HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LMHF Game Report #18-deeper we go....

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 09:46 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
LMHF Game Report #18-deeper we go....

Yet another lackluster effort tonight left me weary and in need of Pizza. The food was excellent but could not quell the bitter taste in the back of my throat that was the result of nearly vomiting at the pathetic lack of a hockey game provided by our squad tonight. Graphic, yes, but making a point about how bad this is right now? You'd better believe it.

Utter disdain is the only thought that comes to my mind thinking of this organization right now. And tonight I'll start it off with some "I feel sorry for"s

I feel sorry for Marc-Andre Bergeron- The only skater that really looked like he knew what he was doing, and in fact, had to resort to attempting it himself tonight. It's really sad when your team is so bad that a guy your coach feels has to sit 5 nights in a row is attempting to go coast-to-coast because there are no open forwards and he's the only one who seems to care.

I feel sorry for Ales Hemsky- If you're watching live, you can see how frustrating things are for him right now. Passes that go in the right place with players who bobble them, or having no one at all. Maybe one day they'll have someone you can give it to consistently, knowing they'll be where they're supposed to, and will finish off the gimme. Smash that stick harder after you get off the ice Ales, maybe a piece will break off and impale our sorry excuse for a coach.

I feel SO sorry for Ty Conklin- Conks, you are playing just excellent, you deserve a team that can actually score and won't get frustrated and careless with ONE-GOAL DEFECITS. Watching everyone quit after two missed chances while your coach humms, then hawwws, then sends out a no-forecheck plan and double-shifts his 4th line all night must be so incredibly frustrating.

I feel sorry for Alex Semenov- Your mismanagement due to your coach's infatuation with one #32 has resulted in you taking a step back instead of a step forward this year. Don't let him destroy your game.

I feel kinda sorry for Radek Dvorak- So close to being a 35-goal scoring consistent threat, yet so far away. And no help with an offensive system that would use your abilities.

I kinda feel sorry for Raffi Torres- You shouldn't have to carry so much weight on this team. You should be able to be the 3rd line winger who drives people nuts and is a decent scoring threat, not a guy that Ryan Smyth and Mike York need to score to make them look good.

I feel sorry for Marty Reasoner- This was gonna be your year.

And lastly, I feel sorry for everyone who has paid to watch this joke of a display currently masquerading as Oilers hockey.

---------------------------------------

I don't feel sorry for Scott Ferguson- Can't keep up anymore, and you make lazy decisions instead of smart ones.

I don't feel sorry for Eric Brewer- You're flat-out slacking.

I don't feel sorry for Georges Laraque- What happened to you? Because the special player we used to all love is gone.

I don't feel sorry for Brad Isbister- You are an over-paid under-achieving joke of a power forward who wouldn't drive the net if his life depended on it.

I don't feel sorry for Adam Oates- You look like an old man playing out the string.

I don't feel sorry for Ryan Smyth- You are supposed to be our leader, you are supposed to be scoring, you're supposed to be winning battles and banging in junk. You're doing none of that.
---------------------------------------------

I won't make comments on the forwards tonight, they essentially all stunk. Giving up after missing two scoring chances, while not knowing where to go either because there's no system in place, and having a rookie defenceman doing all the puck-carrying because you're so afraid of the big bad defence that you just flat-out won't, is disgraceful.

As for the defence:

Cross and Semenov had a pretty bad night. Not a normal performance, might be time to break em up. Semenov's better with Brew anyway.

Stevey was not Stevey again. Looked very shaky tonight. Anyone know if anything's wrong or is he just so angry about the way things are going he's lost focus?

MAB was the only guy going in the 3rd. He does his job well, and brings consistent effort. Woulda had a nice goal had the shot not caught an errant stick.

Eric Brewer is slacking.

Jason Smith, though his usual tough self, didn't do alot.

Goaltending:

Ty....Ty......hung out to dry............no lead to protect..........and horrendus turn-overs in the net.
You deserve a much better record, and were just fine tonight. If the team actually plays for you, you win that game 3-1.

-----------------------------

What can I say that I haven't already said? This is just plain FUGLY right now, and usually there's a note of comedy behind that word, but not right now, because I'm just disgusted. I've had guests for the last two games, and I don't think either will come again this year because they're both so disgusted at the play of this joke of a team.

Our players are lost, you can see it. MacT SHOULD be done. He teaches them nothing, he doesn't motivate them, he can't calm them down or bring them back, he has no systems, he doesn't care that they're losing, he doesn't have a winning attitude, he can't form lines, he can't put together a consistent lineup, he can't he can't he can't coach this team!

We're getting pushed around and yapped at by freaking Canuck fans in our own building. Even the Canuck players think it's okay to skate out for the 3 stars! Seriously, what is that?!?!?! This team has gotten so bad that we have to take flak in our own barn. Start booing already people, make some noise. We cannot take THIS excuse for a hockey team sitting down. I'd really like to see, if we have another stinker, all 16,000 or so people walk out with 10 to go in the 3rd, just to make a statement. I know it won't happen, but I think it's about all we could do that would actually make a point. Thankfully the SHOOT idiots are slowly dying off.......but that's about it for positives.

Nostalgic moment for a sec...........remember when we beat Colorado 6-3? That night not a team in the league would have beaten us, and we were proud of a team that had every opportunity to fold and didn't. We would've lost that game in past years they said.......things are different they said.......this is how we play hockey now they said..............

Turns out they were wrong.

My Edmonton Oilers are currently one of the worst teams in the league, and they honestly suck...............a depressed LMHF#1 is out........

I again nominate myself to coach this team. A 19-year-old boy with a love for hockey and plenty of knowledge and fresh ideas could do a better job than what we've got going. Wait til this guy we have runs more players out of town, because that's what coming next........

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 12-20-2003 at 10:29 PM.
Old
12-20-2003, 09:55 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

i know how you feel. this team stinks, i mean they are outright stinking out the joint. honestly i have already started switching channels so i can avoid throwing items at the screen. it made me sick to my stomach to see canucks players come out for the three star selections, for shame. our beloved organization has become a complete joke.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:57 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
i know how you feel. this team stinks, i mean they are outright stinking out the joint. honestly i have already started switching channels so i can avoid throwing items at the screen. it made me sick to my stomach to see canucks players come out for the three star selections, for shame. our beloved organization has become a complete joke.
Garbage like that is why we should be able to literally pelt the ice. They're just walking all over us. And it shouldn't be us who has to complain, the players should be taking exception to things like that.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:58 PM
woody

[QUOTE=LoudmouthHemskyfan#1]I feel kinda sorry for Radek Dvorak- So close to being a 35-goal scoring consistent threat, yet so far away. And no help with an offensive system that would use your abilities.

I must be missing something here. Dvorak plays 17 to 18 minutes per game, plays the powerplay, is allowed to play in a more open style and also plays on the top two lines. How can you blame the coaches for his poor production? You really got me on that one.

Last edited by woody: 12-20-2003 at 10:07 PM.
Old
12-20-2003, 10:00 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
I must be missing thing here. Dvorak plays 17 to 18 minutes per game, plays the powerplay is allowed to play in a more open style of play and also played in the top two lines. How can you blame the coaches for his poor production? You really got me on that one.
They don't use him properly. He has to drive the net himself or score from the sideboards when that entire line should be dedicated to getting him set-up on cross-ice one-timers and bang-bang plays. Guys like Radek Dvorak don't lead rushes and power past defenceman, they pound in goals.

Old
12-20-2003, 10:04 PM
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
They don't use him properly. He has to drive the net himself or score from the sideboards when that entire line should be dedicated to getting him set-up on cross-ice one-timers and bang-bang plays. Guys like Radek Dvorak don't lead rushes and power past defenceman, they pound in goals.
I respect your opinion but my thoughts on Dvorak is that his best asset is his staking and he should be the one carrying the puck and breaking down the defense not setting up for the one-timers in the slot.

Old
12-20-2003, 10:08 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

just say adios to this guy..... he's not getting it done anymore

Old
12-20-2003, 10:09 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
I respect your opinion but my thoughts on Dvorak is that his best asset is his staking and he should be the one carrying the puck and breaking down the defense not setting up for the one-timers in the slot.
I think you're misreading me a little. That speed should be used to burst into openings and be the wide-open guy on rushes. Big and fast hockey players need that kind of role. Look at Peter Bondra's and, the lesser ones like Freddy Modin's. That's the kind of guy Dvorak could be. He's got this massive shot that never gets used, and skills that just aren't taken advantage of. Oates to Dvorak scores should be a common sound, but it isn't and it isn't set up that way either. You've got Dvorak burning down the wing, trying to pass to a coasting Oates who's behind the play and doesn't finish for a living anyway.

Old
12-20-2003, 10:10 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

who cares about the one player. the reality is the whole team stinks, i was embarrassed to be an oilers fan tonight, i guess consistent lackluster efforts, putrid special teams and overall boring remarks by mact are the norm for now.

Old
12-20-2003, 10:12 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
who cares about the one player. the reality is the whole team stinks, i was embarrassed to be an oilers fan tonight, i guess consistent lackluster efforts, putrid special teams and overall boring remarks by mact are the norm for now.
I didn't catch the post-game, I can imagine what it was, but what did he come up with today?

Lots of humming and hawwwing and something to do with effort and defence no doubt?

Old
12-20-2003, 10:15 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

exactly and that is the whole point, this team is getting used to losing.

Old
12-20-2003, 10:17 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

hey at least there are positives the one piece sticks must be the problem.

Old
12-20-2003, 10:21 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
hey at least there are positives the one piece sticks must be the problem.
I almost forgot to mention, we killed off all the penalties tonight.

One less excuse to blame.

WE CANNOT SCORE.

WE CANNOT GENERATE SCORING CHANCES.

WE ARE MISSING ANY GIMMES WE GET (Lookin at you 3 times tonight Ryan, and Oates' miss was just terrible).

WE AREN'T PLAYING GREAT DEFENCE, BUT IT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH.

Old
12-21-2003, 10:07 AM
hockeyaddict101

Disagree about Conklin

Hey Salo doesn't get any slack so our new no. 1 gets no slack either.

That first goal was terrible, Naslund wasn't at a good angle and the puck goes through the five hole. It was the first good chance and the Canucks get an easy one.

If Salo is in the net, Hemsky you would be the first one complaining about that goal.

If Conklin wants to be NO. 1 one he has to make those types of saves. Both goalies have been left to dry this season but Salo NEVER gets that excuse from you and he is not 100% healthy.

Old
12-21-2003, 10:29 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44

That first goal was terrible, Naslund wasn't at a good angle and the puck goes through the five hole. It was the first good chance and the Canucks get an easy one.

If Salo is in the net, Hemsky you would be the first one complaining about that goal.

If Conklin wants to be NO. 1 one he has to make those types of saves. Both goalies have been left to dry this season but Salo NEVER gets that excuse from you and he is not 100% healthy.
Here's a small writeup in notes from last night's game concerning Salo.

LATE HITS: Tommy Salo's back seized up while he was sitting on the bench so he spent the final two periods in the dressing room.

12-21-2003, 10:36 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:

He wasn't great tonight, but he was good enough for that team to win. I complained about the goal at the time, but did it really matter? Salo woulda jumped behind the net and screamed "Don't hurt me Markus!" anyway..........

I don't lambaste Salo when the team can't score either.

Would you quit whining about this issue. Do I even need to pull an Igor and bring out the numbers for you??? Jeez.

Old
12-21-2003, 10:36 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Here's a small writeup in notes from last night's game concerning Salo.

LATE HITS: Tommy Salo's back seized up while he was sitting on the bench so he spent the final two periods in the dressing room.
Yeah I know that is why I mentioned that he is not healthy which could explain a lot in reference to his whole season and the fact that Conklin is now number 1.

Old
12-21-2003, 10:38 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
He wasn't great tonight, but he was good enough for that team to win. I complained about the goal at the time, but did it really matter? Salo woulda jumped behind the net and screamed "Don't hurt me Markus!" anyway..........

I don't lambaste Salo when the team can't score either.

Would you quit whining about this issue. Do I even need to pull an Igor and bring out the numbers for you??? Jeez.
No but Salo isn't healthy is he? Or does that not matter to you?

I am quite aware of the numbers, did I say he has played well????

I am just saying you would have been all over Salo for that first goal but you called them "excuses" when people defended Salo because of the breakdowns.

Now you are making those same "excuses" for Conklin. Just noting an inconsistency.

Last edited by hockeyaddict101: 12-21-2003 at 10:42 AM.
Old
12-21-2003, 10:41 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Yeah I know that is why I mentioned that he is not healthy which could explain a lot in reference to his whole season and the fact that Conklin is now number 1.
Is this latest injury of Salo's serious enough to land him on IR?

Old
12-21-2003, 10:47 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
No but Salo isn't healthy is he? Or does that not matter to you?

I am quite aware of the numbers, did I say he has played well????

I am just saying you would have been all over Salo for that first goal but you made all sorts of "excuses" as you called them when people defended Salo because of the breakdowns.

Now you are making those same "excuses" for Conklin. Just noting an inconsistency.
You're making assumptions, not a smart thing.

And no frankly if Salo is worse than Conklin it doesn't matter if the reason is health or not, I'm still gonna dog him. He's supposed to be a top-15 NHL starting goalie, and for 2 years he's been about a #28. That's sickening, and he hasn't shown any improvement.

Why would I have complained about that first goal? The team didn't exactly do anything to give me a reason to think they would have scored one, much less two. Sure it wasn't a great goal, but it's not like he gave up two point-shot goals against lesser LA Kings players, this was a Naslund snapper.

2nd and 3rd goal I never could have criticized any goalie for, those were just a joke. What is Stevey doing laying on his face in the slot while JARKO RUTTU makes him look stupid??? Are you kidding me?? Nice pass on that one btw Jason.........you hit Ruttu's tape bang on buddy.

Ty was okay last night. He did enough. He makes the easy saves, and doesn't allow goals right after our goals. That is why he will not get dogged in here at this time.

Old
12-21-2003, 10:53 AM
hockeyaddict101

I am not making assumptions

Quote:
You're making assumptions, not a smart thing.

And no frankly if Salo is worse than Conklin it doesn't matter if the reason is health or not, I'm still gonna dog him. He's supposed to be a top-15 NHL starting goalie, and for 2 years he's been about a #28. That's sickening, and he hasn't shown any improvement.

Why would I have complained about that first goal? The team didn't exactly do anything to give me a reason to think they would have scored one, much less two. Sure it wasn't a great goal, but it's not like he gave up two point-shot goals against lesser LA Kings players, this was a Naslund snapper.

2nd and 3rd goal I never could have criticized any goalie for, those were just a joke. What is Stevey doing laying on his face in the slot while JARKO RUTTU makes him look stupid??? Are you kidding me?? Nice pass on that one btw Jason.........you hit Ruttu's tape bang on buddy.

Ty was okay last night. He did enough. He makes the easy saves, and doesn't allow goals right after our goals. That is why he will not get dogged in here at this time.
You and I had quite a discussion one time about the defence in front of Salo and you said I was making "excuses" for Salo.

Both goalies have been left to dry on numerous occasions but that "excuse" should be the same for both goalies on any night because our defence is rotton.

I am not defending Salo, he has been terrible, but the defence is the same for both goalies.

Conklin was ok last night but IMO he wasn't great.

Old
12-21-2003, 11:05 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Conklin was ok last night but IMO he wasn't great.
And that's what I said.

The difference between the two goalies are the types of goals they allow, and when they allow them. Not to mention, Conklin just flat-out stops more.

Old
12-21-2003, 11:10 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
And that's what I said.

The difference between the two goalies are the types of goals they allow, and when they allow them. Not to mention, Conklin just flat-out stops more.
Yes but last night he didn't stop that first one which deflated the Oilers confidence. Not that this takes a lot these days.

But I am not convinced that Conklin is the goalie to take us to the promissed land either.

He lets out some questionable rebounds and does let in some bad goals he just doesn't get roasted as often. Obviously Salo shouldn't be given the same slack as Conklin but I am not convinced yet that Conklin is ready to be number one either.

Old
12-21-2003, 11:15 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Yes but last night he didn't stop that first one which deflated the Oilers confidence. Not that this takes a lot these days.

But I am not convinced that Conklin is the goalie to take us to the promissed land either.

He lets out some questionable rebounds and does let in some bad goals he just doesn't get roasted as often. Obviously Salo shouldn't be given the same slack as Conklin but I am not convinced yet that Conklin is ready to be number one either.
Conklin isn't a #1, but he's ready to be a tandem-guy. And he does enough to win.

Last night, the Oilers quit after missing their easy scoring chances, after that it was over.

Old
12-21-2003, 11:25 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Conklin isn't a #1, but he's ready to be a tandem-guy. And he does enough to win.

Last night, the Oilers quit after missing their easy scoring chances, after that it was over.
I thought it was over when Naslund scored the goal but hey we both aren't going to agree on that one.

I think Conklin will grow into a number one goalie but he isn't there and Salo isn't healthly enough to help him but who is going to trade for an injured goalie that hasn't been good for two years anyway. So IMO we are stuck with the situation we have.

Closed Thread