Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ilya Nikulin

Old
05-03-2007, 07:16 PM
GetPucksDeep

vCash: 500
Ilya Nikulin

Nikulin offered contract - will attend prospect camp.

In English:
Defender Ilya Nikulin obtained proposal from the club NKHL "Atlanta Tresherz" and in summer he is going to leave for the training camp of command. Thus, if Nikulin is opened into the basic composition of "woodpeckers", he will become the partner of Ilya koval'chuk and Vyacheslav Kozlov.

babelfish translation of link.

GetPucksDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:15 PM
thrasherfan93

or you can get the english version of the site here

http://english.sport-express.ru/news/13_304/

thrasherfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Oh yeah!!! We should be deVoid of deVo now!

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Great translation.

I love Babelfish

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 07:25 PM
teme

From what I've seen in WC, he looks good. Not spectacular in any way, but solid all-around game. Plays point at powerplay, kills penalties, good physically, good at moving the puck... The kind of image I have of a Russian defenceman. Battled a lot with Tuomo Ruutu in the semi-final, did get hammered once, but held his own pretty well which is respectable the way Ruutu is playing.

teme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Snap Wilson

Any relation to the old Ducks draft pick Igor?

Snap Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Cors

Send a message via ICQ to Cors
Nikulin stays in Russia, signed with AkBars

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/3098959.html

Last edited by caniacgirl12: 06-29-2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: inappropriate
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 08:47 AM
hydromel

http://english.sport-express.ru/news/13_750/

Latest news
Thursday, 28 Jun 2007
ICE HOCKEY: AK BARS KEEP ILYA NIKULIN
Ak Bars defender Ilya Nikulin has taken up his mind to stay in the club.

Russian national side defender decided to stay in Kazan club despite his desire to switch to America.

Nikulin has already confirmed his participation in Ak Bars pre-season preparations, which will take place in Finland.

The situation with another Ak Bars player Mikhail Yunkov is not clear enough since he has signed a three-contract with the club but recently start training with Spartak.

The club vice-president Ravil Shavaleev commented on the present state of things with the forward.

"We have a running contract with Yunkov and we consider him to be Ak Bars player", said Shavaleev to Sport Express.

hydromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Slitty

It would be quite the pity if he decided not to play for the Thrashers next season. As far as I am concerned, now would have been a perfect time for Nikulin to start an NHL career. Hopefully he is merely going to be participating in Kazan's preperations for the season on top of attending Atlanta training camp.

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 03:53 AM
sivert

Nikulin has just signed 5 year deal with Ak Bars. He isn't going to Atlanta

http://www.ak-bars.ru/news/2720/

sivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Woodpeckerz are sad.

Did you know that Ilya Nikulin is Russian for "Ken Klee"? j/k Kovy is then "Ken Kovalchuk"!

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 01:42 PM
TheRealKovalchuk*

Send a message via MSN to TheRealKovalchuk*
wow this is soo disapointing!... like i could deal with him spending yet another year in Russia... but signed contract for 5 years, thats infuriating!!!! Does anyone know how much money they are giving him???i dont think we will never see him in a Thrashers uniform ever.

TheRealKovalchuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 01:29 AM
sivert

I guess the contract is really BIG

Nikulin is worth at least $1.5 a year in NHL immediately. Are you ready to offer that?

Old
07-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivert View Post

Nikulin is worth at least $1.5 a year in NHL immediately. Are you ready to offer that?
Not as a rookie, he isn't.

Boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 09:55 AM
TheRealKovalchuk*

Send a message via MSN to TheRealKovalchuk*
Quote:

see i understand what your saying but thats only like 600k more than the rookie max...and we probably offered that to him...i havnt seen him play much but i do know what ive heard has been all good... and rookie year.. yes ... he is like 25 though, hes got good exp in mens hockey. Id strongly consider it.

TheRealKovalchuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 03:47 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashersPride View Post
see i understand what your saying but thats only like 600k more than the rookie max...and we probably offered that to him...i havnt seen him play much but i do know what ive heard has been all good... and rookie year.. yes ... he is like 25 though, hes got good exp in mens hockey. Id strongly consider it.
Well, with a 5-year deal in Russia and no transfer agreement, you will never see him play in the NHL. When players leave Russia these days, they literally do it under IMMENSE pressure to stay (especially for big name players), death threats, and promises to never be allowed on the national team. Ever wonder why Mogilny in his prime didn't play for team Russia?

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 02:09 AM
sivert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
When players leave Russia these days, they literally do it under IMMENSE pressure to stay (especially for big name players), death threats, and promises to never be allowed on the national team.
That's not true.

If you know nothing about the situation in Russia nowadays, you'd better stop saying things like that to not look like a jerk.

Don't take it personal, but I'm sick and tired of all this ********.

Last edited by btn: 07-16-2007 at 12:44 PM. Reason: masked profanity
Old
07-16-2007, 02:49 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK
That's not true.

If you know nothing about the situation in Russia nowadays, you'd better stop saying things like that to not look like a jerk.

Don't take it personal, but I'm sick and tired of all this *******.
Hey, just look at his country flag.
THEY always know EVERYTHING better than you.

Last edited by btn: 07-16-2007 at 12:45 PM. Reason: masked profanity from quoted post
Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 12:46 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I think it just comes down to simple economics. The Russian league can now compete with what the NHL can offer players.

He simply got a better deal over there than DW was willing to offer.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 04:26 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
That's not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Bob View Post
Hey, just look at his country flag. THEY always know EVERYTHING better than you.
An entirely new and broader segment of the U.S. population became aware of ROC when professional hockey players Alexei Zhitnik, Vladimir Malakhov, and Alexander Mogilny were targeted for extortion by Russian gangsters. According to a congressional hearing in 1996, Mogilny was able to evade the threat with the help of the FBI, while Zhitnik allegedly solved the problem by going to a "more powerful criminal to take care of the problem."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...afia/csis.html

It was a day when the Penguins prospect's father talked openly about how his son "snapped." A day when his mother and others portrayed him as a troubled young man pressured into making a 3 a.m. deal with his Russian team a week ago. A day when Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar compared the kid's flight to the Iron Curtain defections of Alexander Mogilny and Sergei Fedorov a decade and a half earlier. A day when the Metallurg Magnitogorsk general director accused the Penguins and the NHL of crimes against the hockey world, calling this "the theft of the century," even with 94 years still to go.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06227/713590-61.stm

And if all that doesn't work...

http://www.playthegame.org/Knowledge...%20hockey.aspx

Holy crap, massive amounts of literature supporting my statement that Russian players are pressured to stay in Russia? It's fine if you disagree based on your own patriotic instincts, but unless you are a Russian hockey player, you are in no position to tell me I'm wrong.

And "Muscle Bob", I'm very sorry for your ignorant hatred of people simply based on where they live, but that's a very foolish card to play here considering American AND Canadian press have broken the details about mafia ties and corruption in Russian hockey, and damn near every time the statements come from the mouthes of Russians themselves. But if you want to start pulling out generalizations and stereotypes, since Americans think THEY know EVERYTHING, well then you're a poverty-stricken aftershave guzzler that works for pennies, will die before he's 60, and is duped into being proud of it by a government run by ex-KGB compatriots. But what do I know, I'm just an American sheep that lives in the pocket of oil companies and can't speak proper English.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6752515.stm

Enough nationalism, all you had to say was "Things are much better in Russia hockey than they were 8-10 years ago, the Malkin case was a fluke for whatever reason." Why go so far as to call me out personally for stating popular printed opinion?

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 01:40 AM
sivert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Enough nationalism, all you had to say was "Things are much better in Russia hockey than they were 8-10 years ago, the Malkin case was a fluke for whatever reason." Why go so far as to call me out personally for stating popular printed opinion?
You know it was more than 10 years ago. So why make such unproven statements today? Isn't that nationalism from your side?

Old
07-17-2007, 01:57 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
You know it was more than 10 years ago. So why make such unproven statements today? Isn't that nationalism from your side?
http://www.playthegame.org/Knowledge...%20hockey.aspx

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 03:01 AM
sivert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
Did you read the article? It repeats what Robert Friedland wrote in mid 90-s. We all know about Fetisov's and Bure's connections. But no information from nowadays

Old
07-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK
And "Muscle Bob", I'm very sorry for your ignorant hatred of people simply based on where they live
It's not me, it is you. Why I don't read such bs from swedish or finnish posters ? Why only americans are experts and know everything better then you ?
What have you quoted ? Heeeeelo. 90s are gone. But of course "death threats", aha.

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
That's not true.

Yeah thats not true, everyone knows Fetisov drove Malkin to the airport and helped him with his luggage. There was no pressure at all to keep him in the country. That 3 a.m. visit? That was just some friends stopping by to say hi. But that was 2 years ago, ancient history.. name something recent!!...

#37 is offline   Reply With Quote