HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Reasoner/Pisani Injuries

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 07:00 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Reasoner/Pisani Injuries

Reasoner: Has there been any update on Reasoner since yesterday's update. Any idea how long he'll still be out. The Oilers really miss Reasoner. TSN mentioned it as well. Do you think Reasoner may need additional surgery since there's fluid buildup every time he tries skating.

Pisani: Has there been any update on how long Pisani will be out. Man, can't this team get healthy. They were fine for the first 7 games and then they get one injury and can't seem to get healthy.

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A HEALTHY OILERS TEAM!!!!

Old
12-20-2003, 09:38 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I asked Marty after the game tonight if he knows when he expects to be back. He said "Not yet, no idea". I believe he went for an MRI recently, (not fact for sure) so that sounds bad to me. Maybe it was for precautionary reasons only?

No news on Fernando Pisani although I did see him walking around. No one was really in a talkative mood after tonight's game as you can imagine.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:46 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
I asked Marty after the game tonight if he knows when he expects to be back. He said "Not yet, no idea". I believe he went for an MRI recently, (not fact for sure) so that sounds bad to me. Maybe it was for precautionary reasons only?

No news on Fernando Pisani although I did see him walking around. No one was really in a talkative mood after tonight's game as you can imagine.
Did Pisani get injured in the Anaheim game or is it a lingering injury that happened prior to the Anaheim game?

Old
12-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Pretty sure it happened in Anaheim but don't quote me on that.

Old
12-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Pretty sure it happened in Anaheim but don't quote me on that.
Well, the reason I asked was because I read on another messageboard that Pisani has been playing with the injury for a couple of weeks. Did anyone get injured in the game? In today's Edmonton sun there was this on notes:

LATE HITS: Tommy Salo's back seized up while he was sitting on the bench so he spent the final two periods in the dressing room.

How serious is Salo's injury? Is there a chance Valiquette could be called up and Salo put on IR?

Is Reasoner's injury more serious than the Oilers originally thought?

When Savard was injured on November 2, 2003 against SJ in ATL, he had ankle surgery to repair tendons in his ankle and the diagnosis was he'd be out 8-10 weeks but returned in 3 weeks.

When Reasoner was originally injured on November 8, 2003 against Toronto in Toronto, he fractured his left ankle and tore cartilage in his right knee. The original diagnosis was 3 weeks to a month. Reasoner has now been out 6 weeks.

Both Savard and Reasoner got injured racing for the puck to avoid an icing call.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:56 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
How serious is Salo's injury? Is there a chance Valiquette could be called up and Salo put on IR?

Is Reasoner's injury more serious than the Oilers originally thought?
You got me on the Salo one... I didn't know about that one. I know his pride is listed as day-to-day though as you would expect when a starter appears to have lost his job.

Reasoner's has turned out to be more serious than the team originally thought for sure. he was supposed to miss 3 weeks and it's been 5 already.

I'm not a doctor and didn't speak to the trainers so it would be inappropriate for me to comment to much more on that.

I can say that there were 9 players getting treated after the Vancouver game for various bangs and wounds. (No I can't list who, Bill Tuele told us there were 9 guys).

Old
12-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

And Savard's injury was less serious than the team originally thought. He was also injured during a race for the puck to avoid an icing. What do you think about the "No Touch Icing"? Reasoner is the second player in three years to be injured by racing for the puck to avoid an icing.

I read somewhere that a fan sitting 6 rows up from the players bench and seen Salo leave and he seemed in pain.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
*snip*

I can say that there were 9 players getting treated after the Vancouver game for various bangs and wounds. (No I can't list who, Bill Tuele told us there were 9 guys).
WOW! 9 players getting treated after the game against Vancouver for various bangs and wounds. That's a lot. Was the game that physical? Anything that could keep these guys out.

Old
12-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Quote:
WOW! 9 players getting treated after the game against Vancouver for various bangs and wounds. That's a lot. Was the game that physical? Anything that could keep these guys out.
I am not aware of any injuries sustained in that game that would mena someone sits out. I know Oates had a finger problem, I think it was York who was getting an ankle looked at because of a slash... nothing too serious but stuff needing ice packs and bandages.

it was a physical game. I think Jason Smith had a great game against Todd Bertuzzi all night and I know I'd be awfully stiff and sore after that. (OK, hell, I'D be DEAD but you get my point).

Old
12-22-2003, 02:37 AM
Allan

Quote:
And Savard's injury was less serious than the team originally thought. He was also injured during a race for the puck to avoid an icing. What do you think about the "No Touch Icing"? Reasoner is the second player in three years to be injured by racing for the puck to avoid an icing.
To clarify, that's just the Oilers. There have been several just this season league-wide, and it will continue until they fix this ridiculous rule.

Old
12-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
To clarify, that's just the Oilers. There have been several just this season league-wide, and it will continue until they fix this ridiculous rule.
Yeah. I just wrote something in "Letters to the Editor" to Hockey News and hopefully it'll be posted on line titled "No Touch Icing". I basically covered both the injuries to Savard and Reasoner. There have actually been players that had career-ending injuries because as the result of racing for the puck to avoid an icing call. Where is Bob Goodenow with all this injuries resulting in the race for the puck to avoid an icing. Is a serious injury really worth it just to avoid an icing call. I don't think so.

An example I'll use is that November 8, 2003 game between the Oilers and Leafs. Marchment and Reasoner both raced for the puck to avoid an icing call. Reasoner was seriously injured as we all know. What if Marchment also was seriously injured because of that call. It could have happeend. The race for the puck to avoid icing has to be stopped as it's a stupid rule.

Closed Thread