HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Superstitions??

Old
05-01-2007, 12:03 PM
philbo

vCash: 500
Superstitions??

So what's your pre-game suprestitions?

And anyone not doing one of them since we won the last game? (I'm not... I usually post a cheer in the GDT on gameday, but since I missed it for gm 3 and we won, I'm certainly not doing it for gm 4)

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 12:24 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I usually try to not listen to any songs that are normally played in MSG on gameday. Not sure how well it works, but oh well. Other than that, I don't really have any pregame rituals... Leave that for the players.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
So what's your pre-game suprestitions?

And anyone not doing one of them since we won the last game? (I'm not... I usually post a cheer in the GDT on gameday, but since I missed it for gm 3 and we won, I'm certainly not doing it for gm 4)
i usually crap my pants just before puck drop to give myself a little extra elbow-room in the seats

kidding, obviously. But I do have some serious issues. I only high five twice for good luck (never once or three times). I do everything in even numbers (beers, cheers, chicks?..hehe). and this is where it gets really bad... If we are winning I have to pee twice (meaning squeeze it off and start again after flush) to keep the good luck or... hold it. HAHA... im so weird. What can I say, it's really up to my weird peeing superstitions to WILL this team to victory!!

worked in '94. I remember game 7 against the devils i was in the middle of eating a salad when the rangers scored so i kept my hand on the fork in the salad for the remainder of the game.... the waiter was like "are you done?" and I was like "DONT TOUCH!!"... hehe... if it wasn't for me and my stupid salad, no Matteau goal. So I guess you guys all owe me a beer.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Melrose_Jr.

I was drinking micro-brews for the first 2 games, but switched to Molsons for game 3. I wouldn't even say I'm a superstitious person, but Molsons it is for tonight, that's for sure.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 12:43 PM
o0goals

I got a Giacomin jersey at the beginning of the big run to the playoffs and wore it all day of every game (the only game I didn't was the Montreal debacle), so I'll keep that up. Also, my dad wears three pairs of underwear to games, one red, one white, one blue...or at least he did in '94 and I'd hope he does now.

o0goals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I've been wearing my home blue Leetch jersey with the "A" on it I bought in '93. We've won the 5 times I've worn it, and lost the two times I didn't. Hmmmmmm....

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Fotiu22

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0goals View Post
I got a Giacomin jersey at the beginning of the big run to the playoffs and wore it all day of every game (the only game I didn't was the Montreal debacle), so I'll keep that up. Also, my dad wears three pairs of underwear to games, one red, one white, one blue...or at least he did in '94 and I'd hope he does now.
classic!!

I hope he does now, it's your job to make sure of it!! (and I think the rule is if they win, he can't wash them? can we get a ruling on that?)

Old
05-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Onion Boy

I always wear a Rangers shirt, but never wear the same one after a loss.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 01:11 PM
jgrangers2

My family has a Mark Messier signed hockey stick that each of us kissed before every playoff game between '94 and '97. After '97, it disappeared somehow under a pile of stuff in my garage that hadn't been moved since then. That is, until the week before this year's playoffs. The stick came back and we won a playoff game for the first time in 10 years. Coincidence? I think not.

jgrangers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 01:20 PM
BroadwayBlair

i eat a garden dog at every game, thats my ritual

BroadwayBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 01:22 PM
flankerbill13

i wore my leetch jersey to the game that they clinched, came home and put it on my drumset. I told nobody to touch it when they were winning the atlanta series. But the sunday before this series my brother touched it causing the luck to run out. I wore the same jersey to the game on sunday and put it back in the same spot on my drumset.

flankerbill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 01:24 PM
mikenyr

i dont have any before rangers games...

i do have 1 though before i go play hockey... i have to pack my equipment in my bag the exact same way every time.. shin pads together and to the left.. shoulder pads to the right.. pants on top of shoulderpads.. gloves and elbow pads on the left helmet on the right and skates in the middle...

been doing it for like 10 years! lol and a few months ago i just threw my stuff in there because i was in a rush.. and i SWORE i forgot something so i had to take my stuff out in the street before i put it in my car and repack it the right way

mikenyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenyr View Post
i dont have any before rangers games...

i do have 1 though before i go play hockey... i have to pack my equipment in my bag the exact same way every time.. shin pads together and to the left.. shoulder pads to the right.. pants on top of shoulderpads.. gloves and elbow pads on the left helmet on the right and skates in the middle...

been doing it for like 10 years! lol and a few months ago i just threw my stuff in there because i was in a rush.. and i SWORE i forgot something so i had to take my stuff out in the street before i put it in my car and repack it the right way

Hahaha I am not that bad, but I do put my stuff on in the same order, every single time i play... to the point when i put the left skate on first always.... stuff like that...

OCD...? Yes? No?

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 04:05 PM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
On the night of Game 2 I had the option of rushing home to watch the last 10 minutes of the third or just taking my time and watching the Rangers in 60. I decided to rush back and watch, and within minutes of my turning on the game Buffalo scored what turned out to be the game winner. Superstitions like this are stupid, but I'm wondering what would have happened if I got pizza and took my time instead.....

mnorman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
ihatenewjersey

i have OCD pretty bad

volume needs to be on an even number, door to my room closed, both fish tank lights on.... theres more but if i got into them i'd look even more nuts

ihatenewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Fotiu22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey View Post
i have OCD pretty bad

volume needs to be on an even number, door to my room closed, both fish tank lights on.... theres more but if i got into them i'd look even more nuts

Me Too!! I was telling some girl about all these things I do and she was like "um... you're not superstitious, you have OCD" so I was like "High Five!! (Twice for good luck)"

Old
05-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Sicilian

Well, I've got an unfortunate new one that just started since game 3... I live near boston, so I didn't get any of the games in round 1 on TV (damn crosby). So I listened to them all on the radio. We all know how that series went.

I watched game 1 and 2 of the buffalo series on TV, and they lost. On a hunch, I listen to game 3 on the radio, and we win in double OT...

All this to say, for the good of the team, I'm going to listen to the games on the radio until they lose one... if they win the cup I may cry tears of joy and pain at the same time

Sicilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 05:06 PM
philbo

We're a silly bunch aren't we. It's funny what extent grown men & women will do to keep their influence on a game.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Balej20*

I have a TON...One of which is to not reveal my superstitions until the season has passed. So I'll fill you guys in later

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 05:47 PM
yarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
Well, I've got an unfortunate new one that just started since game 3... I live near boston, so I didn't get any of the games in round 1 on TV (damn crosby). So I listened to them all on the radio. We all know how that series went.

I watched game 1 and 2 of the buffalo series on TV, and they lost. On a hunch, I listen to game 3 on the radio, and we win in double OT...

All this to say, for the good of the team, I'm going to listen to the games on the radio until they lose one... if they win the cup I may cry tears of joy and pain at the same time
Ahh I have done similiar things, it was the classic game between Sweden and Finland, Sweden were down 5-1 in the quarterfinal in Helsinki and I got pissed and left the room. I start hearing cheering, 5-2, 5-3, but I am thinking, if I watch the game I will jinx them, so I just listen to the others cheer while Sweden takes it to 5-5. Then I dared go and watch again.

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
I've listened to an album called "On Avery Island" by Neutral Milk Hotel before each game for the good Avery juju.

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22 View Post
i usually crap my pants just before puck drop to give myself a little extra elbow-room in the seats

kidding, obviously. But I do have some serious issues. I only high five twice for good luck (never once or three times). I do everything in even numbers (beers, cheers, chicks?..hehe). and this is where it gets really bad... If we are winning I have to pee twice (meaning squeeze it off and start again after flush) to keep the good luck or... hold it. HAHA... im so weird. What can I say, it's really up to my weird peeing superstitions to WILL this team to victory!!

worked in '94. I remember game 7 against the devils i was in the middle of eating a salad when the rangers scored so i kept my hand on the fork in the salad for the remainder of the game.... the waiter was like "are you done?" and I was like "DONT TOUCH!!"... hehe... if it wasn't for me and my stupid salad, no Matteau goal. So I guess you guys all owe me a beer.

www.ocfoundation.org/

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599 View Post
I always wear a Rangers shirt, but never wear the same one after a loss.

I have a jersey question but didn't want to start a thread for it, so I'll ask it here. CCM made a white statue of liberty replica jersey. I have only ever seen the Rangers wearing the blue statue of liberty jersey. My question is, was the white version a fan jersey only?

Thanks

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 06:05 PM
rickyrod

I sacrificed a virgin before game 3, so I guess I gotta do it tonight, too. Any volunteers? Come on, it's for the team. Gotta support the team.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 06:09 PM
MrAlfie

i do absolutely nothing.i got my playoff beard.
after we were down 2-0 in the series i thought about shaving it off, im glad i didnt.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote