HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adam Graves

Old
05-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Forechecker

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Adam Graves

Got to meet and chat with Gravey (and he signed my Leetch jersey) on Sunday at the Garden. He was in the MSG "boardroom", and I went up and said hello. He's a really cool guy, very unassuming and down to earth. He called himself a "big, goofy kid just hanging around waiting for the puck to come to him"!

Anyway, that was the highlight of a very long afternoon at the Garden.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 04:08 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Got to meet and chat with Gravey (and he signed my Leetch jersey) on Sunday at the Garden. He was in the MSG "boardroom", and I went up and said hello. He's a really cool guy, very unassuming and down to earth. He called himself a "big, goofy kid just hanging around waiting for the puck to come to him"!

Anyway, that was the highlight of a very long afternoon at the Garden.
Good stuff. I always figured Graves was a pretty down to earth guy, glad to hear its so.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

ever seen his MSG ProFile?

the man should win humanitarian of the year or something. the world "Class" doesnt seem strong enough when describing him.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
DaBadGuy7

Send a message via AIM to DaBadGuy7
Here's Part of the Adam Graves MSG Profile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlAFR4Bxpjo

DaBadGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
My favorite player all time. I wear number 9 because of him.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Forechecker

I asked him aboiut his back, and he said it was ok, but he really wasn't skating any more "just working out". The dude looked like a 5'10" horse!

Old
05-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBadGuy7 View Post
Here's Part of the Adam Graves MSG Profile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlAFR4Bxpjo
you can watch the whole thing on the Rangers On Demand site.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 08:11 PM
The Thomas J.*

one of the all time great Rangers

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 12:41 AM
dank

i went to Game 4 of the Thrashers series, and before the game I was waiting for my cousin towards the outside of MSG, next to the Chase bank thing. I see this HUGE crowd around someone, and upon closer inspection I find out it's Adam Graves, trying to walk into MSG. haha, trying to walk! every step comes after he signs what seems like 10 autographs, he makes a few feet of progress every 5 minutes.

i am not a guy who likes to bother celebs, et al., when they are around but i figured what the hey, he's getting bombarded anyways. So i sidled in a bit after about 5 min of watching him sign what seemed like EVERY autograph, and stuck out my jersey (Brian Leetch home white from the Starter days) and he signed it perfectly in a great spot, looked at me dead in the eyes and gave me a pat on the shoulder, a smile and a thumbs up.

he's one of those people/celebs that, even though he doesn't know you, makes it seem as though he is dealing with/talking to/signing only YOUR autograph. he is VERY personable and very proud/happy to do what he does.

not often do you go away ecstatic and with an overwhelmingly positive feeling about someone (esp a celeb whose being bombarded) after a 3 second interaction.

great guy, just wish it was easier to retire #'s, because his should/would definitely be up there..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 01:23 AM
JamesG1221

I've had the pleasure of meeting Graves a few times over the years but I'll always remember the first time. I was probably about 13 years old and I'm in the back area at Rye Playland after an open practice. all the autograph seekers are distracted by a couple other guys up by the rear entrance and here comes this red volvo with Gravey in it.
I ran up to him and see that he's got his kids in the car and is probably just trying to get outa there and get them home but he rolls down the window and signs my jersey for me instead of just making his getaway. By the time I said thanks and shook his hand there were about another 20 people there and he probably had to sit there signing for about 25 minutes and it did it with a smile on his face. It's just what he does- total class act.

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Forechecker

He carries a sharpie marker with him, jsut to sign autographs. I think that tells you something.

Old
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Atlanta series game 4 I had the priveledge of being in the Ronald McDonald House luxury suite. Adam was there the entire game. At one point I look over and there is Adam on all fours in his suit playing with the kids... I looked at my friend and we both smiled and said "Typical Gravy".

It's NEVER surprising to see or hear great stories about Adam Graves.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 12:40 PM
bathgate

I had the honor and privilege to meet Adam at a charitable event sponsored by one of my clients. He spent four hours at the event and at the silent auction, agreed to take the winner to dinner, a practice at the club's facility and host ten people at a home game. The winning bid was $12,500. The charity was for abused children. We only hear about spoiled athletes. Graves is an incredible role model and the antithesis of the spoiled athlete.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I have met Graves several times. IMO the classiest individual in the game.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote