HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Lowe on TEAM 1260 Monday!

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 11:07 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Kevin Lowe on TEAM 1260 Monday!

Bryn Griffiths asked me to pass the message on to everybody here.

Kevin Lowe will be on the TEAM 1260 AM radio Monday Dec. 22 from 5-6 PM with Bob Stauffer & Mark Spector... and he WILL BE TAKING YOUR CALLS!

That's right. Taking YOUR calls! All you have to do is call in. 426-TEAM, that's 426-8326.

(Gee I hope I got those phone numbers right... someone PM me if I didn't so I can edit this post!)

Old
12-21-2003, 01:28 AM
feff

vCash: 350
Send a message via Yahoo to feff
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Bryn Griffiths asked me to pass the message on to everybody here.

Kevin Lowe will be on the TEAM 1260 AM radio Monday Dec. 22 from 5-6 PM with Bob Stauffer & Mark Spector... and he WILL BE TAKING YOUR CALLS!

That's right. Taking YOUR calls! All you have to do is call in. 426-TEAM, that's 426-8326.

(Gee I hope I got those phone numbers right... someone PM me if I didn't so I can edit this post!)
http://www.captioncity.com/referal.php?picture=badsanta3&text=ebg13Pbzr+trg+l bhe+X-Yb+Xbccre+Xbby-Nvq+yvir+ba+gur+enqvb

Old
12-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Beats me what the above post was all about but I thought this notice should be...

BUMPED!

because it's important.

Old
12-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Rooks Oilers

Keep us boys out east here updated to what he has to say! Is there a link for the that radio station? Thanks

Rooks Oilers

Old
12-22-2003, 08:28 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

they are not online as of yet.

Old
12-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Tell you what Oiler fans...

I had lunch with Bob Stauffer today and all I can say is DO NOT MISS HIS SHOW TODAY! starting at 5 o'clock he'll have K-Lowe on and Bob and Mark (who for sure do not kowtow to anyone) are going to be asking the tough questions, floating some interesting theories and also taking your calls.

If you can only listen to one radio show all day... don't miss this one. AM 1260 in the Edmonton area. It's too bad they don't have an internet feed but maybe someone will record it and transcribe it for you fans out side of the range. (I would but I can't do it today)

Old
12-22-2003, 02:07 PM
metallicat

He is on right now folks.

Old
12-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Lowe just said Murray admitted a couple of times in other conversations between the two that the Comrie deal wasn't finalized.

Old
12-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
What else?

I'm at work and cannot listen to the feed

Old
12-22-2003, 02:27 PM
metallicat

He is pissed off at the media for blowing the asking Comrie for money situation out of proportion.

Old
12-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
What else?

I'm at work and cannot listen to the feed
Lowe said he wasn't happy with how the media handled the $2.535 million request because they accused him of extortion and that the Oilers were trying to stick it to Mike, when that wasn't the case.

Old
12-22-2003, 02:28 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat
He is pissed off at the media for blowing the asking Comrie for money situation out of proportion.
Beat me to it. :p

Old
12-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Oilers Ent

Sounds like the HNIC conversation... any other insights we don't already know? GuyF gave me goosebumps earlier with his declaration that we MUST listen to this.

Old
12-22-2003, 02:35 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Lowe says MacTavish is the right guy to coach this team and that there are 100 questions that would be answered ahead of one about the possibility of MacT being fired. He also said that if Craig wasn't the head coach of the Oilers, twenty other teams would be talking to him.

Kevin is taking phone calls now.

Last edited by Vomiting Kermit*: 12-22-2003 at 02:41 PM.
Old
12-22-2003, 03:03 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by York16
Lowe says MacTavish is the right guy to coach this team and that there are 100 questions that would be answered ahead of one about the possibility of MacT being fired. He also said that if Craig wasn't the head coach of the Oilers, twenty other teams would be talking to him.

Unfortunately I can't pick up 1260 from Calgary... are there any good phone in questions?

Old
12-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Oilers Ent

Quote:

Cool. We knew Kevin would stand behind his man.

Old
12-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Lowetide

Very interesting hour. AMong things I can remember:

1. Lowe says that giving up on the season and getting a top 5 draft pick is not an option. They're committed to making the playoffs.

2. He wants BG to be more of a disturber, ala Tie Domi. He mentioned that Torres was initially thought to be that player, but with Raffi's offense they want Georges to fulfill that role.

3. He talked about Brewer being a 20+ minute a night defender for many years, and suggested alot of Oiler fans have too high an expectation with regard to offense.

4. He talked alot about Marchant and why he wasn't qualified at above the league average. Suggested that he couldn't justify giving him a $500,000 dollar raise after a 12 goal season. Then he said that they felt strongly he would have a big year, and that was their commitment to last season. The other side of it was that they needed to move Stoll in, which is eactly what happened.

That's all I can remember I'll post more if I can think of it.

Old
12-22-2003, 03:32 PM
momentai

Quote:
Now, I'm not entirely sure if this is exactly good, promising news or disheartening news. A while ago Digger posed the question.

"Could Kevin Lowe bite the bullet and fire MacT should the need arise on this team?"

I think it's safe to say that Lowe has chosen the coach over the players' in this respect. He has all but assured MacT his job security and I'm not sure if that would be the best thing for the team in the long run.

Old
12-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Oilers Ent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide

1. Lowe says that giving up on the season and getting a top 5 draft pick is not an option. They're committed to making the playoffs.

2. He wants BG to be more of a disturber, ala Tie Domi. He mentioned that Torres was initially thought to be that player, but with Raffi's offense they want Georges to fulfill that role.

3. He talked about Brewer being a 20+ minute a night defender for many years, and suggested alot of Oiler fans have too high an expectation with regard to offense.

4. He talked alot about Marchant and why he wasn't qualified at above the league average. Suggested that he couldn't justify giving him a $500,000 dollar raise after a 12 goal season. Then he said that they felt strongly he would have a big year, and that was their commitment to last season. The other side of it was that they needed to move Stoll in, which is eactly what happened.

That's all I can remember I'll post more if I can think of it.

Thanks lowetide

Old
12-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Yanner39

Guys, did they mention any possible roster moves, whether they would call up Rita or Salmo or Woywitka or Lynch or make a trade to get out of this funk. To me, that would be an question that I sure some fans would have asked.

Thanks to those relaying the specific of interview to those who don;t have 1260.

Old
12-22-2003, 03:37 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide

1. This scares me. If he is really committed to the postseason, would he be willing to sacrifice the future for the present? Personally, I hope not because that would be in direct opposition to what Lowe has been preaching to Edmonton for the past 3 years.

3. I don't think it's the lack of offense with Brewer that everyone is questioning. It's his lack of consistency on the defensive end which a dman must take care of first that gets everyone's goat. Somehow, Lowe is more than a little offbase here...

Old
12-22-2003, 04:18 PM
metallicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Guys, did they mention any possible roster moves, whether they would call up Rita or Salmo or Woywitka or Lynch or make a trade to get out of this funk. To me, that would be an question that I sure some fans would have asked.

Thanks to those relaying the specific of interview to those who don;t have 1260.
Not that I heard, but I could be wrong.

Old
12-22-2003, 05:06 PM
gretzky2kurri

He sounds off beat indeed.

20 teams phoning McTavish? Delusional.

One thing about Lowe that worries me is how vocal he is about his love for MacT.

Not taking care of MacT (if the need should arise) could eventually cost him his own job.

Old
12-22-2003, 05:17 PM
xauxi

It is rational that KL defenses for MacT. I do not want to see this change either. Loyalty is the core of teamwork approaching success, and KL just does exactly as that. Although, there are meny coaching blunders, but as a team, KL can help MacT get out off this situation. Oilers fans, at this stage, changing coach will not help the team. It would create more chaos instead. I still hope MacT will get more experience as coach and turn the team around to success. How? I do not know, but they must see and know how. I am not a big fan of MacT but because of home team success, I can understand KL's move. I just wish their best at this time of year.

Old
12-22-2003, 06:44 PM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xauxi
Loyalty is the core of teamwork approaching success, and KL just does exactly as that.
Good point, XX, but what happens when the GM has to choose between loyalty to the Oil drop and his buddy the coach? I sure hope he chooses the team over MacT.

Having said that, I think you are correct about the value of loyalty, and that's why guys like Staios & Moreau are getting contract extensions; their work ethics define what this team should be.

Closed Thread