HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

For whatever reason, the OFFICIAL Mike & The Mad Dog thread

Old
05-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Jagr68Lundqvist30

vCash: 500
A little late for this but that was hilarious, I heard you

Jagr68Lundqvist30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 04:20 PM
JLand

Mad Dog's favorite sentence of late has been his sarcastic "Do you think I'm stupid?" when someone calls and disagrees in with him. When the caller says no, he/she just doesn't agree with everything Russo just said, that caller is cut off and Russo goes on to rant how the callers are all morons.

God dammit I want to throw things at this blowhard...

Come on Rangers, let's make it happen and embarrass this self-proclaimed hockey analysist. If it does happen, I will be one of the first ones to call and rip him a new one.

JLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Did he really say Lundmark? wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLand View Post
Yeah, he's done that a dozen times at least...pretty much every time I've had to listen to those d-bags.
I'm impressed he even knows there was a Lundmark on the team.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

What Russo was doing today was just blatant baiting of Rangers fans. We fall for it because we're so excited to hear anyone talking about hockey it's so rare.

He's just trying to get everyone revved up to talk about his show. He's an idiot and a publicity w h o r e.

He equates the Rangers to the Yankees, which is a completely ignorant analogy. (he dosen't say this, but that's what's going on in his head) So he equates Ranger fans with Yankee fans, and even though many Ranger fans ARE also Yankee fans, the two are nothing alike. The Yankees have won soooo much. Thats why he likes to mess with their fan base.

But Ranger fans have not enjoyed the perrenial winning that Yankee fans enjoy. We suffer with our team, and are probably more like Red Sox fans than Yankee fans in that respect. But he understands less about us than he does about hockey in general.

The guys is trying to make a living, and he lives and dies by ratings. If he can create some "buzz" about his show by dissing a respectably-sized fan-base like the New York Rangers, then he's all for it.

My message to him is : IYM and that doesn't stand for Italian Youth Movement.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 02:04 PM
JerseyRangers

Has anyone else noticed how much alike Mike the Blimp and Rosie Fatdonnel look? Take the glasses off Mike and they look like twins. Just can't decide whether Mike the blimp looks like an ugly dike or Rosie looks like an ugly man!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 02:11 PM
gaglinefan

Go Rangers

The guys are takin it to em again, we can win this series when we keep fighting.
Jmho who cares about M and M. They do whatever, if you like sports IV fine, there are other places to get that too. If they don't like NYR that is their problem, they don't seem too informed about hockey anyway. Just my rant, Go Rangers!! See all at game 7 viewing party (we hope).

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the only thing im upset about this loss is that Mad Dog still has a job.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
the only thing im upset about this loss is that Mad Dog still has a job.
Can we use it as extra motivation for next season? Win the cup, get the Mad Dog to stop talking BS about the Rangers?

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 07:47 AM
bcrt2000

John and Patrick McEnroe are doing the morning show today and tomorrow? Is it a test run to see if they can replace Imus? If so this would be AWESOME because John is a big Rangers fan.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 08:17 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
Can we use it as extra motivation for next season? Win the cup, get the Mad Dog to stop talking BS about the Rangers?
No. Because they will be right there taking up space from a real Ranger fan saying they "have to cover it because it's a big NY sports story"

Dolan will win a lot of people over if gives Francessa the "Checketts ban" from MSG. And when Dolan buys the Yankees, he can ban him from Yankee Stadium, too.

Then Mike can keep going out of his way to show everyone he's drinking Diet Coke.

05-12-2007, 02:41 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Listen to these guys everyday...but just wish they had a little hockey knowledge...a little! Wish they'd mention it just a bit. Oh well...at least they cover my Mets well

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote