HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All things New Jerseys

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-10-2007, 09:23 PM
  #76
allcar67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
The Rangers new uniforms will probably be the same design as they are currently just with new material and a bit tighter (like they used to be).
That's what I've heard. I have also heard that the NHL is going back to the "home whites" and "road darks" and getting rid of all 3rd jerseys.

allcar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
  #77
allcar67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
I wish they'd return to white uniforms at home. I know why they go with the colors at home now but I miss the white at home.
They are supposed to.

allcar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 01:00 AM
  #78
mucker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Let's Be Safe!
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
1) Why is the NHL returning to home "white" jerseys? Why did they change the rule a few years ago any way? I always prefered home "white" shirts.

2) Why is the NHL eliminating the third jersey, that is my favorite one for the Rangers. Will they bring it back the following year, I heard that discuessed.

3) When and why did the Rangers get rid of their 4th jersey, again I really liked and would want it back.

4) When did the Rangers add the laces atop their jerseys?

5) When did the Rangers get rid of "New York" diagnolly for "Rangers" of their road jerseys?

6) Has anybody heard rumors of their new jersey design, is it essentially the same thing just new fabric and shape?
I would like it if the road blue had "New York" instead of "Rangers" like the Yanks got.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 07:27 AM
  #79
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iglooed View Post
1) Why is the NHL returning to home "white" jerseys? Why did they change the rule a few years ago any way? I always prefered home "white" shirts.

2) Why is the NHL eliminating the third jersey, that is my favorite one for the Rangers. Will they bring it back the following year, I heard that discuessed.

3) When and why did the Rangers get rid of their 4th jersey, again I really liked and would want it back.

4) When did the Rangers add the laces atop their jerseys?

5) When did the Rangers get rid of "New York" diagnolly for "Rangers" of their road jerseys?

6) Has anybody heard rumors of their new jersey design, is it essentially the same thing just new fabric and shape?
I would like it if the road blue had "New York" instead of "Rangers" like the Yanks got.
The answer more or less to all of your questions is to sell more jerseys. The switch the home and 3rd jerseys around to force the rabid fan to buy more jerseys.

They change the home jersey and the fans go out and buy that to match their team. Then they change it back to get the other fans to match the team. They'll "get rid" of the 3rd jersey so fans think its done, they'll buy a home or away jersey then the team will reintroduce the 3rd again.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 08:36 AM
  #80
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
The answer more or less to all of your questions is to sell more jerseys. The switch the home and 3rd jerseys around to force the rabid fan to buy more jerseys.

They change the home jersey and the fans go out and buy that to match their team. Then they change it back to get the other fans to match the team. They'll "get rid" of the 3rd jersey so fans think its done, they'll buy a home or away jersey then the team will reintroduce the 3rd again.
Youre right, I was just checking out what rangers stuff was on ebay and I've never seen so many home blue lace ups for auction on there until now...

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 04:04 PM
  #81
score77
Registered User
 
score77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hopatcong NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to score77
All you ppl who say there going to whites at home, can i have a link? All i could find was John Buccigross saying it might happen and the st. louis guy on eklunds site saying its what he heard. I don't believe it and hope they stay with darks.

score77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 04:55 PM
  #82
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!
 
EventHorizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Budd Lake, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by score77 View Post
All you ppl who say there going to whites at home, can i have a link? All i could find was John Buccigross saying it might happen and the st. louis guy on eklunds site saying its what he heard. I don't believe it and hope they stay with darks.
You won't find a link; it's an unconfirmed rumor. I hope it's not true. I'm actually assuming it's not true because when teams start using third jerseys again in 2 years, the same 'carrying two uniforms on the road' problem will occur.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 04:57 PM
  #83
score77
Registered User
 
score77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hopatcong NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to score77
Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
You won't find a link; it's an unconfirmed rumor. I hope it's not true. I'm actually assuming it's not true because when teams start using third jerseys again in 2 years, the same 'carrying two uniforms on the road' problem will occur.
Thats what i thought and i'm tired of ppl reporting it around here like its a well known fact.

score77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 05:11 PM
  #84
BlueShirtsFan86
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Is there any news when they will be revealing the new Uniforms for the team?

And I hope they do keep darks at home. I'd rather see the Home Team wearing their colors then see plain and boring white... I know there are alot of fans of the White, but it really does nothing for me compared to the Ranger Blue!

BlueShirtsFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 05:22 PM
  #85
ThisYearsModel
Registered User
 
ThisYearsModel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
It's not a bad idea in theory, but I remember a game a few years ago between the Rangers and the Habs. It was some throwback game honoring former Canadians and the teams each more their darks since that's what they did in the old days. Even though they didn't wear the same colored jersey it was confusing as hell because they each wear blue helmets and blue pants... after the 1st intermission the Habs were wearing white helmets to alleviate confusion which helped but it also looked horrible.

There's more to consider than just the jerseys, the entire outfit is important.

I like seeing blue for the Rangers but I hate seeing the same white jerseyed opposition every game. Like the OHL, the ECHL wears lights at home for the 1st half then dark the 2nd half.
Rangers have always worn red pants.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 06:28 PM
  #86
score77
Registered User
 
score77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hopatcong NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to score77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Rangers have always worn red pants.
Rangers wore blue pants with these throw back jerseys


Last edited by score77: 05-11-2007 at 06:34 PM.
score77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 07:13 PM
  #87
cr7
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Old Trafford
Country: England
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by score77 View Post
Rangers wore blue pants with these throw back jerseys
tat jersez + pants r nice...

cr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 07:45 PM
  #88
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
I want a callhan jersey & a Giradi Jersey!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 08:56 PM
  #89
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,331
vCash: 500
Meh I prefer the dark jerseys anyways. Much easier to keep clean.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 09:54 PM
  #90
ThisYearsModel
Registered User
 
ThisYearsModel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by score77 View Post
Rangers wore blue pants with these throw back jerseys
I stand corrected, however I watched that game in MTL and they wore their traditional uniforms, no?

John Ferguson still deserves to be shot for screwing up the uniforms and making us lokk like the Winnipeg Jets. He should also be shot for hiring Jean Guy Talbot as coach, who wore a sweatsuit behind the bench. What a dope.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 10:25 PM
  #91
gilles lupien
 
gilles lupien's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
the rangers should have different pants to switch to. those red ones look crappy after a while when they get wet.


i know this is my first post. not the most appropriate first post, but whatayagonnadooo.

gilles lupien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 10:38 PM
  #92
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilles lupien View Post
the rangers should have different pants to switch to. those red ones look crappy after a while when they get wet.


i know this is my first post. not the most appropriate first post, but whatayagonnadooo.
Regardless of the quality of the post, welcome

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 03:40 PM
  #93
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,874
vCash: 500
So now that the season is over, when are they unveiling the new jerseys?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 03:47 PM
  #94
MrAlfie
 
MrAlfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rehab
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
So now that the season is over, when are they unveiling the new jerseys?
id guess on draft day when the draftees get their jerseys handed to them?

then again there are teams who dont have a 1st round pick, right?
so that would be kinda stupid..

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 08:26 PM
  #95
score77
Registered User
 
score77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hopatcong NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to score77
Washington will show there new red whit blue jerseys for the first time at the draft, thats all i have heard about the new jerseys.

score77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 08:37 PM
  #96
cr7
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Old Trafford
Country: England
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by score77 View Post
Washington will show there new red whit blue jerseys for the first time at the draft, thats all i have heard about the new jerseys.
red, white and blue...

cr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 08:20 AM
  #97
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrprucha View Post
red, white and blue...
The Caps used to be red, white and blue for a long time you know.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 08:38 AM
  #98
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
The Caps used to be red, white and blue for a long time you know.
red, white and blue







[

While completely pointless, I found this guy while looking for the above, lol.


WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 11:28 AM
  #99
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,006
vCash: 500
Nice!!! hahah

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 01:41 PM
  #100
TrueBlue9
Registered User
 
TrueBlue9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
I wonder if they'll break out the white liberty jersey

TrueBlue9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.