HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Perhaps the Reason Why Ribeiro Doesn't (didn't) Have Much Ice Time

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Perhaps the Reason Why Ribeiro Doesn't (didn't) Have Much Ice Time

don't know if it had been discussed previously but our good friends Koivu and Rivet would not like Ribeiro very much, in fact they never talk to Ribeiro, and the reason why Mike didn't have much ice time would be that Koivu was not very happy of seeing him coming in the lineup

Old
12-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
don't know if it had been discussed previously but our good friends Koivu and Rivet would not like Ribeiro very much, in fact they never talk to Ribeiro, and the reason why Mike didn't have much ice time would be that Koivu was not very happy of seeing him coming in the lineup

Ribeiro's icetime is OK for me and I think that speculation like this is very unnessecary in this case where you have no proofs and that it can only hurt some players reputation. These are the kinds of things that are told in 110% and that most of the fans think that it's true since it comes out of the television by "Experts", but the fact is that there is no foundments.

And what do you mean by "Koivu was not very happy of seeing him coming in the lineup"?

Old
12-22-2003, 01:40 PM
Cariboux

Quote:
I don't think so. The reason that Ribs get less icetime than the other centers is because he's not playing on the PK. At 5 on 5, he get's his icetime and he's also playing on the PP.

Some games, he will play less because the habs are facing a team like Boston or Vancouver and Julien wants to put his defensive line against their big line, so the 3rd line is playing more than the others.

I don't think that this is Koivu or Rivet stuff. Koivu is the "C" and Rivet is a "A", so IMO they want to win

Old
12-22-2003, 01:44 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88

Ribeiro's icetime is OK for me and I think that speculation like this is very unnessecary in this case where you have no proofs and that it can only hurt some players reputation. These are the kinds of things that are told in 110% and that most of the fans think that it's true since it comes out of the television by "Experts", but the fact is that there is no foundments.

And what do you mean by "Koivu was not very happy of seeing him coming in the lineup"?
you don't have to beleive me, i'm telling you the truth that's all, and it does not come from a french source

Old
12-22-2003, 01:51 PM
Duff88

Quote:
you don't have to beleive me, i'm telling you the truth that's all, and it does not come from a french source
Is it speculation or you have some foundment from someone who know what he's talking about (I mean someone who actually saw something, not the kind of stories of "He heard it from the son of Julien's brother's doctor").

Old
12-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Is it speculation or you have some foundment from someone who know what he's talking about (I mean someone who actually saw something, not the kind of stories of "He heard it from the son of Julien's brother's doctor").
good sources who are around the club and that are sometimes on the road with the team told me that ... and it's a fact that Koivu and Rivet never talk to Ribeiro and every journalist that follows the club knows about it but they don't talk about it

Old
12-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Duff88

Quote:
good sources who are around the club and that are sometimes on the road with the team told me that ... and it's a fact that Koivu and Rivet never talk to Ribeiro and every journalist that follows the club knows about it but they don't talk about it
Yeah I agree Ribeiro, Rivet and Koivu never talk together but that doesn't mean that Koivu and Rivet asked to the coach to give him less ice time. And even if they would have done it, even if that's not what I think, it would have been a lack of guts from the coach to accept.

Old
12-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Yeah I agree Ribeiro, Rivet and Koivu never talk together but that doesn't mean that Koivu and Rivet asked to the coach to give him less ice time. And even if they would have done it, even if that's not what I think, it would have been a lack of guts from the coach to accept.
perhaps it's not the coach who decided to bench him ... and by the way do you find it strange that there was a rumour about Peca for Koivu ?

and i'm not saying to trade Koivu for nothing, but if you get something interesting in return, it's about time that we send him away

Old
12-22-2003, 02:12 PM
Leprechaun

vCash:
Poor you ! You're going to be blast here 'cause a lot of people here (not the majority I think) don't like Ribeiro.

In my case, I believe you after seeing Koivu acting on ice and on the bench when Ribeiro's doing good...

Old
12-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun
Poor you ! You're going to be blast here 'cause a lot of people here (not the majority I think) don't like Ribeiro.

In my case, I believe you after seeing Koivu acting on ice and on the bench when Ribeiro's doing good...
how can you not like Ribeiro ? small guy, who passes the puck extremely well, puts on a good show ... anyway, that's just my opinion about Ribeiro ....

Old
12-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:

I think any coach would laugh at a players who complain about another player who does'nt even play on the same line.

You are mixing differents stories (and deform them) that you've heard everywhere and then claim it ¨the truth¨....oh well i suppose you are listening to your favorite radio a bit too much lately

Old
12-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun
Well when the played together on the same PP unit and scored they looked like teammates . This story about Koivu who's jalous of Ribeiro is pure **** .

Old
12-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Mike8

Garbage thread.

Old
12-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Why dont we trade Koivu and Rivet for a bag of pucks and give Mike "God" Ribeiro all the ice time he wants. I dont know about anybody else, but im sick and tired of this Koivu vs Ribeiro affair. Koivu is our number 1 center, Ribeiro is our number 2 center and thats where it ends.

Old
12-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
anyway i'll keep koivu over Ribeiro anyday of my life !

Old
12-22-2003, 05:19 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Garbage thread.
yes , please close it ! it's going nowhere ...

Old
12-22-2003, 05:19 PM
deandebean

Even though he's right about the clans, it's old news and irrelevant these days. I don't think Koivu is on the trading block and, to tell you the truth, I wouldn't trade him at all. He's been VERY good the last 3-4 games.

Old
12-22-2003, 05:32 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Another one of those "my sources tell me" threads - oh joy. Thanks, Mr. Cronkite. Well, how's this for a source to discredit yours? Earlier, during the morning practice, Koivu was mentoring 22-year-old teammate Mike Ribeiro in faceoffs, except the pupil was having his way with the teacher. The captain wins one, loses one, then another, yet another, and still one more. Four straight he loses, scrapping so futilely that he's about to topple over but smiling wider with each swipe and miss. At the conclusion, Koivu reels in and embraces his teammate.

Unless these two have had a major falling out since Koivu's battle with cancer, which can be corroborated in print by someone other than only your secret non-french source, then stop reporting this as fact. Like Mike8 said, this thread is garbage.

Old
12-22-2003, 05:53 PM
HCH

Quote:
Ribeiro is 8th on the team in total ice time and with about 5 defensemen ahead of him, that leaves only two forwards with more ice time than Ribeiro. That isn't bad for a 2nd line center.

What are you complaining about... or are you just trolling?

Old
12-22-2003, 05:58 PM
mcphee

This kind of garbage is unfair to both players. One is an established veteran who should go because apparently he makes improper facial expressions when the other scores and the other is a good young player whose qualities are being overshadowed by being used to further some weird agenda. Let 'em play, enjoy, I thought that was the point. I could care less whether they hang out or not. Every team I ever played on, I hung out with whoever I had the most in common with, I assume that hasn't changed. One more thing, I think CJ controls icetime.

Old
12-22-2003, 06:29 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
Ribeiro is 8th on the team in total ice time and with about 5 defensemen ahead of him, that leaves only two forwards with more ice time than Ribeiro. That isn't bad for a 2nd line center.

What are you complaining about... or are you just trolling?
i agree to this %100. this thread should be deleted it, unless someone proves its relevence with a source other them a nomad that hangs with the team.

Old
12-22-2003, 07:30 PM
habsfansam

Quote:
journalists don't travel with the habs anymore... gainey put an end to that, so unless it comes from an interview conducted by the press, or your friend is markov, brian savage (good buddy of Captain K), or sheldon souray, and unless you can provide your source... it's BS.

find another site to bother...

Old
12-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Wow, that's big news. I also hear in 1961 Micky Mantle and Roger Marris hated one another and couldn't stand to be in the same room. They even exchanged blows on a number of occasions.

I also hear that the real power in the Canadiens organization resides within a clique of players including Chad Kilger, Pat Traverse, and Matheiu Garon. I hear we had a deal for Ryan Smyth worked out but that the clique nixed it at the last minute because Ryan called Chad's sister a fat cow at the team Xmas party in Edmonton back in 2000.

Old
12-22-2003, 07:53 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
I also hear that the real power in the Canadiens organization resides within a clique of players including Matheiu Garon.
okay I give up ... Garon wins against Detroit, the Flyers score 5 goals on Thédore ... Garon is the net in the second game against the Flyers ... Thédore is there to beat the Penguins, and the Blue Jackets I guess ... oh and by the way Thédore is so great, he won 1 round in playoffs after giving up 18 goals in the series ... oh also I guess it's just unluck that the Leafs scored on him, when the puck deflected on Bouillon, because he's 5'5 and he's always on his knees as if he were 6'2

Old
12-22-2003, 07:59 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
okay I give up ... Garon wins against Detroit, the Flyers score 5 goals on Thédore ... Garon is the net in the second game against the Flyers ... Thédore is there to beat the Penguins, and the Blue Jackets I guess ... oh and by the way Thédore is so great, he won 1 round in playoffs after giving up 18 goals in the series ... oh also I guess it's just unluck that the Leafs scored on him, when the puck deflected on Bouillon, because he's 5'5 and he's always on his knees as if he were 6'2
man quit diss'n theo. and he's 5"11

Closed Thread