HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lada

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2003, 08:08 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Lada

I know this isn't actually the best place for this, but I heard a rumor from russianprospects message board, that Lada's goalie J-F Laabe has left the team and returned home. He was one of the top goalies in the RSL, and a major reason why Lada was near the top of the league again. Alex Buturlin plays for Lada, that's why I post this here.

Of course it's just minor, and might not even be true, as I believed a rumor off the rocket's board that said J-F Cyr was traded to Lewiston and that doesn't look like its true.

Old
12-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Miraflores

It is true. He left home for Christmas and then called to the team to say that he wouldn't be back. He didn't even get his money. He said that his wife didn't want him to come back to Russia (she didn't live with him there). It made all Russian sports news a couple of days ago.

Old
12-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Isn't his name Jean-Francois Labbe with 2 'b's? and wasn't he considered a good NHL prospect at one point?

Old
12-22-2003, 08:16 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
Isn't his name Jean-Francois Labbe with 2 'b's? and wasn't he considered a good NHL prospect at one point?
I don't think he was ever considered a good NHL prospect. I believe he wasn't drafted by an NHL team, and started his pro career in my hometown Thunder Bay (UHL). Probablely the best goalie to lace them up for a TBay team, mind you.
He was one of those work you way through the rank typwe goaltenders.

Closed Thread