HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Jarmo?????

Old
05-09-2007, 03:49 PM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
Jarmo?????

Hey guys,

I am always checking out the Blues board and I always see the name Jarmo? Ive been hoping that I could figure it out but its been 3 weeks and I still cant figure out who it is lol. If you guys could tell me I am very curious. I will delete thread after I get the answer. Thanks alot!

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 04:09 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Jarmo is Jarmo Kekalainen, which I think I spelled right. He's the Blues' assistant GM, he re-signed with the Blues just the other day for 3 more years, and he's worshipped around here as a draft god. He has been described as running the draft with Mission Impossible precision (an image I love) and he has been like a cold six-pack and a happy ending for the morale of Blues fans after 40 years in the freaking draft desert.

His first full draft (2003) he snagged Backes in the 2d round and Stempniak in the 5th, and now they're top-six guys for us. In 2004 he took Schwarz and Soderberg in the first two rounds, and they are two of our top 5 prospects. In 2005 he seemingly reached to take Oshie at 24 overall, and everyone wondered where that pick came from. Turns out it came from Jarmo's Magic Bag of Draft Whup-ass, because now that pick looks like genius. And of course, EJ and Berglund in the first round last year. With guys like Polak (2004) in the 6th round who looks like a sure-fire NHL Dman at age 20, he has basically earned the unanimous trust of Blues fans who follow this stuff. Which is why we're salivating for a draft where he has 8 picks in the first 4 rounds and 4 in the top 39.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Actually, don't delete this thread. I gotta question for other Blues fans that is in no way a real world dilemma.

Would you rather have 15 years of EJ or 15 years of Jarmo drafting?

I think I gotta go Jarmo on that.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 04:55 PM
CuSa_1

Luckily they're not mutually exclusive

I'd probably take Jarmo, because I'd have to think he'd find us another EJ type, or at least 6+ close to #1 dmen. Not only that, but EJ hasn't REALLY proven anything yet. Jarmo has.

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Robb_K

His name is spelt: Kekäläinen. He was the head of scouting at Ottawa for 6 years, before coming to St. Louis. He was one of the main architects of their recent powerhouse teams.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 06:25 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

too many Euro's.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote