HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

What In The Hell?

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 10:24 PM
SopelFan*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
and so they Jump? Woopitdee Doo

if the Canucks Jumped for Joy after winning a game you'd probably think nothing of it, honestly has leaf bashing been reduced to "OMG Their HAPPY!"
Leaf bashing? I don't care what team it is. I would laugh anyways.

Old
12-20-2003, 10:37 PM
evman150*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Stajan jumps like an girl.
Stajan talks like a girl too.

Old
12-20-2003, 11:51 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
after the game when they go out to tap Eddie/Trevor on the head for a Good Game, well after they tap them on the Head instead of turning around and skatting for the dressing room for about 10 seconds they'll all out there in a big group congratulating each other.

bassicly a Game Over Celebration that lasts a bit longer then others and it involves everyone rather then 3 or 4 guys at a time.
No big deal as long as hockey doesnt let it get like the NFL with the Terrell Owens, Joe Horn ******** after touchdowns.

Old
12-21-2003, 05:36 AM
Takeo

This thread and thread title crack me up!

Old
12-21-2003, 05:51 AM
The Jerk

This streak that the leafs have gone on has been mostly against above-.500 teams, as for Flames fans bashing the leafs, why not take your own advice and wait for the Flames to play a worthy opponent, in case you don't get it , THEY BLOW!! You guys will celebrate if they make it into the playoffs (they haven't in the last, what, 6 years??) they aren't going anywhere, they're simply not very good!!!

Old
12-21-2003, 05:56 AM
TexSen

I haven't seen it, but it seems to me that a group thing is a hell of a lot better than pulling out a cell phone to celebrate.

You win as a team and you lose as a team.

If this is the best us non-Leaf fans can come up with for criticism then some of us might want to choose not to hit that keyboard and instead maybe put more thought into what they are about to post.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:22 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by syc
They beat the Wings and Canucks of the world so I think they can deal with the Flyer's and the Devil's. Not saying the Leafs will beat them but I don't think it would be another 6-0 blowout.
Uhmm when you say that they can deal with the Devils do you mean regular season or playoffs or both? Was hearing the same kind of talk from the some Flyers fans last week before the Devils-Flyers home and home and we saw what happen there. I'm not saying don't be excited about your Leafs, just be careful about claims that haven't been backed up yet.

Old
12-21-2003, 09:16 AM
SopelFan*

I apologize... I didn't think it was a crime to find it funny. Next time I will keep in mind the meaning of it and think of it as a serious matter.

Old
12-21-2003, 09:27 AM
syc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Uhmm when you say that they can deal with the Devils do you mean regular season or playoffs or both? Was hearing the same kind of talk from the some Flyers fans last week before the Devils-Flyers home and home and we saw what happen there. I'm not saying don't be excited about your Leafs, just be careful about claims that haven't been backed up yet.
What claims is that? That the Devils would not blowout the Leafs 6-0?Did the Devils rock the Flyers at that home and home? No either teams could have come away with the wins. What are you trying to say? I What happened when we played last month? Tie and Jersey got a lucky goal with 5 seconds left to tie it up.

Old
12-21-2003, 09:39 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150
That's all good and fine but it still has nothing to do with the leafs looking like a girls volleyball team celebrating like that.
How do they look like a girls volleyball team?

Old
12-21-2003, 09:47 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
How do they look like a girls volleyball team?
Post game celebration all together on the ice.

Old
12-21-2003, 10:00 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by syc
What claims is that? That the Devils would not blowout the Leafs 6-0?Did the Devils rock the Flyers at that home and home? No either teams could have come away with the wins. What are you trying to say? I What happened when we played last month? Tie and Jersey got a lucky goal with 5 seconds left to tie it up.
When you say the Leafs can deal with the Devils I am assuming you mean beat them and in the playoffs too, no? If trying to say play them tough well yeah everybody knows that, the Leafs are going to be a tough team to beat in the playoffs this year. and I'd be shock if the Devils beat the Leafs 6-0 in any kind of game this year. The series with the Flyers while close was netherless impressive based on the fact the Devils were down five starting forwards (Madden, Lagenbrunner, Stevenson, Berglund and Rasmussen), we had to resort to using defensemen Tommy Alblien as a forward and we went 1-0-1.

Anyway if your saying they can play the Devils tough point taken and I agree with, they always have, but if your implying that they can beat in the playoffs based on the early season, I'm just saying don't get ahead of yourself, god knows I did it with the Devs from 1997-99, great regular season, lousy playoffs. Learned the hard way.

Old
12-21-2003, 10:02 AM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
Post game celebration all together on the ice.

Ok. I'd officially rather see the woman's volleyball team do a "group" celebration thing.

Old
12-21-2003, 11:08 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

yeah it's like soccer, they get in a big circle and jump up and down

I guess the leaf-haters can't find anything else to fault them on, so they have to make fun of the victory celebration

Old
12-21-2003, 11:24 AM
Spezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy

I guess the leaf-haters can't find anything else to fault them on, so they have to make fun of the victory celebration
Who the hell does that in soccer? Maybe on the odd ocassion a team will do it if they've actaully won something major. Otherwise it'll be postgame handshakes and the odd hug to close teammates.

Old
12-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Marshall
Too right, man.

You know, it's completely fine to think the celebration is goofy. It doesn't have anything to do with the team, their record, or who it is, at least not to me.

I think it's kinda goofy.

That's it. I don't hate Toronto, I don't have it out for them, and I don't think they suck. I just think the celebration is kinda goofy. No conspiracy. Just kinda goofy.

And women's volleyball teams...niiiiiiiice.

Old
12-21-2003, 12:35 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecca13
Hopefully they don't carry this circle group thing on in the dressing room. As long as it stays on the ice I don't care. Points in 14 straight games you can do what you want I say.
The dressing room? Hell even if they kept it in there I wouldn't be concerned, but if I hear they have taken this circle act into the showers, well then...............

Old
12-21-2003, 02:24 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
You know, it's completely fine to think the celebration is goofy. It doesn't have anything to do with the team, their record, or who it is, at least not to me.

I think it's kinda goofy.

That's it. I don't hate Toronto, I don't have it out for them, and I don't think they suck. I just think the celebration is kinda goofy. No conspiracy. Just kinda goofy.
Ditto here. Not gay just goofy, especially the little jumpy thing at the end.

Old
12-21-2003, 02:24 PM
SopelFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy

Oh yes. That is exactly it. Even though I have stated the opposite many times.

Old
12-21-2003, 04:23 PM
King of Kelvington

Quote:
Stajan jumps like an girl.
nice to see your avatar is morphining into the hotter of the two teams...whats next, ya gonna change your name to Don-o-van-fan...bandwagons fans are so 1990's...

Old
12-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Stephen

I wouldn't jump on the Flames bandwagon so soon. It's made of poop.

Today is officially my Open-Hotility-Towards-Canadian-NHL-Franchises day.

Old
12-21-2003, 04:51 PM
SopelFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCJr
nice to see your avatar is morphining into the hotter of the two teams...whats next, ya gonna change your name to Don-o-van-fan...bandwagons fans are so 1990's...
Uhh... what?

I have always been a Flames and Canucks fan, just more of a Canucks fan. Sorry if it's a crime to like 2 teams. Not sure what your beef is. Sorry you're so bitter that I found this and thought it was kind of cool considering they are my two favourite teams. Much love. Merry Christmas.

Old
12-21-2003, 04:52 PM
King of Kelvington

Quote:
Uhh... what?
Much love. Merry Christmas.

Two big lips right back at-ya. :p

Old
12-21-2003, 04:52 PM
SopelFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I wouldn't jump on the Flames bandwagon so soon. It's made of poop.
Again, if I could add the Habs in here too, I would. Three favourite teams have always been Canucks, Flames, Habs. Don't know why liking more than one team is a crime. Sorry if I shamed your beloved message board cult.

Old
12-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Again, if I could add the Habs in here too, I would. Three favourite teams have always been Canucks, Flames, Habs. Don't know why liking more than one team is a crime. Sorry if I shamed your beloved message board cult.
You could just clip the whale fin and then put an 'H' in the C or change it to Habs colours...

Closed Thread