HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

All-Time Draft #7, Part IV

Old
05-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Leaf Lander

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
bm67 is on the clock

i doubt that he is going to be on tonight

give him an hr an call it a night

he will be up early for sure!

Leaf Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
bm67 is on the clock

i doubt that he is going to be on tonight

give him an hr an call it a night

he will be up early for sure!
Yay, he gets up early in the east, meaning I have to wake up at what 5:00am on a Saturday morning.

I'll be up........

Kids got practice tomorrow

Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 11:49 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnasaurus View Post
Pit selects G Charlie Hodge
Thanks for announcing my pick.

Hodge gives us a capable backup who is a two-time Vezina winner, a two-time post-season all star, and a two-time Cup winner. I really like Roach and Moran (they were the next two guys on my list) but the one thing that separated Hodge for me is that he is shown he is capable being effective while playing a reduced workload, which is a tough thing to do mentally. Given that Hall was an iron man and Smith is a more than capable backup, the likelyhood of Hodge even seeing the ice is slim-to-none, but to have a goalie who's shown he can step into that position is important.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 01:55 AM
God Bless Canada

Thanks for the help, HO. We're pleased to add Roach to our organization. He was one of three goalies we keyed on for our third goalie spot, along with Resch and Hodge. We're certainly delighted that we got our third goalie now, because there isn't much left in terms of draft-calibre goalies. Lots of good goalies, but very few goalies I'd want on my roster.

HO pretty much covered all the career highlights in his post. Does anyone have Roach's uniform number?

We actually expect Roach to start around 10-15 games in the regular season. Of course, that's dependent on whether Fuhr decides he wants to have one of his crease hog seasons. He did set the league record for GP in a season twice. (75 games in 87-88 and a still league record 79 games, including a single season record for consecutive games played, in 1995-96.) If Fuhr decides to do that, then Rollins and Roach will have about as much work as the Maytag repairman.

And note to FI#2: you can't criticize his post-forward pass era play. His all-star year came after the forward pass was implemented.

That's it for the Smokies. I love the look of my team

And props to everyone for this draft. Lots of great discussion. The rookies have done well. A couple of them have really stepped in and stepped up. I never thought we'd finish this in about eight weeks (which is the same amount of time it took to complete 480 picks in the last draft), especially after we had 10 picks in three days.

Smokies evaluation will be out as soon as the draft is done. As I stated earlier, I am now fielding requests for evaluations. HO, Murphy and the Inmate also do good reviews. (Although I think TI#2 should be discouraged from doing a recap on Vegas).

Last edited by God Bless Canada: 05-12-2007 at 02:01 AM.
God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Nalyd Psycho

hehe, now 16 of my 24 minor league draft players are taken. It's funny, took him as my starter over Konovalenko, but now I took Kono over him, just a matter of needs. But. Roach is an excellent pick.

Just so you know LL, the sweater numbers on my players aren't all accurate as I changed all redundant numbers. I tried to find numbers they wore after a trade or early in their career, but a couple times I couldn't, and I don't think Benedict ever had a #.

05-12-2007, 02:20 AM
pnep

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
Does anyone have Roach's uniform number?

pnep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 02:21 AM
God Bless Canada

I also changed redundent numbers. I think the only way I would have allowed two players to have the same number is if I would have landed Linden. I already have a No. 16 in Henri Richard, but Linden automatically gets No. 16.

With raleh's pick, all of the defencemen have now been selected. This draft started top-heavy on defence and it stayed that way. There was one defencemen passed over who I am amazed has lasted this long. An excellent offensive defenceman with a tough, physical dimension. I would have picked him as my No. 7, but had concerns about defensive coverage, work ethic and character - three musts for any extra on my roster. I won't say who it is, simply because some GMs might be upset if I let the cat out of the bag, and we have a minor league draft. (I can tell you right now that due to my schedule for the next two months, there's no way I'll be able to do a minor league draft).

Thanks for the help, too, pnep. Always there with a uni number.

Old
05-12-2007, 02:26 AM
Nalyd Psycho

There's still two d-men I was debating over for the 7th spot, but, Egan in a 7th spot is just awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Nalyd Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 05:16 AM
BM67

The New Jersey Devils are pleased to select one of the "Little Men of Iron" in a Cup winner with 4 teams and a jack-of-all-trades at F/D

John C. (Jack) Marshall

Quote:
Jack Marshall was one of Montreal's finest all-around athletes in the first half of the 20th century, starring at rugby, soccer, baseball, lacrosse, and bowling, in addition to hockey. His hockey record can be traced back to the Montreal Pointe Charles High School teams of 1884 to 1898 where he also played on three Caledonia Cup soccer championship teams.

He was a member of the Montreal AAA when they defeated his old club from Winnipeg for the Stanley Cup in March 1902. The team would become known as the "Little Men of Iron" and went on to defeat the Victorias again for the Cup in February 1903. Marshall would go on to play for Cup-winning teams in 1907 and 1910 with the Montreal Wanderers and in 1914 as the playing manager of the Toronto Blueshirts. He led the FAHL in scoring with 11 goals, of which six were scored in one game, in 1904 and again in 1905 with 17 goals in eight games. He tallied a five-goal game in each of the 1907 and 1908 seasons and is the only player in hockey history to win the Cup with four different teams.
Quote:
Jack Marshall was Jack Marshall, and that is enough.
- Torontos Defeat Victorias and Hold the Stanley Cup - The Toronto Star

Quote:
Hired by Toronto as player-coach in 1913 when the club entered the NHA, he guided Toronto to the Stanley Cup in 1914 and starred in a playoff series at the age of 37. He scored six goals in a game once and five goals twice in his early career.
- Hockey's Hall of Fame

Quote:
Marshall's robust skating style earned him the nickname the "Human Locomotive." He was a fine all-around player, a true jack-of-all-trades, who played the wings, at center, and at point. He was also a pioneer, being among the first players in eastern Canada to adopt the tube skate. In 16 seasons, Marshall appeared in 132 games, scoring 99 times. He picked up another 13 goals in 18 career Cup games. By career's end, he had captured the Cup a remarkable six times, a record that endured for some 50 years.
- Ultimate Hockey

Last edited by BM67: 05-12-2007 at 05:57 PM.
BM67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Murphy

The Edmonton Oilers select an old personal favourite: Mike Palmateer

Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Leaf Lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
hehe, now 16 of my 24 minor league draft players are taken. It's funny, took him as my starter over Konovalenko, but now I took Kono over him, just a matter of needs. But. Roach is an excellent pick.

Just so you know LL, the sweater numbers on my players aren't all accurate as I changed all redundant numbers. I tried to find numbers they wore after a trade or early in their career, but a couple times I couldn't, and I don't think Benedict ever had a #.

any # that u dont know what the sweater number is for certain then please out a exclamation point after the number

e.g. #4!

Old
05-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Zetterberg4Captain*

If I am up please skip me because I think I may be the only one in need of a coach and even if I am not skip me anyways.

Zetterberg4Captain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 10:59 AM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_Lebda View Post
If I am up please skip me because I think I may be the only one in need of a coach and even if I am not skip me anyways.
4 teams need a coach.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 12:01 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

G - Evgeni Nabokov

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 01:05 PM
vancityluongo

Winnipeg selects Canucks hero: Tony Tanti

Quote:
Tony Tanti
During the 1982-83 season, the Canucks were looking to boost their goal-scoring and took a chance by sending dependable Curt Fraser to the Chicago Black Hawks for an unproven rookie named Tony Tanti. As a junior with Oshawa, Tanti had broken scoring records set earlier by Wayne Gretzky and the locals, of course, were hoping he'd bring that scoring touch to the west coast. And he did. In his first full season as a Canuck (1983-84), he set a new club mark with 45 goals and added 41 assists for 86 points. He followed that up with 39, 39, 41 and 40-goal seasons, respectively. In eight Canuck seasons, Tanti totalled 250 goals and 220 assist for 470 points and he remains fifth overall in team scoring. He concluded his NHL career with brief stints in Pittsburgh and Buffalo and then resurrected it by playing five seasons in Berlin, Germany. He now resides in West Vancouver and is an agent for a wholesale flooring business.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Spitfire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_Lebda View Post
Thanks Lebda

LL takes LW Darcy Tucker

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 01:09 PM
vancityluongo

Damn, I want to change my pick..... Oh well.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Spitfire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Damn, I want to change my pick..... Oh well.
Go a head, I'm sure no one will mind, especially in the very last round!

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 02:29 PM
God Bless Canada

E-Speak sent me a list a couple days ago, which included his preference for a coach. I'll post this pick, and if he wants to change it, I'm sure nobody will have a problem, even though there are two GMs who need a coach (Lapierre and Lebda). Besides, with this pick, why would the Speaker want a change, he's a pretty good coach and a wonderful human being. The Boston Bruins select: coach Roger Neilson.

If VCL wants to change his pick, I don't think it's that big of a deal, especially since everyone else has their 13th forward.

Old
05-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Wisent

Anyone can take my pick?

Wisent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

The Saskatoon Blues select Art Ross, Coach.

Old
05-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent View Post
Anyone can take my pick?
I will be here for a while!

Old
05-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Leaf Lander

The Leafs are Proud to confirm the pick of a heart and souler player in current Leafs Darcy Tucker as there last piece of there all time team!!

Quote:
Darcy Tucker LW/RWis a under sized pest who plays at full speed all the time.He brings a little bit of everything to the playing ice arena.He can kill penalties and can contribute to the powerplay.Always comes to play and forechecks very well. Provides an energy boost for his team every shift and has a decent set of hands around the net. Is absolutely fearless on the ice.Darcy has a knack for getting in the open and he wins battles for the puck using his quickness and ferocious competitiveness.He is a dangerous prescence when shooting from the half point.A valued soldier and a team sparkplug!

The industrious forward was chosen 151st overall by the Montreal Canadiens in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft. After scoring 93 points in 74 games he won the AHL Rookie award the Dudley "Red" Garrett Memorial Award.

Tucker went on to play parts of three seasons in Montreal before being dealt to the Tampa Bay in January 1998. Upon his arrival with the Bolts, Tucker went on to score 21 goals during the 1998-99 season and played the better part of the 1999-00 season before being dealt to the Maple Leafs in the latter stages of the season.

During the 2001-02 Darcy had a career high in goals with 24 and points with 59 and continued to be one of the Leafs hardest workers. 05-06 was Darcy's finest season he was a jewell in a season that was torpedoed in january by a month and a half long losing streak. Tucker is partially responsable for the Leafs late season drive for the playoffs.He is maturing into a leader on our maple leafs team. He hates to loose and wants to leave his mark with the leafs.Only a sucessful long playoff drive into June will satisfy this great maple leaf and the fans will continue to love him even if he doesnt deliver what we all covet the most in the middle of June.

GM - Leaf Lander
Coach -Paul Maurice
Captain Doug Gilmour
Alternative -Tim Horton
Alternative -Mats Sundin
Alternative -Guy Carbonneau

#14 Dave Andreychuk-#93 Doug Gilmour-#20 Mike Bossy
#8 Alexander Ovechkin -#13 Mats Sundin-#11 Daniel Alfredsson
#8 Joe Klukay-#21 Guy Carbonneau - -#25 Darren McCarty
#94 Ryan Smyth -#11 Bill Hay -#9! Billy Gilmour
#16 Darcy Tucker

#7 Tim Horton -#27 Scott Niedermayer
#21 Bobby Baun-#3 Zdeno Chara
#33 Al Iafrate- # 4 CG Drinkwater
#15 Tomas Kaberle

# 30 Mike Vernon
# 1 Alec Connell
#1 Frank McCool

Last edited by Leaf Lander: 05-14-2007 at 01:53 AM.
Old
05-12-2007, 07:21 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
The Aurora Tigers select as their 3rd goaltender:

Arturs Irbe

Since the 3rd goaltender is fairly irrelevant anyways, I've decided to collect the entire set of Great Latvian Ice Hockey Players (it's a small set). He and Ozolinsh can wrestle bears together (or whatever it is Latvians do) in the press box.

His Latvininity notwithstanding, I feel Irbe is a great fit anyways. He's a guy who's proven he can play with the best of them by beeing selected to two allstar games and putting together some fantastic playoff runs, but has also had experience as a backup (and even 3rd stringer). He's also been extremely well-liked wherever he's been, and from what I hear is a great guy off the ice. Hockey runs in his blood (well, I assume it does because his pads seem to be family heirlooms from the early 20th century). He will make benefit glorious nation of Aurora.

Last edited by arrbez: 05-12-2007 at 08:00 PM.
arrbez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 07:52 PM
kruezer

Seattle is proud to add G Richard Brodeur, good character guy, with the ability to go on long playoff runs if necessary.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote