HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dagenais here to stay?

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 02:31 PM
londberg21

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to londberg21 Send a message via MSN to londberg21 Send a message via Yahoo to londberg21
Dagenais here to stay?

So what's the verdict guys? Is he playing with passion and heart? Do you seem him staying with the Habs, and actually maintaining his current productivity?

Old
12-20-2003, 02:50 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by londberg21
So what's the verdict guys? Is he playing with passion and heart? Do you seem him staying with the Habs, and actually maintaining his current productivity?
I like him a lot. I think he's fine for our second line as long as he keeps playing at this level. He's not all that bad a skater, but he doesn't have much balance or strength it seems. Great shot though. That should keep him with us.

Old
12-20-2003, 03:05 PM
topshelf

I don't see a better fit right now than Dagenais on his position.. So, I hope he's here to stay.

Old
12-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Démon Blond

Until someone outplays him, he has the job.. but he better not be too confortable with it as CJ won't hesitate to bench him

Old
12-20-2003, 05:00 PM
KnuklZ

What I liked of Dagenais today is after he scored he was bulldozed over by Marchment and I think after that hit Dagenais played pissed and put in an extra effort to win the puck. Maybe they should line him up at center ice before each game and let Komi take a run at him

Old
12-20-2003, 05:26 PM
NWT Habs Fan

I think he has shown enough heart to keep that spot over Audette. He is at least burying a lot of his chances of late. He doesn't seem to use his size at all, has some strength on his skate issue, and is definitely below average in speed...but all he has to do is keep up with Ribs!!

The only concern is that this line is really not all that good in its own end. Every time the Leafs hemmed this line deep, the Leafs were able to generate a scoring chance. If this line wants to stay #2, they will have to get a bit better in their own end since they are getting lots of ice time.

Old
12-20-2003, 05:31 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
8 points in 11 games. He's doing something Audette isn't, scoring!

Old
12-20-2003, 10:04 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
I think he has shown enough heart to keep that spot over Audette. He is at least burying a lot of his chances of late. He doesn't seem to use his size at all, has some strength on his skate issue, and is definitely below average in speed...but all he has to do is keep up with Ribs!!

The only concern is that this line is really not all that good in its own end. Every time the Leafs hemmed this line deep, the Leafs were able to generate a scoring chance. If this line wants to stay #2, they will have to get a bit better in their own end since they are getting lots of ice time.
I agree. Zednik was to blame for at least one goal tonight. But what do you do? Drop Bulis to the Ribeiro line and put Zednik back with Koivu?

Actually, that doesn't sound bad...I don't think Zed likes playing with Ryder tho...lol

The Ryder-Koivu-Zed line was just catching fire when Julien broke them up and the team really hasn't played as well since I think. Maybe it's a good idea?

I've learned to not question Claude the Great tho. He's the man.

Old
12-21-2003, 05:34 AM
eddy

I'm not a huge Dagenais fan, but you can't argue with results and as long as he keeps producing and no one outplays him I say keep him on the team.

Old
12-21-2003, 05:59 AM
HCH

I like Dagenais for what he is... a shooter. Not only does he have a hard shot, he has a quick release. There is no dribbling the puck back and forth a few times to get it in the perfect shooting position... when the disc hits his stick, it's gone.

I vote for keeping him.

Old
12-21-2003, 08:28 AM
habsfan19

any spot on the roster is up for grabs if someone outplays someone else, in this case, Dagenais is playing much better than Audette so its his job to lose

I hope he keeps it up, him and Ribeiro seem to be playing very well together along with Zednik
it gives us 2 pretty good scoring lines

Old
12-21-2003, 08:33 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan

Agree!!...They look aweful in their own end!!

Old
12-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I agree. Zednik was to blame for at least one goal tonight. But what do you do? Drop Bulis to the Ribeiro line and put Zednik back with Koivu?

Actually, that doesn't sound bad...I don't think Zed likes playing with Ryder tho...lol

The Ryder-Koivu-Zed line was just catching fire when Julien broke them up and the team really hasn't played as well since I think. Maybe it's a good idea?

I've learned to not question Claude the Great tho. He's the man.
I actually think that we have played better as whole since. Perhaps what you mean is that Koivu's line has not produced as much. As lon as the team is playing well... I would not change a thing....

Old
12-21-2003, 11:03 AM
theo6060

Back before I watched a lot of junior, I remember looking at the players drafted in the draft. I couldn't understand how someone who was 6'5" and over 200lbs and put up numbers like 133 points in 66 games would only be taken in the 4th round. I guess I still have high hopes that the guy might soon be able to do strong offensively in the NHL. Who knows, maybe CJ can fix some of the holes in his game and make him into a complete player.

Closed Thread