HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ruff tries to plant seed with officials

Old
05-03-2007, 11:38 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Ruff tries to plant seed with officials

Quote:
"We've been battling through some obstruction getting in the zone," Ruff said in a veiled message to the NHL's head office. "I don't necessarily think that we should have to battle through arms reaching out and stuff like that. But it's stuff we have battle through."
Quote:
"I just thought, especially when we were skating in the third (in Game 4), we shouldn't be denied our ice going into the zone," continued Ruff. "And I thought there were a few times, especially on Derek Roy and a few guys, once it's dumped, their defenceman has to turn and go - he can't try to eliminate us from going in to forecheck.

"But I've been telling the guys, `You have to work through that."'
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=206469&hubname=nhl

Little subtle complaint from Lindy, better not result in the officiating making calls that aren't there. I just think back to the end of Game 2 when he leaped off the bench and threw a tantrum over the non-calls--too many men (should have been a penalty) and offsides (was the right no call)...Game 3 resulted in the Sabres having a huge advantage in penalty calls.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Onion Boy

Such a whiner.

I wonder what he has to say about Buffalo's d-men clutching and grabbing Jagr all series long.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:44 PM
jgrangers2

He knows his small forwards can't contend with a defense that's going to be physical with them so he's trying to eliminate it completely.

jgrangers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Onion Boy

I know I just posted, but this pisses me off. Ruff has got to be the biggest crybaby in the NHL. He knows his team isn't good enough to hack it on their own, so he's need to get the refs on his side.

What a little puke.

Old
05-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

someone should "accidentally" shoot the puck in the sabres bench.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Seriously... I do NOT like Lindy Ruff... most coaches I dont care about, but he DOES seem like such a little beotch...

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Onion Boy

Hearing Ruff ***** and moan to the media gives me so much more respect for how Renney conducts himself.

Ruff obviously has no faith in his team to overcome adversity on their own.

Old
05-03-2007, 11:52 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599 View Post
Hearing Ruff ***** and moan to the media gives me so much more respect for how Renney conducts himself.

Ruff obviously has no faith in his team to overcome adversity on their own.
It's interesting because following Game 4 in the postgame press conference, he and the Sabres made a point of saying you can't dwell on the officiating, it can be counterproductive, etc. and was not too bad about the review...48 hours later, he is referencing the officiating again

Old
05-03-2007, 11:53 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
If the refs actually pay attention to this whining and adjust their calls then Buffalo will go on to win the Cup. I don't think Lindy's crying is going to do anything other than make him look like a *****.

This **** makes me appreciate Renney a whole lot more. Maybe if your team showed up for more than 5 minutes per game you wouldn't have to make these excuses, Lindy.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:53 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey

Keep crying, Lindy.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:01 AM
DaveMatthew

Honestly, Lindy Ruff is the biggest whiner in the league. And it goes top down in that organization. From Tom Golisano's letter to Bettman whining about the Neil hit, to Lindy Ruff, to Derek Roy and Daniel Briere flopping around the ice.

I sincerely hope the Rangers take these guys out because if the Sens end up finishing off the Devils, I'd much rather go against a team like the Rangers instead of hearing Ruff and his players cry about everything for two weeks.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:16 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
Honestly, Lindy Ruff is the biggest whiner in the league. And it goes top down in that organization. From Tom Golisano's letter to Bettman whining about the Neil hit, to Lindy Ruff, to Derek Roy and Daniel Briere flopping around the ice.

I sincerely hope the Rangers take these guys out because if the Sens end up finishing off the Devils, I'd much rather go against a team like the Rangers instead of hearing Ruff and his players cry about everything for two weeks.
I hope the Sens beat the Devils. another whiner whined about Emery.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hock...49559-sun.html

"We finally proved if we shoot pucks at Emery, he doesn't look too good," said Brodeur. "Right now, nobody expects us to pull this off. We're trying to create history, to a certain extent."

dont get mad Marty about ur team being down 3-1, Ill make sure that ull time to play golf on Wednesday

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:33 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=206469&hubname=nhl

Little subtle complaint from Lindy, better not result in the officiating making calls that aren't there. I just think back to the end of Game 2 when he leaped off the bench and threw a tantrum over the non-calls--too many men (should have been a penalty) and offsides (was the right no call)...Game 3 resulted in the Sabres having a huge advantage in penalty calls.
I find it intriging that Ruff specifically named Roy being that the guy is known around the league as one of the biggest divers.

RANGERDIEHARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:44 AM
NYR2

I cannot STAND that whiner.

NYR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:46 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

what a POS of a person this Linda is. Refs better notysway calls now or I swear..

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Balej20*

This is nothing new, and he always gets his ****ing way. I guarantee you there will be 100 calls now against the Rangers in game 5. This ****ing coach is pathetic.

By the way, when you dump the puck in, you're allowed to get hit, it's called following through with the play. Idiot doesn't even know the rules.

This team is getting a real bad reputation for whinning and crying when they don't get their way. What a joke of a team they have turned out to be.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:58 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
This is nothing new, and he always gets his ****ing way. I guarantee you there will be 100 calls now against the Rangers in game 5. This ****ing coach is pathetic.

By the way, when you dump the puck in, you're allowed to get hit, it's called following through with the play. Idiot doesn't even know the rules.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:02 AM
ThirdEye

I'll admit, I don't hate him as much as everyone here, but in doing this he has shown he is a sore loser and nothing else. Whatever, guess we'll have to see if the officials actually buy into this

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I'll admit, I don't hate him as much as everyone here, but in doing this he has shown he is a sore loser and nothing else. Whatever, guess we'll have to see if the officials actually buy into this
I can almost gurantee you will see a game called like game three where the Sabres got 6 straight PP's.

Old
05-04-2007, 01:08 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I can almost gurantee you will see a game called like game three where the Sabres got 6 straight PP's.
I hope not. We might be in trouble if that's the case. If a PP gets enough chances, it will eventually break through...

Old
05-04-2007, 01:13 AM
D-man

Nobody has too battle through more than Jagr. Ruff should keep his yapp shut. The league is watching closely now and if any team is getting away with stuff its buffalo

D-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:19 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man View Post
Nobody has too battle through more than Jagr. Ruff should keep his yapp shut. The league is watching closely now and if any team is getting away with stuff its buffalo
Probably OT, but Jagr gets the least amount of respect from the officials in the entire league. He gets hooked, hacked, and grabbed on every shift and never gets a damn call.

And the reason is painfully simple, he doesn't dive. You'd think the league would award him for not diving, but instead they go and give the flopping Sabres every call in the book.

Just count tomorrow night how many times Jagr falls down vs. Briere. It's staggering.

Old
05-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Balej20*

I just sent a nice letter to the NHL Officials website pointing out that "as an unbiased fan" I hope I don't see the Officials kissing Ruff's ass tomorrow night. Of course, I said it much nicer than that in my letter.

http://www.nhlofficials.com/contact.asp

Old
05-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Czech Your Math

Quote:
They will let Buffalo mug Jagr, while calling interference on the Rangers to show Ruff they are impartial.

Meet the new NHL, same as the old NHL.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:21 AM
hottytoddy

Quote:
Yea, Zubrus gets the same treatment.

hottytoddy is offline   Reply With Quote