HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rivet on the first pairing with Mclaren, and Mclaren saying he's never played with ..

Old
04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

vCash: 500
Rivet on the first pairing with Mclaren, and Mclaren saying he's never played with ..

Such a solid and complete D-man, Ron Wilson called him a tough punishing D-man that makes you pay in both zones.

my question is WHO IS THIS RIVET ???

He's a first pairing guy on a Stanley cup contender with Kyle Mclaren, he pitches in offensively with 8 points in 16 games with the sharks, he can play the point and is never beat one on one !

Heck ... I even heard he's an UFA and is looking for under 4 million

what you guys think ?

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
He's actually playing the same way from what I've seen. He just meshes well with their style of play and team.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 09:32 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
He's actually playing the same way from what I've seen. He just meshes well with their style of play and team.
No way. Rivet's play has improved exponentially since going to San Jose. I guess that's what happens when you're free to play your game without worrying about being benched or having to answer zillions of reporters after the game. He's a more comfortable player and person, and it shows out on the ice.

Over/under on how many posts until Doug Wilson shows up to brag about how much the Sharks rule? I'm saying...7.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
RC51

Ok I like Rivet
but if he is playing like a 5 time allstar why was he no longer playing like that for the Habs.
You listen to his new coach and Rivet is the next coming.

or is it this, we know all about Rivet. The Sharks defence must be very ordinary if they think Rivet is so great.

I guess Markov and Sauray can walk on water.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
Such a solid and complete D-man, Ron Wilson called him a tough punishing D-man that makes you pay in both zones.

my question is WHO IS THIS RIVET ???

He's a first pairing guy on a Stanley cup contender with Kyle Mclaren, he pitches in offensively with 8 points in 16 games with the sharks, he can play the point and is never beat one on one !

Heck ... I even heard he's an UFA and is looking for under 4 million

what you guys think ?
To bad for the Habs. Must be the coaching staff

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
No way. Rivet's play has improved exponentially since going to San Jose. I guess that's what happens when you're free to play your game without worrying about being benched or having to answer zillions of reporters after the game. He's a more comfortable player and person, and it shows out on the ice.

Over/under on how many posts until Doug Wilson shows up to brag about how much the Sharks rule? I'm saying...7.
I don't know, he's not doing anything that I've not seen of him with the Habs. I think we've all seen him make some nice plays on the Habs plenty of times in his career here, including on the pp. It just seems like he's a lot more consistent and calm. I guess it is something that comes with being comfortable in his situation.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Rivet has always been money in the playoffs. But every years, people forget it as soon as the playoffs end.

I for one is glad that San Jose got a good return for the young D and the pick they gave us. Everyone is happy.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 09:52 PM
GoHabs20

I want to punch my tv everytime I see McLaren

..and i do not care what he has to say...esp. about Rivet.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Rockomax

He's a completely different d-man from what he has shown here during the last campaign. He was always beaten one on one, wasn't that good offensively (especially because he was always shooting in the opponent's skate) and made no one pay in none of the three zone. I believe he just needed to change of place, and even with his recent play, I don't want him back here (even if asking under 4M$, I'd sign him not more than 2M$) because we can't risk to see the old Rivet if he came back here.

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 10:42 PM
HabuseMoi

Rivet was bad when he was here, we got a 1st pick for him, so what if he's good for some team in the west... good for them, I don't care.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Evil Ted

Hes playing well because the team has given some confidence in him and hes been welcomed by everyone in sj coach, players, media and fans.

I want him back next season, he will be realitively cheap ufa defenceman that could replace Souray. Unfortunatley that bridge was burned a long time ago.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 10:46 PM
brownman*

Considering the unease in the dressing room after Christmas the Habs should probably pursue Rivet as he is known as a good leader; the kind of guy who would mesh really well with Carbs and act as a stabilizing force in the room.

I'd give him $3 million per for 3 years.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Teufelsdreck

I think the fans here were on his case, although it wasn't as bad as what they did to Brisebois. Traverse was the butt of many a joke, but he deserved it. He was hopeless.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Habsfan18

Rivet is playing very well for SJ. I'm happy for him.

But with that being said..I wouldn't want him back on the Habs. Well for under 2 million I'd take him..

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Rivet is playing very well for SJ. I'm happy for him.

But with that being said..I wouldn't want him back on the Habs. Well for under 2 million I'd take him..
Would you rather have Niininaa for under 2 million?

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Le Maroons

Rivet played for the Habs for over 10 years. Today, you are surprised to hear that he is a good player!? Get over it, wake up, he was a good player with us for ages.

It's a shame he had to go as I thought he was a hab for life. As far as I'm concerned now, those don't exist anymore.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 11:26 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
san jose shark make craig rivet look good..not the opposite

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 11:26 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

- San Jose has a much better coach
- San Jose has a much better system
- San Jose has better players for him to play with
- San Jose makes much better use of his big right handed shot, which is hard and acurate. It boggles the mind that it was not effectively used in Montreal. A right handed shot like his is money on the PP and in HUGE demand throughout the league.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 11:29 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

******** yeah !

Rivet just realised that he was a free agent , and that because he was playing like a crap and was benched in Montreal , that he needs to move his ass, if he wants to get a new contract with big money .

Rivet shows us by his play with San Jose , that he was just giving 50 % of effort with the Habs . I am waiting to see how he will do next year , once he will have his new contract .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
******** yeah !

Rivet just realised that he was a free agent , and that because he was playing like a crap and was benched in Montreal , that he needs to move his ass, if he wants to get a new contract with big money .

Rivet shows us by his play with San Jose , that he was just giving 50 % of effort with the Habs . I am waiting to see how he will do next year , once he will have his new contract .
Hopefully he will go somewhere he is appreciated and used properly.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 05:10 AM
Rockomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Considering the unease in the dressing room after Christmas the Habs should probably pursue Rivet as he is known as a good leader; the kind of guy who would mesh really well with Carbs and act as a stabilizing force in the room.

I'd give him $3 million per for 3 years.
That's not what we have seen this season...And Rivet was aweful during the 2006-2007 season here, in my opinion, he hasn't proven anything yet with San Jose, well he hasn't proven anything worth 3 million $ if you look at his poor play here. It's easy to forget his play here since he hasn't played with the habs for a little while now, but if he hadn't been traded, I don't see how you could say this guy is worth 3M$

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 05:17 AM
GoodKiwi

Happy for Craig. He did not deserve to end his career on a crappy team like ours. You go Craig! Show 'em!

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 06:09 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Sounds lke Pierre McGuire's formula for getting Alexei Kovalev's game back.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 06:28 AM
Jarmusch

You know what... It looks like hockey's a team game...
When your team is good, I have some reasons to believe that you will look better on the ice.

I've read an article who was saying that Rivet and Robiero could have made "the difference"
I mean c'mon...
But ! In another hand, I have to admit that there is something very wrong going out with the habs... its been like that for more than 10 years... and whoever's coming to play with us don't produced...
Seriously, how many players have have just killed there carrier with a try out in Mtl ? Guys who were supposed to be good, not superstar but good players, Berezin, Czerkawski, Thibault, and now lets see what will happen with Samsonov...
And how many players were unable to devlopped there skills in mtl? and once traded, they getting well ?

Jeez, I love this team, but its getting me sick... And this organization just remind me the Expo's one... it's going nowhere but down...

And by the way, I was one of those who were denying the fact that others players did not want to play in Mtl... but now, with the Jarg declaration, its a fact that every"**********'bodies know in the league know what's going on down here. And then I don't see why a players would want to play in that kind of karma...

see ya

Jarmusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 07:32 AM
GoHabs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
san jose shark make craig rivet look good..not the opposite
Exactly!

put Rivet on a bad team like the Capitals and he would still be the same (bad) Rivet he was here.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote