HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Enough is enough

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2003, 07:48 AM
Dr Love

vCash: 500
Enough is enough

I'm thinking of putting this in the main trade board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Gormley article
But what about their goaltending?

"That won't be evaluated at all," Clarke said.

"I think the goaltending with our team is as good as anybody. I think (New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin) Brodeur is special, but I don't see anybody else with special goaltending."

.................................................. ...................................
In Clarke's opinion, goaltending has not been the Flyers' problem during their recent slide. At least not the way it was in the playoffs last season when Cechmanek was Dr. Jekyll one night and Mr. Hyde the next.
http://www.southjerseynews.com/issue...r/s122103l.htm

All these goalie rumors are coming from places that aren't Philly or the city of the goalie rumored to come here. They are all speculation or insiders hearing what is most likely speculation from other insiders. For example I just read an article in the Tampa Tribune about how the Lightning are extremely satisfied with the team they have. No mention of any rumor, let alone Primeau for Bulin.

Old
12-22-2003, 07:53 AM
Steve L*

Didnt Clarke say he had zero interest in Comrie right before he traded for him?

Everyone knows Clarkes comments cant be trusted.

Old
12-22-2003, 07:55 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L

Everyone knows Clarkes comments cant be trusted.
No, he said that he had no interest in a Handzus for Comrie trade.

Old
12-22-2003, 09:06 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:

Everyone knows Clarkes comments cant be trusted
True. However, Clarke's non-truths about whether or not he is interested in a player seem only to apply to forwards and defensemen, never goalies.

Clarke thinks that the goalie is just another player on the team. He doesn't think he has to be able to win the game by himself, you know, like Brodeur does? That never occurs to him. I guess he forgot who was between the pipes when he was playing:

I can see how that could slip his mind.

Old
12-22-2003, 11:23 AM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Clarke thinks that the goalie is just another player on the team. He doesn't think he has to be able to win the game by himself, you know, like Brodeur does? That never occurs to him. I guess he forgot who was between the pipes when he was playing:

I can see how that could slip his mind.
Actually, nothing could be further from the truth. I wish you folks could have heard Propper interview Wayne Fish on WIP during the second intermission of Saturday's matinee. According to Fish, Clarke talked about this for a little while after some questions regarding Comrie. Clarke claimed that the Philadelphia fascination with the goaltender is rooted in the success that Bernie Parent had as a Flyer. Everybody expects the Flyers to have that kind of success without getting the point that Bernie Parent was a Hall-of-Fame goaltender, and that type of player is nearly impossible to acquire and even harder to project when younger.

Fish also said that Clarke said he had money in the budget to acquire a rental-type player (implied by Stan, not stated by Clarke) at the deadline.

Closed Thread