HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantasy Football Championship game

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2003, 12:16 PM
IronMarshal

vCash: 500
Fantasy Football Championship game

The Fantasy Football Championship game between fourth place (reg season) baileyislandflyers and second place (by tie breaks) FlyersPhantoms33 is underway.

Meanwhile the third place game between the self proclaimed "King" and I
(no Yule Brenner jokes here!) is thus far a blow out The King is being crowned (with a crow bar) As my IronMarshal's minions have scored by my count 66 points with David Boston and Freddie Mitchell playing now, and Jason Elam, Reggie Wayne and Marcus Pollard yet to play. The "Queng" has 15 pts. by my count with A. Boldin (AZ) playing and Clinton Portis and Rod Smith to play later.
I think I here that song, Queng! "Turn out the lights the party's over!!!!"

Old
12-22-2003, 01:57 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
Meanwhile the third place game between the self proclaimed "King" and I
(no Yule Brenner jokes here!) is thus far a blow out The King is being crowned (with a crow bar) As my IronMarshal's minions have scored by my count 66 points with David Boston and Freddie Mitchell playing now, and Jason Elam, Reggie Wayne and Marcus Pollard yet to play. The "Queng" has 15 pts. by my count with A. Boldin (AZ) playing and Clinton Portis and Rod Smith to play later.
I think I here that song, Queng! "Turn out the lights the party's over!!!!"
Good work IM!!

Old
12-22-2003, 02:36 AM
IronMarshal

Ding Dong! The Queng is dead!

Yes, that scream of anguish heard round the Delaware Valley last night was that of our beloved KJDV jumping off the Walt Whitman as his team was thoroughly dismantled by the minions of IronMarshal 79 - 41!

As I said before Quenggy, last time you were lucky. The season's record (and stats) bears out who had the better team.

What am I doing bragging? I finished third in the playoffs, nothing to brag about there. But, there is the point that KJDV recieved his comeuppance for all that marvelous trash talking this year (thanks by the way ), and that is certainly worth a gloat or two .

As for the championship, that will be decided tonight (as it should be) when FlyersPhantoms33 sends Ahman Green and Charlie garner against baileyislandflyers' Robert Ferguson and Ryan Longwell. Presently the score is baileyisland 58, FP33 30.

Good Luck guys.

Old
12-22-2003, 03:42 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Ding Dong! The Queng is dead!

Yes, that scream of anguish heard round the Delaware Valley last night was that of our beloved KJDV jumping off the Walt Whitman as his team was thoroughly dismantled by the minions of IronMarshal 79 - 41!

As I said before Quenggy, last time you were lucky. The season's record (and stats) bears out who had the better team.

What am I doing bragging? I finished third in the playoffs, nothing to brag about there. But, there is the point that KJDV recieved his comeuppance for all that marvelous trash talking this year (thanks by the way ), and that is certainly worth a gloat or two .

As for the championship, that will be decided tonight (as it should be) when FlyersPhantoms33 sends Ahman Green and Charlie garner against baileyislandflyers' Robert Ferguson and Ryan Longwell. Presently the score is baileyisland 58, FP33 30.

Good Luck guys.
ALL HAIL THE IRON MARSHALL!!!

Old
12-22-2003, 04:01 AM
Cuiff

Congratulation IRON MARSHALL

Old
12-22-2003, 04:12 AM
Flyers26

It's amazing how the Queen runs his mouth, when he wins, but where is he know???

King??? Show your face!!

Old
12-22-2003, 11:25 AM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
It's amazing how the Queen runs his mouth, when he wins, but where is he know???

King??? Show your face!!
Oh, I'm here! Yes I got beat in a meaningless game, missing both my RB's. Basically, IM had to win just to save face (remember I won the first meeting.) As far as who had the better team, I'll have to remind IM that I scored more points during the regular season than he did. Had he beat me in the finals I'd have given him more props but since we both choked in the semis...well...we'll just have to do it again next year.

It's too bad you didn't play Baroness, I would have upped my win total by 2.

Old
12-22-2003, 02:58 PM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjdv
Oh, I'm here! Yes I got beat in a meaningless game, missing both my RB's. Basically, IM had to win just to save face (remember I won the first meeting.) As far as who had the better team, I'll have to remind IM that I scored more points during the regular season than he did. Had he beat me in the finals I'd have given him more props but since we both choked in the semis...well...we'll just have to do it again next year.

Keep me in mind for next season! I'd be glad to kick your @ss!!!

Old
12-22-2003, 04:45 PM
IronMarshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjdv

Actually you finished 1 point behind me as posted here on our board by YOU! I was Number One bub!
Here are the final stats from my post that week:

"CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That noise you heard was my juggernaught careening off track the last quarter of the season.
Whew!!
I limped in to the playoffs, albeit in first place but still limping.

BTW King, close, but no cigar. I guess its not all hail the King, rather Vive le IronMarshal!!!!

Final regular season records:

Regular Season Standings
Rank Team Name W-L-T Win % PTS Streak
1* IronMarshal 9-4-0 .692 691.00 L-1
2* FlyersPhantoms33 9-4-0 .692 641.00 L-1
3* KingJustDamnVicious 8-4-1 .654 690.00 W-3
4* baileyislandflyers 7-6-0 .538 675.00 W-4
5* FlyerGuy69 6-7-0 .462 640.00 L-1
6* go_kim_johnsson 6-7-0 .462 564.00 L-4
7* Cuiffitelli 5-8-0 .385 626.00 W-1
8* Gagne2433 5-8-0 .385 544.00 W-1
9 daynus1 5-8-0 .385 485.00 L-3
10 Quellet The Dogs Out 4-8-1 .346 496.00 W-1

The season went about as it should. the standings were close, and pretty much anyone could win on any given week. The better teams were sightly better, and some of that was due to injuries to various players, Mike Vick, Chad Pennington and Marshal Faulk come immediately to mind. Before KJDV spouts off about Pennington, he should remember I lost Culpepper for a long period too.

BaileyIsland's 100+ point performance in the last game was amazingly scary!

As for the playoffs, it is going to take some skill and a lot of luck to win.

As for my chances?
Culpepper can't continue to be this unproductive, can he?
Surely Ricky Williams has more than a handful of TD's and 100 yd performances, doesn't he?
Just as surely, Jamal Lewis will continue to gut it out through his shoulder problems.
David Boston is finally starting to come to life, methinks anyway.
What about Peerless Price, now that Vick is back?
Will the Eagles please play LJ Smith a bit more!!!!!!!!!!!?
Jason Elam is healthy now, isn't he?
Dante Hall, you are waaaaayyyy overdue, my man!
And how do I run fantasy football's two top defenses out there at the same time?

Questions, questions, questions.
King, beware, people are gunning for you. I actually hope you survive, I want the pleasure of revenge in knocking off your self annointed crown. Only Napoleon gets away with that in my book.
The IronMarshal has spoken.
"

Not only that, I outscored you in the playoffs badly. Eat some crow big boy. I did when it was my time.

Last edited by IronMarshal: 12-22-2003 at 04:50 PM.
Old
12-23-2003, 09:56 AM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Quote:
Actually you finished 1 point behind me as posted here on our board by YOU! I was Number One bub!
Here are the final stats from my post that week:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-Well apparently somebody doen't like you at Yahoo because for the 2nd straight day the totals read like this-

Rank Team Name W-L-T Win % PTS Streak
1* IronMarshal 9-4-0 .692 691.00 L-1
2* FlyersPhantoms33 9-4-0 .692 641.00 L-1
3* KingJustDamnVicious 8-4-1 .654 692.00 W-3
4* baileyislandflyers 7-6-0 .538 675.00 W-4
5* FlyerGuy69 6-7-0 .462 640.00 L-1
6* go_kim_johnsson 6-7-0 .462 564.00 L-4
7* Cuiffitelli 5-8-0 .385 625.00 W-1
8* Gagne2433 5-8-0 .385 544.00 W-1
9 daynus1 5-8-0 .385 485.00 L-3
10 Quellet The Dogs Out 4-8-1 .346 496.00 W-1
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Not only that, I outscored you in the playoffs badly. Eat some crow big boy. I did when it was my time.
Please! You won a CONSOLATION game Chump! The loss wasn't any worse than the 30pt whooping I gave you in week 9, after you were babling how superior your 2 RB's were.

I do, however, have a proposition for you. SEE THE NEW THREAD...IF YOU HAVE THE GUTS!!!

Closed Thread