HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Preds vs. Wings 12/20/2003

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 07:48 AM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
GDT: Preds vs. Wings 12/20/2003

Going to be an exciting game. If we keep playing like we have been everythings bound to all come together at once. Let's just hope it's tonite!

Old
12-20-2003, 08:53 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Absolutely mandatory that we get two points out of this game...good god we're sucking right about now.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:54 AM
Radulov for Czar*

all you people starting my thread..

Let's make the Dead Things feel the 7th man tonight guys!

Old
12-20-2003, 09:47 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
all you people starting my thread..

Let's make the Dead Things feel the 7th man tonight guys!
I'll be there tonite and it better not be a sea of red!!!! :mad:

Old
12-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Radulov for Czar*

if anyone has a ticket for sale for relatively cheap, PM me and let me know. I tried the Preds, but it's lookin like all the cheapies are gone.

Old
12-20-2003, 03:26 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs

Go Preds!

Old
12-20-2003, 04:35 PM
WuRtZLeSs

0-0 after two - I like the Pred's chances in the third

Old
12-20-2003, 05:02 PM
WuRtZLeSs

HAMHUIS!! 1-0 Preds!

Rainin' Catfish

Old
12-20-2003, 05:20 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Give it up for the Preds!

1-0 Final

Sellout crowd watches the Pred's knock off Detroit, Vokoun with his 10th career shutout.

Vokoun > Detroit

The avatar stays

Old
12-20-2003, 05:23 PM
Canadian Chris

Atta bud HAMMY!!!!!!!!!!

Old
12-20-2003, 05:41 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

that was a SWEET goal, too.

CC, you'll do yourself well to watch the highlight on nhl.com. same as the atlanta goal...the puck came to him out of the penalty box and he broke in and beat cujo in a sick way.

Old
12-20-2003, 05:51 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Glad I kept the avatar

I saw that Vokoun got a penalty, what happened?

Old
12-20-2003, 06:00 PM
WuRtZLeSs

He smacked Datsyuk

Old
12-20-2003, 07:18 PM
crossxcheck

No one's said it yet, but eaton, hamhuis, and zidlicky played a damn good game. IMO that's the best I've seen zman playing defensively all season.

Might not have been the prettiest win, but 2 points is 2 points and it shut up all the trash talkers sitting near me at the game.

VO-KOUN!!!

Getting rid of the vokoun avatars was a brilliant plan.

Old
12-20-2003, 07:23 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
No one's said it yet, but eaton, hamhuis, and zidlicky played a damn good game. IMO that's the best I've seen zman playing defensively all season.

Might not have been the prettiest win, but 2 points is 2 points and it shut up all the trash talkers sitting near me at the game.

VO-KOUN!!!

Getting rid of the vokoun avatars was a brilliant plan.

whitney is dangerous on the break, and zids shut him down. i did notice that. gotta give york props on setting up hamhuis on that goal.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Wow, WHAT A GAME! I got to go see this one, and it was so much fun. Easily the best experience I have had at the Gaylord in awhile. The place was rocking, and you should have heard it when Hamhuis got the goal! IT was INSANE!!!!!!! Was it just me or did our PK, which was utter crap in Montreal, totally dominate Detroit. Poetic justice for Hamhuis as that penalty on him never should have been called to begin with, but thats life eh ! Another thing I noticed (or was it just me).....Arhkipov played pretty darn good tonight. He had the Predators first 3 shots on goal and he looked like he was actually playing hard out there!

Anways, did anyone stop by the auctions at the beginning of the night??? Scott Hartnell was signing autographs for free for anyone. Me and my girlfriend got two free pictures signed, our jersey's signed, and a hat signed.

What a night!!!

One last thing:

Eaton What else do I need to say???

Old
12-20-2003, 10:14 PM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
How 'bout them Nashville Predators! Wooohooo!

Great job boys! Congrats Vokoun , first shutout of the season and first ever by the Preds over Detroit. There's nothing like seeing Gnash body slam a squid after the game! Like the car tags said, ďDeath before Iím a Red Wings fan!Ē

Great game all around. Very exciting. Great saves at both ends. Iím not even going to mention the officiating...we all know it wasnít great, on both sides calls were let go. Great job by our boys!

