HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Peca

Old
05-04-2007, 05:49 PM
hgo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYISLES81 View Post
Also, didn't Peca have a problem with Nolan? Wasn't that part of his hold out? (I amy be 1000% wrong, don't kill me)
Unless Peca held out more than once, he would have held out during the 2000-01 season, which was long after Nolan was gone.

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 10:25 PM
TheBigBadCat

About bringing back Mick Vukota and Ken Baumgartner

TheBigBadCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Capt Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I think Silly makes a better 2nd line center than he does a 3rd line center (though, I think we can all agree we'd rather see someone other than him or Yashin centering the top line). He's good defensively, he's a good scorer, but the thing about him is that he's never been good enough at either to be either a true shutdown center or a true scoring center, which is a lot of why he's moved around so much. But he's had 2 straight seasons of 25+ goals and 50+ points, which is about the scoring you expect of your second line, and he's better defensively than most 2nd liners. He's very very versatile, and that's where his value to us lies. If need be we can put him on a checking line, but I think a true shutdown C would be more of an upgrade over Silly on the third line than the vast majority of 2nd line centers that we could realistically get on top of the salary of Yashin/Yashin buyout + true 1st line center. Even if you aren't interested in bringing back Peca, and I can understand, bringing in someone like say, Wes Walz, I think would help the team.
I can see that, although Silly's faceoff prowess are defensively great. But I know what you mean, he's not a shutdown center as much as he's just hardworking and defensively responsible, something that ideally we'd start getting from *all* our lines. I would love to see us buy out Yash, retain Smyth, and get another center that's all around good (ideally a Drury, though I know it's a lonnnnnng shot) to roll two really solid lines even though none is filled with a pure first line C (which I don't think either Drury or Silly *really* is).

Capt Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Aucoin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadCat View Post
About bringing back Mick Vukota and Ken Baumgartner
I would love that too.

Aucoin3 is offline   Reply With Quote