HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Håkan Andersson

Old
04-30-2007, 05:55 AM
14ari13

vCash: 500
Håkan Andersson

He was in the studio and was giving his opinion before, between the periods and after the game (game 2).

He did not say anything about the Wings prospects. I do not understand Swedish all that well, so I am not sure I understood all he said. The big problem was he speaks very lowly and it makes it even harder as I really can't read lips.

He was asked to comment on Nabokov and his game. Håkon said that he did not remember it all that well as he had read the scout reports on him long time ago. But he did point out that Nabokov's record vs the Wings is not good.

But here is the real thing. Before the game he said the Wings would win 3-2. He was asked before the 3rd period how the Wings would respond (wings down 2-1). He said they would win and the tricky part was that I believe he said Cleary would score the tying goal. He did not say Cleary would score the SH goal. This is if I heard it right.

A very soft speaking man, hard to hear what he says.

There was the phone interview with Z before the game. Z did not say anything special, most what you would expect. Was asked to predict the game score, he would not do that. He promised the Wings would win.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 12:27 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Hakan Andersson is a genius...look at what he's uncovered over time, including Pasha and Henrik. He may be hard to understand when he talks, but his smarts sure do speak volumes.

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
mach777

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
But here is the real thing. Before the game he said the Wings would win 3-2. He was asked before the 3rd period how the Wings would respond (wings down 2-1). He said they would win and the tricky part was that I believe he said Cleary would score the tying goal. He did not say Cleary would score the SH goal. This is if I heard it right.
Haha! Actually as far as I remember, he predicted Cleary would score shorthanded. They were calling him a psychic in the studio afterwards.

He looked VERY relieved that the wings had won.

mach777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 08:44 PM
TheDakkster*

Yeah, he did say that Cleary was going to score 2-2 SH. He also said that he's most satisfied with Homer out of all of his draft picks, because the man was essentially junk when he was drafted and look at him now.

TheDakkster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Coffee and 7's*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDakkster View Post
Yeah, he did say that Cleary was going to score 2-2 SH. He also said that he's most satisfied with Homer out of all of his draft picks, because the man was essentially junk when he was drafted and look at him now.
Look at Lidstrom now... no way he would've thought that Lidstrom was going to win Norris after Norris...

Coffee and 7's* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 08:53 PM
pavel13

Send a message via AIM to pavel13
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pot View Post
Look at Lidstrom now... no way he would've thought that Lidstrom was going to win Norris after Norris...
Maybe

pavel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 03:39 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDakkster View Post
Wow.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 03:07 AM
PTmbp13

Anderssson is a genius! For sure. A smart man.

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Wisent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee and 7's View Post
I am not so sure about that. I met one of the European scouts from Washington who scouted the 89 draft class and he said that at least in Europe that Lids is gonna be the biggest thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately, he said, that they did not really listen to the Euro scouts very much and under the pressure from the American scouts teams rather picked players from there. Funny thing is that he also told the they should pick Fedorov. Well, they picked Kölzig (by no means a bad pick) and the rest is history.

Wisent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 11:24 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira View Post
Hakan Andersson is a genius...look at what he's uncovered over time, including Pasha and Henrik. He may be hard to understand when he talks, but his smarts sure do speak volumes.
Considering all he's done for the team, he's a severely underpaid man

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote