HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From a Kings fan to all of you...

Old
05-08-2007, 05:21 AM
westbound65

vCash: 500
From a Kings fan to all of you...

I've always liked Detroit, but never as much as i do now. Seeing you guys outmuscle the sharks was incredible and i loved every minute of it. You guys got a few ex-Kings on there and now with the finals set up against the scum of humanity (the ducks and all of their fans), I'm pulling for you like none other.

I work at a pro shop in anaheim (go figure) and you wouldn't beleive how ignorant to the game most of these anaheim bandwagoners are, (one once asked me what they make the ball out of......he was referring to the puck). I can't tell you how many times I'm helping out a quackpacker and he tells me he just got into hockey this year because the ducks are winning. And no one represents the word arrogant more than a ducks fan. As i was putting up the Red Wings Jerseys next to the ducks jerseys on our Playoff Wall i hear this white trash woman behind me saying to me "Take that garbage down, might as well since they are going down", I just looked back and rolled my eyes at her show of stupidity.

Do the Hockey world a favor, and annihilate these pieces of sh......ya know what i mean

Here's to a real hockey team, with real fans, respectable fans....

Let's do some Duck Hunting

Go Red Wings!

westbound65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 05:32 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 141
This is what you get when your team is around for 40 years and is still rebuilding, while the upstarts next door have been around for far less time and have been far more successful... lots of bitter fans.

Goodluck to Detroit in the next series. It should make for some great hockey games.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 09:50 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbound65 View Post
I've always liked Detroit, but never as much as i do now. Seeing you guys outmuscle the sharks was incredible and i loved every minute of it. You guys got a few ex-Kings on there and now with the finals set up against the scum of humanity (the ducks and all of their fans), I'm pulling for you like none other.

I work at a pro shop in anaheim (go figure) and you wouldn't beleive how ignorant to the game most of these anaheim bandwagoners are, (one once asked me what they make the ball out of......he was referring to the puck). I can't tell you how many times I'm helping out a quackpacker and he tells me he just got into hockey this year because the ducks are winning. And no one represents the word arrogant more than a ducks fan. As i was putting up the Red Wings Jerseys next to the ducks jerseys on our Playoff Wall i hear this white trash woman behind me saying to me "Take that garbage down, might as well since they are going down", I just looked back and rolled my eyes at her show of stupidity.

Do the Hockey world a favor, and annihilate these pieces of sh......ya know what i mean

Go Red Wings!
Thanks m8, always nice to have support from other fans

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 01:04 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I have always wondered why Southern California needed two hockey teams, but that's neither here nor there.

It's nice to have support from the fans of other teams this time of year. I've talked to Bruins fans, Islanders fans, Canuck fans and lots of others and they have all been kind and full of well wishes for us. I hope we don't let them all down.

This is gonna be fun. I feel really good about this team's chances.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 04:30 PM
pavel13

Send a message via AIM to pavel13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
This is what you get when your team is around for 40 years and is still rebuilding, while the upstarts next door have been around for far less time and have been far more successful... lots of bitter fans.

Goodluck to Detroit in the next series. It should make for some great hockey games.
The Ducks have been "far more successful" than the Kings? Neither has won the Stanley Cup. Both have been to the finals once. Both have spent a fair amount of time in the basement.

And the idea that the Kings are "still rebuilding" is ridiculous. They are rebuilding now, but they weren't a few years ago.

pavel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 04:32 PM
FissionFire

I'd love the Ducks as a team if not for their POS GM. I've love nothing more than to shove a series loss down "Blowhard" Burke's massive blowhole. Let him and Whiner Wilson cry about bad refs and dirty Wings over their Chardonnay's.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 08:15 PM
heyfolks

soCal has 2 teams because of the population and bettman's attempt to build a larger base. Disney stepped up to do that.

as far as not knowing hockey, i wil kindly say that is BS. Ca ICE HOCKEY teams won 4 national titles in youth hockey last season with 3 of special mention, U16 AAA, U14 AAA, U14 AA. The last 2 game winning goals in the NCAA finals were netted by SoCal players. Rob Earl Wisconsin and Gabe Gautheir Colorado.

I want to sweep the Ducks, but I won't bash their fans. not when the Wings have thousands of empy seats sold to suits who are no better than Duck fan.

heyfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel13 View Post
The Ducks have been "far more successful" than the Kings? Neither has won the Stanley Cup. Both have been to the finals once. Both have spent a fair amount of time in the basement.

And the idea that the Kings are "still rebuilding" is ridiculous. They are rebuilding now, but they weren't a few years ago.
No, a few years ago they were choking.

As for far more successful, yes, they have been. They've done more in the playoffs than the Kings have, and in far less time. When you've been in the league 40 years, you'd certainly expect to do better in the playoffs than a team that has been around for about 15 years.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 07:21 PM
kento19
@kento19

all of Newfoundland is behind you know too.. Go Cleary!!!

kento19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 07:26 PM
pavel13

Send a message via AIM to pavel13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
No, a few years ago they were choking.

As for far more successful, yes, they have been. They've done more in the playoffs than the Kings have, and in far less time. When you've been in the league 40 years, you'd certainly expect to do better in the playoffs than a team that has been around for about 15 years.
What more have they done in the playoffs?

Choking? How can a team that's rebuilding AND still making the playoffs possibly choke in the playoffs?

pavel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Goallum

Honestly, I don't care who wins this series. For me, this is like picking between a firing squad and a lethal injection. I just hope it's a long, grueling and entertaining series, and let the best team win... and then get pummled into submission by the Eastern champ!

So, in other words, good luck, I guess!

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
fong p88

It's not that I hate Anaheim it's that I hate one certain Norris Trophy candidate who turned in to a whipped little crybaby (I'm still a little bitter about it)

fong p88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 11:05 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Quote:
Originally Posted by fong p88 View Post
It's not that I hate Anaheim it's that I hate one certain Norris Trophy candidate who turned in to a whipped little crybaby (I'm still a little bitter about it)

May we safely assume it is not Nicklas Lidstrom??????

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 02:14 AM
Die Hard Duck

Quote:
you wouldn't beleive how ignorant to the game most of these anaheim bandwagoners are, (one once asked me what they make the ball out of......he was referring to the puck). I can't tell you how many times I'm helping out a quackpacker and he tells me he just got into hockey this year because the ducks are winning. And no one represents the word arrogant more than a ducks fan. As i was putting up the Red Wings Jerseys next to the ducks jerseys on our Playoff Wall i hear this white trash woman behind me saying to me "Take that garbage down, might as well since they are going down", I just looked back and rolled my eyes at her show of stupidity.

Go Red Wings!
DETROIT FANS, do not BELIEVE this person.
Duck fans are not ignorant. Some may be naive, but we are not confused about the puck. As a group, we are trying to learn as much as we can. Maybe someday we will have a fan base as great as the Wings, but for now, we are small, growing and really do care about the game. Some are new fans, but many have been around from the start in 1993.

This Kings fan is just bitter.

Anyway, great game tonight. I read stuff that Hasek is too crazy etc. He looks pretty good to me. Didn't he freakin retire? Is it fair that he is still out there? Just kidding, I am impressed. His save on Getzlaf's breakaway was insane.

This is a great series for us, playing the mighty Red Wings. I will be at games 3 and 4, I think there will be a 6 and, if necessary, will fly out for 7. See you there. Good luck, but please lose.

Die Hard Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 05:02 AM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Quote:

Go Red Wings!
the irony in this post is outstanding. could you be more arrogant, and dare i say ignorant (oh nohz it can notz be zomg!) please? pretty please?

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 05:41 AM
midwinter

I hate the Anaheim jerseys the refs are wearing. It's unbelievable what the Ducks get away with. Somebody wants to see Ducks in the finals.

midwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 10:40 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Good luck Red Wings.

As a Kings fan I still look forward to the day when we meet the Ducks in the playoffs. Nothing like a playoff series where every game will either be a home game or feel like one. Kings' fans own the puddle.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Hussar
Donkeytoof

just so you know, your most storied defenseman actually played midget AAA in ORANGE COUNTY. SCAHA continues to churn out quality top end NHL level talent. take a look at this list.

http://users.mo-net.com/nixit/socalpro.html

Hussar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 07:53 PM
kingsfan77

He didnt say all fans of the ducks were ignorant. Just that they have a lot of them. Arrogant I would say to some extent but what die hard fan isnt when there team is good. Do I hope the Ducks get smashed by the Wings of course. What is funny is the Ducks think they are so much better yet they still have no cup. Just like the kings. Here is to the wings keeping it that way. And getting to finals means nothing. You still are a loser just like the other 28 teams. (28+1=29) 29+1(stc winner)=30. just incase people had questions on the math there Oh and for future reference. This will probably be the only time i root for the wings so they better step it up

Oh and as for the guy saying the kings chocked. Take away your top line and show me what your team has. Injuries are an excuse but you know sometimes its a legitimate one. With out pronger Ducks dont get where their are now. Losing key pieces to your team will have you losing more then winning. Straight and simple fact.

kingsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 04:10 AM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan77 View Post
He didnt say all fans of the ducks were ignorant.
Quote:
...against the scum of humanity (the ducks and all of their fans)...

...and you wouldn't beleive how ignorant to the game most of these anaheim bandwagoners are...

...quackpacker...

...And no one represents the word arrogant more than a ducks fan.

You're correct! I apologize!

*sigh* like the kings have some great fanbase. what is that you say? at least its better than the ducks'? I hope that a lot of people will one day cheer for the kings so i can make sweeping statements about all people who call the queens, err kings, their team. see what i just did? clever huh, i can say stuff too. im a big man!

having said that, i respect all but about two redwings posters on this board, they have been nothing but good sports and respectful.

good luck tonight.

Last edited by Cone: 05-15-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24 View Post
Honestly, I don't care who wins this series. For me, this is like picking between a firing squad and a lethal injection. I just hope it's a long, grueling and entertaining series, and let the best team win... and then get pummled into submission by the Eastern champ!

So, in other words, good luck, I guess!

What he said...

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote