HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT- De la Hoya vs. Mayweather

Old
05-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

vCash: 500
******** decision. De La Hoya do all the the fight and Mayweather receive all the glory.

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 12:10 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilooet View Post
You've got to be kidding me.
Not that I'm much of a boxing afficianado, but the best match I've ever seen was the Klitchko vs Lewis match. Aside from the decision, it was a fantastic fight.

05-06-2007, 12:16 AM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
Don King by decision.

Yep i was right. Now surprisingly THE FIGHT WAS SO TIGHT THEY NEED TO MAKE A REVANGE $$$$$. lol

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Namso

mayweather had this fight all along. Anyone saying dela hoya won probably didn't watch it. I wouldn't have disagreed with a draw, but no way did de la hoya win that.

the fight only got good at the end though.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 12:49 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
So it was a win via split decision?

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 12:59 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
So it was a win via split decision?
yeah, i personally though Mayweather had a better technical match and should have won unanimously. Good match from a technical standpoint, but whenever a guy fights a defensesive fight(mayweather) it doesn't make for the most entertaining fight to watch.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 01:11 AM
Habs_Apostle

Floyd demonstrated the great little man can in fact beat the good big man. This should have been a clear unanimous decision for Floyd. The one judge was on crack. Floyd landed the the cleaner, more effective blows consistently. De La Hoya's flurries with Floyd on the ropes may have drew cheers from the pro De La Hoya crowd, but the punches were largely ineffective. Props to Floyd on a great performance.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 01:56 AM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
Yup, agree with the last 2 posters. Mayweather fought the better techinical fight, and should have won the fight unanimously.

DJyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 10:18 AM
J-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJyellow View Post
Yup, agree with the last 2 posters. Mayweather fought the better techinical fight, and should have won the fight unanimously.
Agreed.

De La Hoya was the most active, but in almost all of the rounds Mayweather had the most punches landed, most power punches landed, best accuracy...

I had it at 116-112 Mayweather, but it could have been 117-111 as well because the last round was pretty even.

I agree on the classless part though. Sombrero, Mexican colors?! Little childish if you ask me, and that's in part why the crowd was behind Oscar.

Mayweather is just damn too fast.

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D View Post
Agreed.

De La Hoya was the most active, but in almost all of the rounds Mayweather had the most punches landed, most power punches landed, best accuracy...

I had it at 116-112 Mayweather, but it could have been 117-111 as well because the last round was pretty even.

I agree on the classless part though. Sombrero, Mexican colors?! Little childish if you ask me, and that's in part why the crowd was behind Oscar.

Mayweather is just damn too fast.
Agreed on all accounts. The judge who had it scored 115-113 De La Hoya was senile. By the end of round 8 Maywheather had it in the bag. All those flurries by De La Hoya were useless, especially the bodyshots where he couldn't even land them cleanly and eevryone was going crazy. His left jab was good but even then it was highly overrated. Everyone was way biased in favour of Oscar and it reflected in the judge's scoring.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 11:13 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

This fight sure did not live up to the hype. It was said to be the fight of the century... I personally was very disappointed, and I'm glad I didn't have to pay 55 bucks to see this on PPV. Mayweather deserved to win unanimously as he landed way more punches, and looked in total control the whole way - although the crowd made it sound as though Oscar was right in it by cheering everytime he would throw some punches, eventhough many of them did not connect most of the time.

didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

... so disappointed in the outcome of the fight... i thought oscar could impose his size on floyd after that second round but he never really gainned enough momentum from that point on... overall it was a good but not very good fight... mayweather deserved the decision... if oscar had won the fight it would have been a great fight as it would have been more action packed bout... mayweather fought his fight and out-boxed de la hoya... he did what de la hoya did to trinidad to mayweather... don't think there is any real need of a rematch oscar's not getting any younger... there are some guys for mayweather to fight... if hatton continues his role maybe that could be a good bout... anyhow made for a decent night.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 12:39 PM
tinyzombies

I thought it was close. I'd like to see it again. At least Mayweather didn't run. It was more entertaining than I expected too.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Drive425

The fight was a snooze fest, for me anyways...I thought that Mayweather Sr's interview before the match and the fact that Mayweather Sr. was sitting in a seat Delahoya gave him was pretty funny. Anyone catch that line from Sr."Well, you know, let me say it like this...blood is thicker then mud" When asked who he was rooting for. I nearly fell off the couch laughing.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote