HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Round3 | Game 1 | Anaheim Ducks @ Detroit Red Wings 7:30 PM EDT

Old
05-11-2007, 10:26 PM
octopi

vCash: 500
Wow, during most of the game, the Duucks seemed to be taking it to the Wings.

Luckily, Hasek played amazing, Chelios was saved from injury by his hard head, and Beauchemin was able to deflect a few goals into his own net.However, Wings probably have to step it up from here on in, because frankly that game felt more like lucky than good.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 10:29 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahall89nhl View Post
anyone see that duck player smack Hasek in the face?
who was that?

nevermind
Yes I did. Everybody can see it on TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
shveik

<------- Felt like honoring Hasek after this game.

shveik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 10:53 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
More comments.

Perry is a *****. Who is he he threatening with that girly voise? That was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen/heard.

I like what McGuire said after the game, "but only one side had Dominik Hasek". Dom stole this game, and the Duckies know it. And me, I love it. What is more importnat here, Dom is getting really hot, he has allowed 2 goal in last 3 games and even more importantly he has put the pressure on Giguere now. Dom is in their heads.

I like how the Wings scored. I would like them to try to shoot off of the Dmen and off of the goalie much more.
Even worse, the stupid Duck fans think it was cool how Perry with that ugly, girlish voice was "threatening". That stupid kid thinks he can achieve something with that vs the Wings.

Old
05-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Why are you quoting your own post?

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 11:11 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoWingsFan View Post
What domination? You are confused because of all the time they spent on the PP.

I saw Detroit's top line carve out space between the sainted Pronger and Niedermeyer.

Game over. Detroit wins. Sulk elsewhere.
The puck control was all Anaheim most of the game. Im not going to sulk cause I know Anaheim can come back and played very well tonight. I think we can all agree that without Hasek it would be 1-0 Ducks.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
The puck control was all Anaheim most of the game. Im not going to sulk cause I know Anaheim can come back and played very well tonight. I think we can all agree that without Hasek it would be 1-0 Ducks.
I never understood why people pointed out stuff like this. Without Giguere it would still be 1-0 Wings.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 11:24 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Why are you quoting your own post?
Well, as I said in my 1st post, that was the most pathetic scene I've ever seen/heard in my life. Threatening with that peaky, ugly voice?!?!!? Geeeeeeeeeez, that was ugly.
The reason I quoted my own post is very obvious. While I thought that scene was pathetic, ugly, stupid, disgusting, your posters liked it. I mean, give me a break. Take a look at it once again (if you dare) and tell me it is not ugly to listen to that voice. Tell me honestly you do not think it is terrible!

Last edited by Spitfire11: 05-12-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old
05-12-2007, 12:04 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I loved how that little Duck thought he was gonna intimidate Pasha by saying, "You're gonna get it too." I just thought, "Yeah, right, fella, we'll see who gets the last laugh." It certainly wasn't him. Take that, you putz.

Dom played a good game tonight, and once again Andreas Lilja really came through as well.

The best was fighting off that 5 on 3...Pasha, Cheli, Nick...all the guys who were out there and fought it off were wonderful. I was so proud of them for their efforts.

That's one down and three to go. I'm rather happy with this result tonight. It bodes well.

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 12:55 AM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I never understood why people pointed out stuff like this. Without Giguere it would still be 1-0 Wings.

Hasek played great.
I think that's his point.
He stole this game for the Wings.

If I was an Anaheim fan, I wouldn't be too upset by this loss.

WIngs were outplayed at home and won by scoring two flukish goals.

If I was an Anaheim fan and the WIngs won game two, in similar fashion, I would be upset.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Crazyhorse

I wasn't impressed by either team to tell you the truth. Detroit started very well, but played a slower game the longer the game progressed. They didn't skate enough which allowed the Ducks to get so many powerplays.
The Wings BP looked rock solid, as did the powerplay at times.

Lidström. What could you say about him that hasn't been said? I think he clearly outplayed both Niedermayer and Pronger this game. I know he was on the ice for the Ducks goal, but really, there weren't much to do on that one.

Hasek played very well, it reminded me of the old days.

Anyway, i think that Detroit needs to raise the intensity of the skating troughout the upcoming games, otherwise, Anaheim will win this.

Lilja was brutal today, a couple of Candyman turnovers which could have put the Wings to bed in this game.

Samuelsson. Have stepped it up, but shouldn't be the pointman on the pp, let Lidström shoot the puck for god sake! The first time Lidström got the chance to shoot in yesterdays game, Detroit scored. Samuelsson has a good shot, but they should definitely make Lidström shoot as much as possibe.

Sleepy game until the end of the second IMO, it could only get better from here.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 01:21 AM
vladdy16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartestManOnEarth View Post

Yeah, and Anaheim's goal was a real dandy.

If the Red Wings had as much PP time as the Ducks there would've been absolutley no discrepancy in SOG or scoring chances.

vladdy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 01:49 AM
TorontoWingsFan

Quote:
Oh I see then. So without Hasek scoring 1-0 to Anaheim.

Right.

TorontoWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 01:53 AM
TorontoWingsFan

Quote:
The puck control was all Anaheim most of the game.
11 PP's. 5 on 3. 4 on 3.

Sure the puck control was there. But the QUALITY scoring chances were not all that different. Datsyuk was in twice, Zetterberg twice (post).

Difficult to control the puck when you're always down a man. But they did a very good job confining Anaheim to the perimeter. Much like they did San Jose.

TorontoWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 03:03 AM
shveik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Even worse, the stupid Duck fans think it was cool how Perry with that ugly, girlish voice was "threatening". That stupid kid thinks he can achieve something with that vs the Wings.

I've been playing with GIMP (no money for Photoshop ). Last game inspired me to make 2 avatars - the Neo-Hasek one (the one I am using right now, too bad you can't really see the pucks I tried to put there ) And a Perry one :

Last edited by shveik: 05-18-2012 at 01:09 AM.
shveik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 04:02 AM
GuloGulo

Winning is winning

Edit: oh! and meaningless stat of the day: Detroit has now more wins in the 07 playoffs than they have in their combined campaigns of 03, 04 and 06. A wonderful and tragic fact.

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Ajo

Go Wings!

- We where a bit lucky to get the win, but a win is a win.

- Dominator was on his game, though the goal was pretty bad. Didn't he let in a similar goal vs the Sharks? But aside from that he was fantastic.

- Both Red Wings goals was a bit lucky but they where both great goals. Good teams earn luck or how is the saying?

- Bench Bertuzzi! He's realy realy bad. The Refs wasn't that good either.

- Lidstrom and Chelios realy outplayed Prong and Nieds I thought.

- Perry is a little punk kid that needs to be put down.

Should be a great game 2.

Ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Vadau Bidau

Quote:
11 PP's. 5 on 3. 4 on 3.

Sure the puck control was there. But the QUALITY scoring chances were not all that different. Datsyuk was in twice, Zetterberg twice (post).

Difficult to control the puck when you're always down a man. But they did a very good job confining Anaheim to the perimeter. Much like they did San Jose.
Quote:
Oh I see then. So without Hasek scoring 1-0 to Anaheim.

Right.
Hey, don't listen to the naysayers, the Wings won and that's all that matters. I watched the game and actually thought the Wings played pretty well, obviously enough to win the game. More than I can say for my Sabres.

You guys got a heck of a team and IMO are fun to watch. Soak it up Wings fans and enjoy the long playoff run, it's sooooo much fun and if the Wings advance and Buff does not, I'll be rooting for you guys.

Great win!

Toronto Wings fan, i wasn't dissing your posts, I merely used your replys to someone downplaying the play of the wings.

Vadau Bidau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 10:39 AM
sarcastro

The Good:

The Wings' PK was incredible. They didn't let Pronger shoot, and that seems to be the only trick that the Ducks were interested in the whole game.

Dom was incredible. The guy gets run over several times, punched in the face by opponents and by Maltby, and he still holds the fort. Great game.

The big line looked great. Judging from this game, it could be Pronger and Niedermayer that have to figure out a way to deal with Hank and Pavel, not vice versa.

I didn't think Niedermayer had a very good game. He didn't really generate anything offensively and I didn't see him making any major defensive plays either.

Filppula had a very nice game also. His forechecking was very effective. And he was 6 for 6 on faceoffs.

The post game presser - Carlyle was talking about how great his team played, after they lost. Babcock was talking about how poorly his team played, after they won. Seems like one team gave their best shot and it wasn't enough, and the team that won has plenty of room for improvement.

The Bad:

Todd Bertuzzi. Everything about Todd Bertuzzi.

Robert Lang. He had a couple of chances early, which he missed, and then took the rest of the night off. 4 for 8 on faceoffs, and a lazy hooking penalty - one of the few calls that were actually warranted.

Lilja and Lebda - Way too many turnovers by these two.

Kris Draper - Stop holding people. You never get away with it. Stop it. Someone superglue this guy's hands to his stick.

The officiating. I wonder what would have happened if Homer had fallen on top of Giguere and punched him in the face two or three times. Hmm. And also, it's hilarious that Perry is talking about how the Wings are going to "get it" all game, and then he's chasing Chelios, gets hit in the face, turns and yells at the ref, and then blindsides Chelios. How does anyone not associated with Anaheim miss the fact that he obviously did that on purpose? The holding call on Franzen was complete BS. And the Draper hold was not the kind of play that warrants giving a team a 5 on 3, especially when the original call was that soft. VS didn't show replays of most of the Duck penalties, but they did show Pronger cross check Holmstrom in the kidneys about a dozen times. I can think of at least 4 times these playoffs when Schneider was called for cross checking on that exact same kind of play. And the Ducks got away with picks all game.

In any case, a win is a win, and I'll take it. But they'd better clean it up for the next game. And some fair officiating wouldn't hurt, either.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 11:05 AM
HankTheTank

lol Perry is a *****, I'm sure Pavel was ready to run and hide after hearing that.

Cory Perry, "tough guy"

lul

HankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Spitfire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
And the Ducks got away with picks all game.
They obstruct almost as bad as the '04 Flames.

Spitfire11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartestManOnEarth View Post
Hasek played great.
I think that's his point.
He stole this game for the Wings.

If I was an Anaheim fan, I wouldn't be too upset by this loss.

If I was an Anaheim fan and the WIngs won game two, in similar fashion, I would be upset.
I know the point of it, but we do have Hasek. You could use that line after EVERY win. Datsyuk scores all 3 goals "if you guys didn't have Datsyuk, you'd lose!". I just think it's a silly statement to make.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Sadekuuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
They obstruct almost as bad as the '04 Flames.
I'm tempted to agree, but I think we have to wait for the Ducks to outright TACKLE guys who aren't anywhere near the puck, instead of just holding them, for it to be entirely true.

Sadekuuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 04:04 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
The Good:

The Wings' PK was incredible. They didn't let Pronger shoot, and that seems to be the only trick that the Ducks were interested in the whole game.

Dom was incredible. The guy gets run over several times, punched in the face by opponents and by Maltby, and he still holds the fort. Great game.

The big line looked great. Judging from this game, it could be Pronger and Niedermayer that have to figure out a way to deal with Hank and Pavel, not vice versa.

I didn't think Niedermayer had a very good game. He didn't really generate anything offensively and I didn't see him making any major defensive plays either.

Filppula had a very nice game also. His forechecking was very effective. And he was 6 for 6 on faceoffs.

The post game presser - Carlyle was talking about how great his team played, after they lost. Babcock was talking about how poorly his team played, after they won. Seems like one team gave their best shot and it wasn't enough, and the team that won has plenty of room for improvement.

The Bad:

Todd Bertuzzi. Everything about Todd Bertuzzi.

Robert Lang. He had a couple of chances early, which he missed, and then took the rest of the night off. 4 for 8 on faceoffs, and a lazy hooking penalty - one of the few calls that were actually warranted.

Lilja and Lebda - Way too many turnovers by these two.

Kris Draper - Stop holding people. You never get away with it. Stop it. Someone superglue this guy's hands to his stick.

The officiating. I wonder what would have happened if Homer had fallen on top of Giguere and punched him in the face two or three times. Hmm. And also, it's hilarious that Perry is talking about how the Wings are going to "get it" all game, and then he's chasing Chelios, gets hit in the face, turns and yells at the ref, and then blindsides Chelios. How does anyone not associated with Anaheim miss the fact that he obviously did that on purpose? The holding call on Franzen was complete BS. And the Draper hold was not the kind of play that warrants giving a team a 5 on 3, especially when the original call was that soft. VS didn't show replays of most of the Duck penalties, but they did show Pronger cross check Holmstrom in the kidneys about a dozen times. I can think of at least 4 times these playoffs when Schneider was called for cross checking on that exact same kind of play. And the Ducks got away with picks all game.

In any case, a win is a win, and I'll take it. But they'd better clean it up for the next game. And some fair officiating wouldn't hurt, either.

1st, the Ducks are pathetic. They can't beat the Wings even with all the help they are getting from the refs.
2nd, they can't beat us even we are missing 2 top 4 Dmen.
3rd, then when they realized above, they tried to injure our players.

But geeez, the worst of all was that moron Perry with that ugly voice. It was more pathetic than anything I've seen. It was worse than when Phaneuf fell back when he was about to fight. It was more pathetic than when Norton dropped the gloves and never fought. I can't describe how stupid and pathetic it was. And the Ducks fans proud of it. Give me a break and get a life. That was anything but tough, that was pathetic and hilarious.

The good.
The Dominator is in their heads. Before the series I think they knew what Dom can do. Now they had a chance to experience it , so he is even more in their heads. The Duckies are intimidated by Dom and they KNOW it.
1st game vs the Sharks we looked terrible and lost. 1st game vs the Ducks we were terrible, but we won. The Duckies are afraid.
We can play much better and we know how. The Duckies have lost a lot of confidence, they might lead them into taking a lot of penalties.
The Devils out of the playofffs.

The bad.
They will try to injure our players.
Draper 6 PIM. Why? We lose too much energy killing penalties.

Old
05-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadekuuro View Post
I'm tempted to agree, but I think we have to wait for the Ducks to outright TACKLE guys who aren't anywhere near the puck, instead of just holding them, for it to be entirely true.
There two separate muggings of Datsyuk alone. First over by the Duck bench, when 3-4 Quackies went after him. Then Niedermayer pulls an Inginla and mugs him by their blueline, leading to that little scuffle. Seriously. I'd expect that from Moen or May, but Niedermayer? I considered him a classy player. Was Datsyuk that unstoppable that all Nieds had left was the wrestle-mania maneuver? Nevertheless our poor D did much better than expected. If anyone had told me the Wings would be facing the Ducks in the conference finals without both Kronner and Schneider, I would've given them the same chances as that proverbial ice cube in a very hot place.