as you like Kolnik, but I'm not the only freakin Shvidki fan on these boards, but he's scoring a lot in the AHL now and would fit better than Nedorost on our top line. Huselius is not going to be traded unless Dudley is overwhelmed by an offer.
A former top five pick and highly touted prospect Chistov is, but Murray loves Kozlov, Jokinen and Huselius and Murray nearly dealt Chistov for Comrie before offering Perry and a first. A highly touted former top 5 pick???????? Weiss was drafted ahead of him and you would've traded Weiss for a bag of pucks last year. I wanted Zherdev over Horton and I wont deny it. Heck, I still want Zherdev over Horton, but I remember how your opinions change fast. You think Shvidki is coming up according to recent posts, yet you belittle him here and call me a moron??? Right after you saw Horton for the first time, I remember you saying that even though you wanted the panthers to draft Zherdev, you thought that drafting Horton was the right move as he was awesome. Now you say that they screwed up by drafting him. Everyone watch, next year, he'll say after Horton ends up with 10 goals at the end of the year, to trade him and how much of a mistake the cats made.
How many times have I ripped you for a freakin proposal on these boards and yes, I think in my head, WTF are you thinking with some of them, yet I don't go around calling everyone a freaking moron just cause of one post. I never rip you and even supported several of your post because I believed Kolnik deserved a chance and he should stick. Geez, we are fortunate at least, that as incompetent Dudley is, as you all say, at least has patience unlike you. From the way our team is now, you would have dumped Jokinen 3 years ago (I would've too), Huselius'd be gone, Weiss would've been gone, Horton would've been gone.

Patience is a virtue or patience is golden, however you want to say it and that's kinda what young players and a young team need to be approached with. Look at Joe Thornton, he score 7 points in his rookie year and sucked. Look at Scott Hartnell. It took Thornton 3 years to develop and you don't give Horton or Weiss more than 3 months before you demand that the panthers have screwed up again.
C'mon man, I really don't like attitudes like this especially when I haven't ever remotely belittled your proposals or critcized you here like most users do. You really start lacking respect from people when you go around doing that. :mad:

Closed Thread