HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Final ISS rankings

Old
05-09-2007, 04:25 PM
lumbergh

vCash: 500
Final ISS rankings

Via TSN.ca:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10631&hubname=
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=207145&hubname=nhl

5 names at the top: Kane, VanRiemsdyk, Turris, Cherepanov, and Voracek.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
PRMan

I wouldn't touch Cherepanov at 4. Would people take Voracek at forward or Alzner at D?

PRMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 02:45 AM
johnjm22

Nice to see Kane at the top where he belongs. I'd be a little bit hesitant to take Cherepanov, but he's just as skilled as any player in the draft. Voracek and Alzner are overatted IMO. I'd be happy with anyone of Kane, Turris, or Van Riemsdyk.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Voracek and Alzner are overrated IMO.
I think that you may be disregarding NHL-readiness, since those two are, currently, considered the two who are closest to playing an NHL game. If that's what you're doing, then may I ask why you think that NHL-readiness isn't worth rating? I'm just curious.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I think that you may be disregarding NHL-readiness, since those two are, currently, considered the two who are closest to playing an NHL game. If that's what you're doing, then may I ask why you think that NHL-readiness isn't worth rating? I'm just curious.
I think maybe what he is saying is 5 or 6 years from now when people look back at this draft that some people might say that Alzner and/or Voracek were selected too high. These two might make it to the NHL before many of the others......but they probably will not have the same impact that many of the others will.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRMan View Post
I wouldn't touch Cherepanov at 4. Would people take Voracek at forward or Alzner at D?
Why not? Cherepanov has the highest offensive upside of any player in the draft, IMO. His likelihood of reaching that potential is just much lower than many of the others. But looker carefully and everyone of the players have a reasonably high bust factor, IMO. Cherepanov is talented, but work ethic and attitude are questionable. Kyle Turris needs to prove himself against higher compition before he can be more reasonably predicted. JVR is a power forward, and power forwards are always unpredictable and take longer to develop. Karl Alzner might have a low upside to his game. Kane is smaller and might not be able to compete at the next level. Voracek was streaky during the year, and has many question marks around him.

That being said, I am happy with any of the top 6, or even Sam Gagner, whom I really like. I hope DL trades down to 6-7 and picks some extra picks.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 05:14 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WpgKings13 View Post
Why not? Cherepanov has the highest offensive upside of any player in the draft, IMO. His likelihood of reaching that potential is just much lower than many of the others. But looker carefully and everyone of the players have a reasonably high bust factor, IMO. Cherepanov is talented, but work ethic and attitude are questionable.
Have to say I agree with that except the last sentence. This has been discussed several times on the Kings board and is now officially on the prospect board http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=379341 for those who want link. Look at post #11 clearly states that at least that scout praises Cherepanov's attitude, making me think it is not a negative. I have said it before and will say it again Red Line is doing this because as it shows it gives them publicity and creates quite some discussion. If it were true someone else would have written it by now instead of typing the opposite.

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Just for the record, these aren't the final ISS rankings - they'll be updated once more in June. See here

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
Have to say I agree with that except the last sentence. This has been discussed several times on the Kings board and is now officially on the prospect board http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=379341 for those who want link. Look at post #11 clearly states that at least that scout praises Cherepanov's attitude, making me think it is not a negative. I have said it before and will say it again Red Line is doing this because as it shows it gives them publicity and creates quite some discussion. If it were true someone else would have written it by now instead of typing the opposite.
I hadn't seen that, thank you. But the fact still remains by the game he plays that he has the highest bust factor of any of the prospects available in the top 6-7. The game he plays means he will make it in the top 2 lines, or he will not make it at all.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 01:06 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I think people often mistake well roundedness for NHL ready. I think both the players I mentioned are pretty well rounded, but I think Kane will succeed in the NHL quicker then either of those two.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote