HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Thing That Rodent Spotted

Old
05-04-2007, 12:16 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Interesting Thing That Rodent Spotted

http://hockeyrodent.com/
Check out the right column. Looks like the NHL truly is covering the sabres ***** after all.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 05-04-2007 at 02:03 PM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:19 PM
bcrt2000

Damn.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Nich

nothing new here for me. the refs have been far from consistent to both teams

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:23 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

But why does the NHL skew the scoresheet to say the Connelly didn't come on until Zubrus came off. Something smells really fishy

Old
05-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Unfortunately the website is blocked for me here at work so I have no idea what everyone is talking about.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:26 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
With 4:53 remaining in Period 2 and New York on a power play, Dainus Zubrus takes the puck deep into Ranger territory. That's him being squashed behind the net (below). Drury is right by the crease. Got it?

Now watch what happens two seconds later. The Blueshirts begin to break out. Zubrus is still stuck behind the Ranger net. And Drury (next column) slams Sean Avery into the corner boards.

Matt Cullen skates the ball into the neutral zone. But what's this? Who is that hopping over the boards at precisely 15:11? Notice please that neither Drury nor Zubrus are anywhere near the Sabre bench.

The mystery man is none other than Tim Connolly (19) who has made it five-on-five with 41 seconds still to go on Daniel Briere's penalty! Yet there was no whistle. Dmitri Kalinin (45) and Toni Lydman (5) are with Connolly in the neutral zone. Zubrus and Drury are stuck deep. That makes five Sabres, not counting Ryan Miller in goal.

But it gets even better than that, folks.

Not only do the Sabres get away with a biggie... the league covers up this glaring error by fixing (cough) the official records of the game.

According to the paperwork, Connolly's shift does not begin until 15:35 when Zubrus' shift officially ends. Yet Connolly is clearly on the ice at 15:12 - twenty-one seconds earlier!
Text version, of course you don't get the pretty pics.

Old
05-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Levitate

eh, the on ice officials blew it, but I don't think the league is really "covering it up".

The changing of the shift chart is most likely just a book keeping measure (or was recorded that way originally because no one was paying attention).

Crap happens. Let's not turn into a bunch of victims like the Islanders

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
eh, the on ice officials blew it, but I don't think the league is really "covering it up".
Yeah, I'm sure the time tracking software probably just doesn't support more than 6 players on the ice.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
WOW that is anti NY at it's best with proof,Fantastic job man

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:43 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
I mentioned this during the game thread when I saw it live. It was pretty funny watching it during the game...I mean buffalo is way out of the play all of a sudden before the camera finishes panning over the red line theres a new buffalo guy defending the rush from out of nowhere. Took me a rewind on the DVR to realize where this magical 6th man materialized from.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:57 PM
McRanger

The Rangers got away with too many men on the ice a few times too, usually because of lazy changes. Never for 21 seconds while killing a PP though.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:27 PM
zestystrat

Just when you thought the zebra's couldn't do any worse......

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:34 PM
NJRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
The Rangers got away with too many men on the ice a few times too, usually because of lazy changes. Never for 21 seconds while killing a PP though.

i can see the ref missing a few calls but for the league covering it up in the official shift chart does makes you wonder.

NJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Yeah, lazy changes happen, but they usually don't really impact the play that much and are called more as an "eff you" to the team that screwed up.

21 seconds of 5 men on the ice during a PK is a pretty bad miss by the officials though. That's something they should be fined/disciplined for. Not like we'd ever find out about it.

Old
05-04-2007, 01:44 PM
MLH

How long do you think it takes Drury to skate from 10 feet in front of the goal line to 10-15 away from the Sabres bench? More than 3 seconds?

The truly hillarious part is that the guy with the puck (Cullen?) goes from 10 feet in front of Drury to 4 feet over the blue line in the same shots. All Drury has to do is skate at the same speed as Cullen and it's a totally legal change. Drury went into the defensive side of the bench as all teams tend to do on the long change.

Talk about over-analysis.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:51 PM
robovaive

Drury probably just went to the bench after the check in the corner. So Connolly jumped the gun a bit before Drury came off. Looks like Hecht then came on for Zubrus, but it's tough to tell from the shift chart. Penalty? Yes, strictly speaking. Big deal? No. Changes are jumped all the time. I know the refs haven't been great, but it isn't possible to miss a 21 second too many men infraction (especially when the linesmen can call it, too). Is it?

Pretty decent analysis by this Rodent, though it would be good to have video evidence of when Drury and Zubrus leave the ice. The shift chart seems to be more of a guesstimate than anything else.

robovaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by robovaive View Post
Pretty decent analysis by this Rodent, though it would be good to have video evidence of when Drury and Zubrus leave the ice. The shift chart seems to be more of a guesstimate than anything else.
This is true also, so if anyone actually had video of the time in question, we could see if Rodent is being more eccentric than usual. If the difference was that bad, then it's one thing. If it's a few seconds...should have been called, but what can you do.

we're talking about the same shift chart that has supposedly been edited and is incorrect, yet we're now using it to prove other accuracies about icetime? Weak. I don't think the shift chart is ever supposed to be some exact thing. Watching a video and seeing when people get on and leave the ice would be much better than relying upon the same document you're already claiming to be faulty.
vvvvvvv

Last edited by Levitate: 05-04-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old
05-04-2007, 02:02 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Wrong. If you look at the chart drury leaves the ice at the same time as Zubrus unless the NHL skewed everything completely for a whole 3 seconds, try again ladies.

Old
05-04-2007, 02:09 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRChazzer View Post
But why does the NHL skew the scoresheet to say the Connelly didn't come on until Zubrus came off. Something smells really fishy
I work with ice time in the SEL and I can tell you that it's the program that makes it this way. If one teams is one man down and you put a fifth guy in, he won't get any official ice time.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Balej20*

Ruff is right, Buffalo is getting screwed by the refs and the league and the Ice. Poor Sabres.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:20 PM
robovaive

video of Drury, Connolly, Zubrus, Kalinin and Loodman on the ice together. Or it didn't happen.

What's this Rodent character like? Never been to that site before, but it looks like there is some real in-depth analysis. Obviously, some is of the tinfoil hat variety (like today), but some of the breakdown of the other plays in that game was good.

robovaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Levitate

Quote:
What's this Rodent character like? Never been to that site before, but it looks like there is some real in-depth analysis. Obviously, some is of the tinfoil hat variety (like today), but some of the breakdown of the other plays in that game was good.
He does some pretty smart and detailed analysis at times, but yeah, he can be a bit eccentric with it. I'm not sure how much he actually believes and how much he just throws out there to stir some debate or make a point.

Old
05-04-2007, 02:43 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
video of Drury, Connolly, Zubrus, Kalinin and Loodman on the ice together. Or it didn't happen.

Oh--I'm sure it happened. He's got his own site and posters and if he didn't spot it himself which is quite possible--one or more of his posters probably did. I agree much with Levitate's remarks about him. He can be quite the character but his analyses are usually very well done and more often than not his columns are very humorous.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:02 PM
puckhead1213

Where is the conclusive video evidence of this infraction.

puckhead1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:13 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead1213 View Post
Where is the conclusive video evidence of this infraction.

well played.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote