HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booing of Malik

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2007, 10:02 AM
  #226
NYRJurgen88
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Wales
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Constantly??? Where do you get this stuff.....
i have watched alot of games (albeit not from the msg) where i cringe with his passing. its no wonder he gets booed.

Another poster summed it up perfectly earlier - Mugerya @1.58.

Malik is error prone and that includes his passing. Are you telling me he isnt error prone and all of hsi mistakes are fantasy and the booing is completely unfair??

His positioning isnt great either. I actually think he has his uses, but he just doesnt use them consistently enough.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:05 AM
  #227
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
i have watched alot of games (albeit not from the msg) where i cringe with his passing. its no wonder he gets booed.

Another poster summed it up perfectly earlier - Mugerya @1.58.

Malik is error prone and that includes his passing. Are you telling me he isnt error prone and all of hsi mistakes are fantasy and the booing is completely unfair??

His positioning isnt great either. I actually think he has his uses, but he just doesnt use them consistently enough.
Don't go into scouting. Good day sir.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:07 AM
  #228
NYRJurgen88
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Wales
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Don't go into scouting. Good day sir.
i wouldnt want to. good day to you.

though i forgot Malik is a Norris candidate.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 10:59 AM
  #229
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Don't go into scouting. Good day sir.
why do you say that? malik is very error proned.. and his positioning has been terrible (which was his biggest strength before)

and to be quite honest i also made that observation of malik passing the puck up the middle, in front of henrik. it drives me nuts and he does it regularly enough for me to have noticed it.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 11:07 AM
  #230
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
why do you say that? malik is very error proned.. and his positioning has been terrible (which was his biggest strength before)

and to be quite honest i also made that observation of malik passing the puck up the middle, in front of henrik. it drives me nuts and he does it regularly enough for me to have noticed it.
I just dont see the gaffs game in game out that some of you say he commits. I don't think our coaches see it that way either.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
  #231
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
why do you say that? malik is very error proned.. and his positioning has been terrible (which was his biggest strength before)

and to be quite honest i also made that observation of malik passing the puck up the middle, in front of henrik. it drives me nuts and he does it regularly enough for me to have noticed it.
Pronger last season made more errors then Malik. However, Malik is a last man out, while Pronger had Niedermeyer to cover for him. BTW, not passing through the middle is the rule for beginners. Malik is an NHL defenseman, fyi.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 01:35 PM
  #232
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I just dont see the gaffs game in game out that some of you say he commits. I don't think our coaches see it that way either.
I think the coaching staff does see it. You can tell when Renney does his press conferences or when Pellino or Pearn are interviewed during intermission. They won't throw him under the bus and say he's coughing it up, turning it over and being too risky with the puck because they are protecting their player and trying to get the crowd off his back. But what they will do is side step the direct question about a particular play and give some kind of canned comment like "Marek is very solid back there and an important cog to this team. He makes tremendous passes that usually connect and give us good scoring opportunities. That one didn't quite pan out but we are willing to live with that because of all the good things he does".

These debates about Malik go no where because it should be if his risk is greater than his reward, so to speak. But they always disintergrate into debates about facts or hitting. Malik does turn it over. It's more often than many of us like. Malik does make very good outlet passes, even the anti-Malik group has to admit that. Malik does lose his man in the zone, he does get beat with speed. However, Malik is usually in good position and his reach is an asset.

I've played defense in whatever sport I've been involved in. I can appreciate a good defensive game without the flair, scoring or hits. I love Girardi's game. Very steady, hard to beat, great positioning. Does he even have a goal yet? A couple assists in his career? So what, that's not his job. He does his job every night and that is why you'll find more #5 (or even #47) jerseys at the garden than #8.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
  #233
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Pronger last season made more errors then Malik. However, Malik is a last man out, while Pronger had Niedermeyer to cover for him. BTW, not passing through the middle is the rule for beginners. Malik is an NHL defenseman, fyi.
It's a rule for beginners because they don't have the ability yet to read the play and determine if a generally dangerous pass through the middle is appropriate and safe enough considering the positioning of all players in the vacinity. Malik is an NHL defenseman yes, that should imply that he can read plays and measure risk appropriately. Until he can demonstrate that ability on a consistent basis, he should refrain from making those plays. And it's not about 30 safe passes vs 1 bad or 4 goals from that kind of pass vs 1 goal against. It's about playing the game the right way all the time. If you are willing to risk that play at all, chances are you have the confidence or arrogance to try it in any situation, maybe in a one goal game, maybe in the final minute. The problem is that bad habits tend to turn up at inopportune times and that loses games and that championships.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 01:56 PM
  #234
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
It's a rule for beginners because they don't have the ability yet to read the play and determine if a generally dangerous pass through the middle is appropriate and safe enough considering the positioning of all players in the vacinity. Malik is an NHL defenseman yes, that should imply that he can read plays and measure risk appropriately. Until he can demonstrate that ability on a consistent basis, he should refrain from making those plays. And it's not about 30 safe passes vs 1 bad or 4 goals from that kind of pass vs 1 goal against. It's about playing the game the right way all the time. If you are willing to risk that play at all, chances are you have the confidence or arrogance to try it in any situation, maybe in a one goal game, maybe in the final minute. The problem is that bad habits tend to turn up at inopportune times and that loses games and that championships.
Just to add that in contemporary NHL pass down the boards is no longer safe either. So there less and less "playbook" plays for D remains. Good post.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 02:10 PM
  #235
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Pronger last season made more errors then Malik. However, Malik is a last man out, while Pronger had Niedermeyer to cover for him. BTW, not passing through the middle is the rule for beginners. Malik is an NHL defenseman, fyi.
oh please.

a. Pronger is on a totally different level, and please spare me this "he made more errors than malik" BS because i don't care if he's going to put up the production he does and play the game he does, and really its impossible to know.

b. my ASS thats a beginner's rule. you don't pass up the middle when you are behind your freaking net. its left lundqvist having to face a guy all by himself plenty of times. the puck doesn't get cleared, so much can go wrong and has.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
  #236
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
oh please.

a. Pronger is on a totally different level, and please spare me this "he made more errors than malik" BS because i don't care if he's going to put up the production he does and play the game he does, and really its impossible to know.

b. my ASS thats a beginner's rule. you don't pass up the middle when you are behind your freaking net. its left lundqvist having to face a guy all by himself plenty of times. the puck doesn't get cleared, so much can go wrong and has.
a. Your answers are irrelevant to my statement. Level has nothing to do with it, they, however, both play on first pair. I am talking of "coughing the puck" errors. Just count how many times Pronger looses the puck or pass to wrong address per game. It has nothing to do with production.
b. Get educated by reading well written Mugerya post #233..

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 02:34 PM
  #237
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
a. Your answers are irrelevant to my statement. Level has nothing to do with it, they, however, both play on first pair. I am talking of "coughing the puck" errors. Just count how many times Pronger looses the puck or pass to wrong address per game. It has nothing to do with production.
b. Get educated by reading well written Mugerya post #233..
wtf? did you even comprehend what i said about pronger? i am acknowledging his mistakes despite the fact you are pulling ish out of your ass claiming he's made as many or more than malik. to me it doesn't matter since he more than compensates for his mistakes.. where as malik does not so comparing the two is stupid.

i sure as hell don't need to read a post to educate me on hockey.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 02:37 PM
  #238
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
wtf? did you even comprehend what i said about pronger? i am acknowledging his mistakes despite the fact you are pulling ish out of your ass claiming he's made as many or more than malik. to me it doesn't matter since he more than compensates for his mistakes.. where as malik does not so comparing the two is stupid.

i sure as hell don't need to read a post to educate me on hockey.
He logged a ton of minutes last year and we were one of the better defensive teams, your statement is invalid

As much as i love him, its not all Henrik.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 03:14 PM
  #239
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
He logged a ton of minutes last year and we were one of the better defensive teams, your statement is invalid

As much as i love him, its not all Henrik.
simple answers from simple people

all in all henrik is the only answer these people have at this point...

malik isn't great but he isn't awful...he has his moments but so does EVERYBODY!!

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.