Deadthing fans still can't handle losing to the Predators. I was in Rippy's after the game and the band asked about the game. We started cheering for the Preds and this guy stands up and says, "They act like they won a freaking cup. Who won the cup, who won the cup?" To which we calmly replied, "New Jersey. You got swept in the first round!" Then he came back with "Who's in first place?" We said, "Well you're only tied with St.Louis. But who won tonight?" The silence of his answer was golden.

Old
12-20-2003, 10:49 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
just now getting home from the 600 mile round trip journey awesome game and atmasphere. BTW has anyone noticed Stevenson lately. I think he's been playing some good solid hockey lately

Old
12-21-2003, 12:07 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Our PK looked good. One of the biggest differences is Eaton got much more PK time than he did against Montreal. He lead our team with 8 minutes of PK. More than any other Predator by over a minute. Less York + More Eaton = No Complaints.

As much as I loved Hamhuis' goal, he still had a crucial giveaway that led to a great chance by Datsyuk. That could have easily been the game there. He has got to be more solid about his cross ice passes.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:05 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

-hillbilly

Did you go by and get Hartnells autograph? I tried to tell people he was down there...

-Smokey

Your right. I remember that giveaway. It was right when our PP was expiring, and it was a bad pass. Thankfully, he made up for it later in the game. Its like Trotz said in the post-game interview: Hamhuis is a rookie. Sometimes he is superb out there, and some times he struggles.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:06 AM
hillbilly

diddo for Hutchinson on the giveaways had some really bad ones. On a side note I didn't like sitting on the far end of the arena. the 5 previous hockey games I've been to I always sit close to the blue line. It's cool that you get to see one end really good and all but I couldn't see a dang thing towards the other end. was also Pist that Bootland declined tootoo's challenge

Old
12-21-2003, 06:07 AM
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
-hillbilly

Did you go by and get Hartnells autograph? I tried to tell people he was down there...

-Smokey

Your right. I remember that giveaway. It was right when our PP was expiring, and it was a bad pass. Thankfully, he made up for it later in the game. Its like Trotz said in the post-game interview: Hamhuis is a rookie. Sometimes he is superb out there, and some times he struggles.
no where was Hartnell? I went to the game with a wings fan last night but when you live 300 miles from nashville and someone says they want to go to the game you don't care who they pull for anymore.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:20 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
-hillbilly

-Smokey

Fortunately it didn't cost us. He more than atoned for it. I thought he was ok out there, but I don't categorize his pass as a rookie mistake. It was just a brain fart. All really young D are going to have plenty. With Hamhuis, we've been able to keep those out of the net. I'll take 100 bad giveaways that don't result in goals any day of the week. As long as Hammy's blasting pucks by goalies.

I give Hamhuis major kudos just for shooting the puck. That puck, in the hands of Timonen, would have been nothing. Timonen would have tried to force the puck onto Legwands stick to no avail.

Did anyone read where Cujo said he thought that we were offsides on the play. Of all the bad angles to have, being that low on the ice in your goalie crease has to be bad. I'm sure he's just whining.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:33 AM
crossxcheck

And what about zman's checking last night?!?

Old
12-21-2003, 06:47 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Fortunately it didn't cost us. He more than atoned for it. I thought he was ok out there, but I don't categorize his pass as a rookie mistake. It was just a brain fart. All really young D are going to have plenty. With Hamhuis, we've been able to keep those out of the net. I'll take 100 bad giveaways that don't result in goals any day of the week. As long as Hammy's blasting pucks by goalies.

I give Hamhuis major kudos just for shooting the puck. That puck, in the hands of Timonen, would have been nothing. Timonen would have tried to force the puck onto Legwands stick to no avail.

Did anyone read where Cujo said he thought that we were offsides on the play. Of all the bad angles to have, being that low on the ice in your goalie crease has to be bad. I'm sure he's just whining.
Since Legwand got tackled on the play I think Kimmo would have shot it too.

Closed Thread