HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fans outside Buffalo - help find Sabres bars

Old
04-13-2011, 12:40 PM
mgeise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
for those in Atlanta thatve been under a rock..this place is THE Buffalo fan spot...

Hudson Grille Midtown
942 Peachtree St. Atlanta, GA 30309
(404)892-0892
http://www.hudsongrille.com/
Sabres fans are upstairs with over 60 HDTV's and 2 HDTV projectors! The Hudson Grille Midtown is the Home of All Things Buffalo (& WNY) - featuring Genny Cream Ale, Labatt Blue, Molson Canadian drafts, beef on weck plates, and Anchor Bar wings. Additionally there is free valet parking. Past events include a meet 'n greet with Lindy Ruff, Rick Jeanerett, Darcy Regier and discounted tickets when the Sabres are in town!
Wow, now I want to travel down to Atlanta

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:17 PM
sabres02138

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD SabreFan View Post
There's a Buffalo bar in San Francisco if anyone is there.. I'll have to find the name. It was a chill place when I was visiting the area.. good wings!
The Northstar Cafe

"The Northstar is the home-away-from-home for wayward Buffalo fans!! Have a cold Labatts and watch the Bills & Sabres."

sabres02138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 01:26 PM
sabres02138

Quote:
Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
Haha. Sports Depot in Alston is where I watched the 98 playoffs. Funny people still go there.
The Sports Depot closed last year (bummer) and is now Regina's at the Depot. They still have 32 tv's but do NOT carry the NHL center ice.

The Bills Backers of Boston are hosting Game 3 at Harp on Monday 4/18 (Marathon Monday/Patriots Day).

I also watch the games at the Tavern in the Square in Porter SQ - they have center ice and will show all games. (Bruins get priority on larger tv's tho).

Old
04-13-2011, 01:34 PM
JD SabreFan

Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres02138 View Post
The Northstar Cafe

"The Northstar is the home-away-from-home for wayward Buffalo fans!! Have a cold Labatts and watch the Bills & Sabres."
That's actually not the one I was talking about.. good find, though! The one I'm trying to find is actually a Buffalo Bills bars that shows Sabres games. They have all Buffalo foods, Labatt/Molson/Flying Bison etc

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 02:00 PM
sabres02138

Quote:
That's actually not the one I was talking about.. good find, though! The one I'm trying to find is actually a Buffalo Bills bars that shows Sabres games. They have all Buffalo foods, Labatt/Molson/Flying Bison etc
Interesting. Northstar is the only one I go to when I'm out in SF on business during football season... And it is the only bar in SF that shows up here:

http://www.buffalobills.com/fans/bil...cator-map.html

If you find it, please let us know.

Go BUFFALO

Old
04-14-2011, 01:41 AM
whiplash

NYC area bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronin View Post
You'd think given the amount of Sabres fans in NYC this city could support more than 1 and a third Sabres bars. The amount of money I poured into Blackfinn's last year (a few regular season and playoffs) was criminal.
I might have run into you at some point last year... I watched all the Bruins series (except game 1) at Blackfinn. I just checked today and they're doing the special again but the bartender seemed to think it was 25 or 30 dollars this year... which is pretty lame.

Blue Moon was good when I first moved here (2007) but it's ****ing horrible now. The waitstaff isn't bad at all but the management has no respect for the amount of business that Sabres fans bring there.

St Mark's Ale House plays all the hockey games you could care to see but they aren't specifically a Sabres bar. One of the waitresses used to be from upstate so she would make the bartender put the sound on for us but I don't know if she's still around. Haven't caught a game there in about a year. Good nachos, too.

whiplash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:09 AM
boots electric

Quote:
Barristers.
It is on Samsom and 18th downtown:
everything i'm seeing online is showing this place has been bought-out/closed down

boots electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 08:29 AM
ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by makisupapolice14 View Post
are there any good sabres bars in 'cuse? (where everyone is into the game!) I went to college here and recently moved back and 9 out of 10 places you go you need to ask for the game to be put on. Usually I'm the only one watching too haha. Definitely a contrast to rochester.
Also looking for somewhere in Syracuse, in the past places like Tully's end up switching the channel to preseason pregame basball. I swear no one in this town likes hockey because SU doesn't have a men's team.

ridiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 11:28 AM
ZemgusWho
Play for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
I might have run into you at some point last year... I watched all the Bruins series (except game 1) at Blackfinn. I just checked today and they're doing the special again but the bartender seemed to think it was 25 or 30 dollars this year... which is pretty lame.

Blue Moon was good when I first moved here (2007) but it's ****ing horrible now. The waitstaff isn't bad at all but the management has no respect for the amount of business that Sabres fans bring there.

St Mark's Ale House plays all the hockey games you could care to see but they aren't specifically a Sabres bar. One of the waitresses used to be from upstate so she would make the bartender put the sound on for us but I don't know if she's still around. Haven't caught a game there in about a year. Good nachos, too.
Hah, You probably did, we were usually there from an hour before the game to well after. It was really convenient access from Queens. and really convenient to head back to Astoria and drink away our sorrows (and victories, but mostly sorrows last season) at the Quays.

so Blackfinn's IS doing it? They haven't done a good job getting the word out. But considering its location, I'd prefer it over any of the UES places.

I wonder if there's going to be a crowd there. I can't make the game tonight but I will be heading out for the rest of them.

ZemgusWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Hah, You probably did, we were usually there from an hour before the game to well after. It was really convenient access from Queens. and really convenient to head back to Astoria and drink away our sorrows (and victories, but mostly sorrows last season) at the Quays.

so Blackfinn's IS doing it? They haven't done a good job getting the word out. But considering its location, I'd prefer it over any of the UES places.

I wonder if there's going to be a crowd there. I can't make the game tonight but I will be heading out for the rest of them.
I'm going tonight but if the special is really up to 30 bucks I might just find somewhere else for most of the playoffs. I can't afford to drop 40 dollars for every game, even if it does mean getting to hear the sound.

And tell me if I'm crazy but does the one bartender (he's a cool dude and a big Sabres fan, too) not look EXACTLY like James Franco?

Old
04-14-2011, 12:11 PM
MayDay

Actually just received an e-mail from the NYC Bills Backers that McFaddens will be televising all Sabres playoff games.

Although no drink specials as of yet, and it's not clear whether they will have the games with sound on or not.

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:33 PM
VaSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonnow View Post
The bar in the D.C. area is

http://www.jimmystavern.com/

In Herndon. It's run by a friend of mine Jimmy Cirrito.
One of the best Buffalo bars you will find outside of Buffalo

VaSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:40 PM
JD SabreFan

Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres02138 View Post
Interesting. Northstar is the only one I go to when I'm out in SF on business during football season... And it is the only bar in SF that shows up here:

http://www.buffalobills.com/fans/bil...cator-map.html

If you find it, please let us know.

Go BUFFALO
Now I can't find it.. perhaps its just on the outskirts of San Francisco? I know for a fact It wasn't the one you had posted. It wasn't too far from Chinatown.. it was at a 4-way corner... ugh, this is going to annoy me. It used to be a really good place to go to, but according the reviews I had read the customer service turned horrible over a period of two years.

Perhaps, it closed? I was there maybe 2-3 years ago.

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:45 PM
ZemgusWho
Play for 2013+

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
I'm going tonight but if the special is really up to 30 bucks I might just find somewhere else for most of the playoffs. I can't afford to drop 40 dollars for every game, even if it does mean getting to hear the sound.

And tell me if I'm crazy but does the one bartender (he's a cool dude and a big Sabres fan, too) not look EXACTLY like James Franco?
I think I remember who you're talking about - isn't he the guy that organized the Blackfinn's thing- Steve?

Yeah, and 30 bucks is pretty steep for the special.

so we just called, Blackfinn's is playing the game but with no sound tonight.
but they will have it with sound on Saturday. they say.

Old
04-14-2011, 01:19 PM
May Day 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
everything i'm seeing online is showing this place has been bought-out/closed down
I know as of last year, a joint called TA Flannery's had the games and Sabres fans. A friend of mine went and said it was awesome.

I am going to the game tonight, but I may check it out Saturday

May Day 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 04:10 PM
kenfury

Does anyone know of a place in Tampa?

kenfury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 12:13 PM
May Day 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Day 10 View Post
I know as of last year, a joint called TA Flannery's had the games and Sabres fans. A friend of mine went and said it was awesome.

I am going to the game tonight, but I may check it out Saturday

I am going to TA Flannery's Saturday. There will be 4-6 of us at the very least. (Philadelphia).

They had Sabres supporters there the past few years. I just dont know if everyone will be at the game or not.

Old
04-16-2011, 12:19 PM
ZemgusWho
Play for 2013+

me and a few friends are going Blackfinn's. so there should be at least 4 of us there, and hopefully no suits.

and I guess if it's seriously lame, Kinsale's is an intermission's distance away on the 4/5/6.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:34 AM
kenfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfury View Post
Does anyone know of a place in Tampa?
I found a place. Beef 'O' Brady's in Wesley chapel. 20 screens of which 10 or so were on the sabres game and half the people there were Sabres fans.

kenfury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 09:25 AM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

Anyone know of a good Sabres bar in Albany?

CupWanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:57 AM
May Day 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Day 10 View Post
I am going to TA Flannery's Saturday. There will be 4-6 of us at the very least. (Philadelphia).

They had Sabres supporters there the past few years. I just dont know if everyone will be at the game or not.

this place was closed for the game Saturday. Guess its not legit anymore

Old
04-18-2011, 12:21 PM
whiplash

Quote:
me and a few friends are going Blackfinn's. so there should be at least 4 of us there, and hopefully no suits.

and I guess if it's seriously lame, Kinsale's is an intermission's distance away on the 4/5/6.
Yeah I was there with some friends on Saturday. Not as crowded as last year but still fun. Probably won't go again unless we make the next round. Too expensive.

Might hit St Mark's Ale House tonight if they have the Monday special that they do during football, 4 dollars for a pint and 6 wings

Old
04-20-2011, 08:07 PM
benlackner

Was in Denver visiting my family and watched game 1 of the Flyer/Sabres series at the area's Sabes Bar:

Luciano Pizza and Wings
1043 N Broadway
Denver, Colorado
(intersection of 11th and Broadway)

Well worth the visit
Good food, good sabres fans, and interesting beers

benlackner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

are there any pittsburgh bars that show all the sabres games?

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Costanza View Post
Fatheads plays Sabres games?!?!
no. sry to have mislead you.

I dont think anybody in pgh does that.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote