HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

typical Leafs/Habs game!

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2003, 05:12 AM
go_habs_go

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
typical Leafs/Habs game!

Typical Leafs Habs game...i know this is being said game after game after game but its damn true. THE REFS TOTALLY SUCKED!! like on that penalty they gave to Bulis, damn that was a bad call..i mean we got 2 PP? The Leafs got like 6!!! I give the game to the Laffs. If The ref would have made the right calls the game wouldve of totally been ours...IMO

Old
12-21-2003, 05:27 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go
Typical Leafs Habs game...i know this is being said game after game after game but its damn true. THE REFS TOTALLY SUCKED!! like on that penalty they gave to Bulis, damn that was a bad call..i mean we got 2 PP? The Leafs got like 6!!! I give the game to the Laffs. If The ref would have made the right calls the game wouldve of totally been ours...IMO

Ya that was a ******** call on Bulis which tied the game, Montreal had the momentum! I hate the ****ing leafs!

Old
12-21-2003, 06:17 AM
Garnet

What about

The call on Riberio for Tripping Nieuwendyk. Riberio gives him a tap on the outside knee and Nieuwendyk is down and sliding across the ice like hes been shot. Montreal couldn't touch a Leaf tonight. TO were running interference all though the neutral zone last night and nothing was called.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:28 AM
KnuklZ

The refs sucked...but to say we owned the Leafs last night and had it not been for the refs bad calls (which were called both ways) we would have won for sure is ludicrous. The Leafs had better chances to win this game and won it in the end with a lucky goal. Did TO deserve to come out of this with 2 points...a little. Lets not start these posts that are blaming the ref for the goals etc. We had chances to win and we didnt take them, TO did.

Blaiming losses on refs is something that TO fans do, lets not stoop down to that level.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:56 AM
RiellyGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuklZ
The refs sucked...but to say we owned the Leafs last night and had it not been for the refs bad calls (which were called both ways) we would have won for sure is ludicrous. The Leafs had better chances to win this game and won it in the end with a lucky goal. Did TO deserve to come out of this with 2 points...a little. Lets not start these posts that are blaming the ref for the goals etc. We had chances to win and we didnt take them, TO did.

nice class and respect....

Quote:
Blaiming losses on refs is something that TO fans do, lets not stoop down to that level.

....up until about here

Old
12-21-2003, 07:04 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
The refereeing was indeed horrible, but on both sides. I was cursing every time TO got away with the clutching and grabbing and I was breathing a sigh of relief when Zed's blatant stick up in Marchment's face and the careless stick to Reichel's face went uncalled. I truly believe if the "penalties" would have been called, the game would have been better.

BTW did anyone see Marchment's attempt to end Koivu's season in the first period when he stepped up past the blueline and stuck out his leg? Saku barely got out of the way.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:17 AM
Natural Habs Fan

I didn't see it but I wouldn't be surprised. Marchment is a goon.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
I can predict the future! Just as I said on friday, the Habs fans will whine just as always after a loss and I was right and you guys have pretty much hit every single on of my quotes as well

Yes, the refs were so much in the Leafs favour that when Robert Reichel got high sticked infront of the net on a great scoring chance and was cut and lost a tooth they made no call! Yep, those Refs love the Leafs so much they're 2nd in the league for most penalty minutes. It must be because they're english and they hate the french, yep that's the one.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:28 AM
Rahan

Before this game, I didn't think the Maple Leafs were that dirty. I was ashamed of seeing such dirty play in an NHL game, going unnoticed by the referees.

I mean, they kept hooking, they kept trying some wrestling tricks on our players. It was ridiculous, Marchment should have been penalized for his check on Dagenais after his goal, it was WAY after the goal and that was unsportsmanlike. The Leafs scored two goals in powerplay, and that was two penalties we didn't deserve at all. The penalty on Ribeiro was ridiculous, his stick wasn't even on Nieuwendyk yet when he lost his balance, it barely touched him when he was almost already on the ice.

Again, I never thought a team could be so dirty and get away with it.

French addition: Tsé, quand tu vois tes gars se faire faire un genre de croque-en-jambe mélangé avec la corde à linge au moins 5 fois dans une période, c'est vraiment décourageant.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:48 AM
Rahan

Your counter-points just don't make the cuts, except my mistake for the two power-play goals. It's true that there was no penalty when the goal happened, but it still changed the momentum for no reason.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:53 AM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
Your counter-points just don't make the cuts, except my mistake for the two power-play goals. It's true that there was no penalty when the goal happened, but it still changed the momentum for no reason.

How do they not make the "cuts" as you would say? They proved your post wrong in every sense of the word and the proof is in the fact you did nothing to prove him wrong, because you could not.

I don't want to group all Habs fans together as whinners as with a big fan base comes stupid fans just as the Leafs have there fair share of dumb fans but some of these "Leafs cheat, refs suck and Habs would've won if..." posts really just make all of you look bad.

Old
12-21-2003, 08:00 AM
Capitano

Don't worry boys, the Leafs will never win the cup with a team like that. They are not a hockey team, they are a team of cheap-shot hitters, and antagonists. The hockey gods will never let a team like that win a cup nowadays so I'm not worried in the least.

Ontop of that, the Leafs are an old team. They'll break down in the end when it's all said and done. It's sad because the Leafs don't play a trapping style and that's refreshing nowadays. What they do try to do is intimidate their opponents and they clutch and grab on the forecheck more than any team I've ever seen.

Again, be you can rest assured that they're not going anywhere this year. This winning streak can be defined as "peaking too early".

Cap

Old
12-21-2003, 08:04 AM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
How do they not make the "cuts" as you would say? They proved your post wrong in every sense of the word and the proof is in the fact you did nothing to prove him wrong, because you could not.
I thought his points didn't make the cut as I say, because I explain mine in my FIRST post. He's asking what dirty plays, I'm listing some in my first post. Marchment's hit, all the hooking, and the leafs players always doing wrestling tricks on our players to get them on the ice. Just look at the last 10 minutes of the game, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Now don't tell me I can't prove those incidents, it's only logical that I can't show you those plays, because I can't send pictures in other people's mind. Just look at the game tape.

Old
12-21-2003, 08:13 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
I thought his points didn't make the cut as I say, because I explain mine in my FIRST post. He's asking what dirty plays, I'm listing some in my first post. Marchment's hit, all the hooking, and the leafs players always doing wrestling tricks on our players to get them on the ice. Just look at the last 10 minutes of the game, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Now don't tell me I can't prove those incidents, it's only logical that I can't show you those plays, because I can't send pictures in other people's mind. Just look at the game tape.
It's more than just dirty plays. It's the attitude and cockiness of the Leaf players. For example, when Domi was tied up with Koivu. Saku was left to fend for himself against a goon. The Leafs on the other hand would have eaten anybody that took a shot at Sundin.

Roberts is the biggest octopus on the ice out there. Just watch Roberts when he forechecks, he doesn't ever keep two hands on his stick and he'll aways grab the d-man and hold onto him in order to remove him from the play. McCabe is constantly interfering and using his stick to do his famous can-opener. Marchment hits somebody after he scores, it happens sometimes to all teams but the Leafs love this stuff. They thrive on it. I like to compare them to the villains in wrestling. Interesting to watch, but they'll never win it all.

They're just dirty. Dirty dirty dirty. Living in Toronto of course I have a lot of hatred for the Leafs, but I do respect their courage and guts on the ice. I know they won't win though. And so do most smart Leaf fans.

Cap

Old
12-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
It was not WAY after the goal. Did you not see the slow motion replay? He was still fair game.
Absolutely. I mentioned this in my analysis on the game thread, but there was no way Marchment could have known the puck was in the net, it was a completely legal *shoulder* check, and it came virtually instantly after the shot was taken. I applaud March for finishing his hit like that and wish Habs would do the same. Anyone who complains about this particular hit had better take a quick look at the rule book.

And as for the reffing thing deciding the game? No way. There were non-calls on BOTH sides of the ice and it was a case of 'letting the players play' (read: losing control of the game) rather than one team getting more chances than the other. The Habs had two *blatant* high sticks in the third. And when I say blatant, it was like they stuck sticks to Leaf players faces and held them there for five minutes. One of them should have been a double minor as well.

I do agree, however, that Marchment is a jerk, he tried the old knee trick twice last night with Sax just getting out of the way both times, but that's old hat and unless he connects, he'll never get a penalty. In fact, Hab fans should be glad he tried and whiffed because he throws himself so far out of position on those attempts it's laughable.

The penalty on Bulis was a farce, for sure, but honestly, Hab fans should just sit back, shut up, and stop the whining because the reffing was equally bad both ways.

ACF

Old
12-21-2003, 10:02 AM
#44_delivers

the game waz good to watch, shots woulda been alote closer if the calls were even,as for the two highsticking penalties in the third period that were never called. well i think the refs took a look at the penalties they called in the second, and realized that half the calls they made were dives, especialy the nuendick one take a close look at it, thats what ruins hockey. refs didnt win or lose the game for any body, dackel, francis (cost two goals), and bad luck did. after seeing the game though if the laffs think there capable of winning a cup with there currant team, i say i hope we play em first round. easy pickens from old grampas-laffs on ice.

Old
12-21-2003, 10:28 AM
NWT Habs Fan

If we ignore the refs and all the other jabs, you have to agree that this was a typical Habs-Leafs game. Both team had some jump and looked like they deserved the points that they have been racking up lately. The game had some really good hits, and some borderline stuff, but pretty well what you would expect in a close intense game with lots of emotion up and running. If not for a lucky deflection with 38 ticks to go, both teams would have walked away with at least one point...a fair reward for an entertaining 59 and a half minutes of hockey. That being said, at the end of the game Sundin did what all good players are supposed to do...put the puck on the net. Too bad, but it was still a good game between these two teams, and good to see a close match to show that this rivalry is alive and well (three more games to go folks, so mark them in your calendar).

Old
12-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Tricolore#20

I have to agree with those that say the refs didn't cost the Habs the game. I agree the Bulis call was questionable at best. If you want to call a Montreal penalty, then even it up with Klee, because both guys were interfering with each other. But the Habs got away with some calls. Zednik's hook on Marchment's face late in the 3rd was not called, neither was Sundstrom's job on Reichel. I was surprised that some of these didn't get called, (but relieved to an extent). What were the refs looking at?

I think it was even with what each team got away with. Overall, it was a great game. Habs should have had a better fate, but Dackell's misfire was perhaps the lasting image from this game, and why we didn't win.

Old
12-21-2003, 11:37 AM
Habsaku

The refs did not cost the Habs the game, they were brutal on both sides. Did you see that high stick on Reichel??? Nothing was called.

I'm far from liking the leafs but that game was great and the leafs were very physical, not dirty. I didn't see much dirt other then Marchments attempt to injure Koivu. However, if you look at Koivu, everygame he tries to brake opposite players hands. He uses his stick very frequently on their ankles and their hands. Marchment was gonna do what Koivu always does but dirtier.

It was a good game and If the Habs would've gotten that lucky goal, you can be sure you wouldn't have complained about the refs and you can be sure a lot of leaf fans would've. So think before your post cause the refferees we're as bad on both sides.

A fan hoping for more TO/MTL games, especially in the playoffs.

Closed Thread