HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Intermediate/Senior shafts?

Old
05-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Taranis_24

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taranis_24
Intermediate/Senior shafts?

What is the difference? Length, Flex or combination of both? If length what is the difference? If flex is there that much noticeable difference for pretty much a beginner.

Taranis_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:01 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
Flex, length, and girth. The flex depends on the company and the flex they make it as. I've seen 65, 67, 70, 75 so it depends (if you want int. flex but senior dimensions, Bauer makes 77 senior flexes). And if your a beginner....I'd recommend trying some wood sticks to find what flex you want as going from int. to a senior is pretty noticeable and you might not like it. It'll be a few inches shorter, usually like 3-4" but that's not a problem for me personally cause I usually cut normal length sticks that much. And lastly, there's the girth, intermediates feel slightly thinner than a normal senior.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Greeneye

vCash: 500
Most intermediates are thinner than seniors, this isnt always the case though. I would think flex would be noticeable to anyone, follow sc37's advice and get a wood stick. if you are playing with friends you can always try out their sticks to see the differences in flex/feel.

Greeneye is offline   Reply With Quote