HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perezhogin officially gone.

Old
05-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Schooner Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
LOL. It's not like the NHL is a Japanese car company. There are a lot of variables to consider when drafting. Players are not manufactured or processed into stars.

Is it all Perezhogin's "fault"? No. But the "investment" didn't do himself or the Habs any favours by getting suspended for a year.
The suspension from the stick incident did nothing to affect his development. He played in the Russian Super League that year and had impressive numbers in the most talented RSL ever (that was the lockout year and guys like Richards, Lecavalier and other stars played in it).

If anything, I think the stick incident might have affected him psychologically in North America. Many hockey fans thought of Perezhogin as the guy from that ugly stick swinging incident rather than the guy with tons of speed and skill who only had one major penalty in his life. It's not easy for a lot of Russians to adapt to North American culture and I really think the negative stigma from the stick incident contributed to his awkwardness with his adaptation to life over here. He'll likely be much more comfortable in Russia and I'm willing to bet this extra comfort will enable him to really blossom.

Having said all this, he hasn't proven he's worth $1.7 million in North America. He hit the jackpot....more money and a preferable culture for him. His decision to go back overseas was a no-brainer for him.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2007, 11:02 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

funny that Russian Prospects announced two days ago that Perezhogin may be headed to Russia.

It appears that Alexander Perezhogin may be headed to Russia for the 2007-08 season. The young forward is reported to have signed a one year deal with HC Salavat Yulayev, a Super League club based in Ufa, Russia. The deal is reportedly worth a whopping 1.7 million US dollars, which is significantly higher than a salary he would have likely commanded in the NHL. The young forward did not have a great season despite at times increased playing time.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2007, 12:06 AM
mister lerock

i think he needed more time in north america if you remember right before his stick incident he was dominating the ahl i think carbo was hard on him but idont blame him for leaving money in russia babes fast ladas

mister lerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Slick Nick

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohohohohoooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I agree that it solves most of the world's problems but you should really work on your spelling.
I'm a frite-sauce loner in this poutine world.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2007, 12:24 AM
SpreeEndaz

Gainey tells Darth Carbonneau that he killed the career of Padme (Perezhogin in russian):

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote