HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bay Area Shinny?

Old
04-29-2010, 02:38 AM
dynasty3

vCash: 500
Bay Area Shinny?

Hey everyone, I will be in the Bay area between May 12th to bout the 17th, so was curious is anyone knows of where to go to play some hockey in San Fran or San Jose, etc. What do you guys suggest. Looking for some adult hockey.

dynasty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty3 View Post
Hey everyone, I will be in the Bay area between May 12th to bout the 17th, so was curious is anyone knows of where to go to play some hockey in San Fran or San Jose, etc. What do you guys suggest. Looking for some adult hockey.
Lol I just read about this Shinny thing recently, but isn't Shinny a different sport than hockey?

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:25 AM
difren

http://www.sharksiceatsanjose.com/ho...ckey/index.asp

That link will have the times and dates for pickup games. The ice can be a little soft on occasion.

difren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:33 AM
snaggle toof

There is drop in hockey(pick up games) at Logitech Ice in San Jose, the games are first come first serve, you can reserve a spot the morning of the game. You will have to check their website for times, there is also an ice complex in San Mateo(right outside SF) called San Mateo Ice Chalet I believe, as well as one in Redwood City(about half way between SJ and SF) called Oasis Ice. I think the San Mateo and Redwood City rinks do pick up hockey as well, but I'm not sure as I play in San Jose.

Hope that helps

snaggle toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 01:46 PM
difren

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle toof View Post
There is drop in hockey(pick up games) at Logitech Ice in San Jose, the games are first come first serve, you can reserve a spot the morning of the game. You will have to check their website for times, there is also an ice complex in San Mateo(right outside SF) called San Mateo Ice Chalet I believe, as well as one in Redwood City(about half way between SJ and SF) called Oasis Ice. I think the San Mateo and Redwood City rinks do pick up hockey as well, but I'm not sure as I play in San Jose.

Hope that helps
Oh, there are also rinks in Oakland as well as Dublin that provide pickup too. The one in oakland can be found at sharksiceatoakland.com and the other one you'd have to do a google search for.

difren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Steelhead16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty3 View Post

Where are you going to be exactly (the Bay Area is big)? I don't live there anymore but I played with a group at Dublin on Mon. nights that are very good. Good guys and good hockey. I go back a lot and play with them and it still moves pretty well. If you'll be around there I will pm you the info.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 07:19 PM
dynasty3

Wow, thanks for the response guys. In answer to your questions, I will be in both San Francisco and San Jose. So in essence, am willing to drive anywhere to play hockey! What is the quality of hockey at the various rinks that some of you have mentioned?

Essentially I will probably be in the area from Wednesday till Monday morning, unless I change the flights to stay longer.

dynasty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 08:22 PM
dard1324

The lunch drop in at Sharks Ice in San Jose is usually very good players (many A level) from Tues-Fri. You have to call by about 6:15 or 6:20am to get a spot though and they almost never answer the first time so just keep calling back.

dard1324 is offline   Reply With Quote