HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To Blame for loss, 5 straight W?

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 05:43 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
To Blame for loss, 5 straight W?

I blame the following players for the lose tonight:

Francis Bouillon->Boo Hoo, you suck ass! How can you fail to get Tucker and how the hell did u manage to suck so bad on Sundin's goal? You also got run over by Roberts,Domi and a couple of other guys during the game.

Craig Rivet->You got squashed at your own blueline by a guy who had the puck and that led to their 2nd goal. Why do you suck so bad? Aren't you suppose to be the "in your face" type defenseman!???

Andreas Dackell-> Andreas "I manage to miss an open net" Dackell says enough!
-------------------------
I looked at our remaining 5 games for the Year 2003 and we might come out with 10 pts out of a possible 10.

Monday vs Pittsbugh:
I say Play Garon , not because Theo was bad but I want Theo on Tuesday.Get the early lead and just run circles around their Defenseman.

Tuesday vs Wsh:
Play Theodore regardeless of how Garon played. Make sure you try to check their Defenseman because other then Gonchar, they are pretty weak.

Break->I Hope they lose nothing of their momentum and team effort

Saturday vs Hurricanes:
New Coach but still same team, just be intense and frustrate guys like O'neil and Cole. We should hope to get Perreault back for Faceoffs.

vs Thrashers:
They got off to a hot start but other then that, they are an average team that has lots of weaknesses. We are way better then him.

@ Dallas
Something wrong with this team, take advantage. No Hatcher, get Guerin frustrated.

Old
12-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Rivet played 24mins and Bouillon 20min !!!! That's the result of sitting Komisarek after the 1st period

Old
12-20-2003, 05:50 PM
markov`

Rivet played well tonight. I know he sucks, but tonight he played well.

Old
12-20-2003, 05:52 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
I can agree with that.....on the other hand Bouillon had an AWFUL game

Old
12-20-2003, 05:52 PM
Traitor8

He sucks! But what the hell is Quintal getting 27 minutes of ice time?? and Rivet 20 ?? What the hell is up with management. We want Komisarek and Hainsey instead of Bouillon! Geez... Man I hope we can get Hamrlik from NYI

Old
12-20-2003, 05:57 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
He sucks! But what the hell is Quintal getting 27 minutes of ice time?? and Rivet 20 ?? What the hell is up with management. We want Komisarek and Hainsey instead of Bouillon! Geez... Man I hope we can get Hamrlik from NYI
Mike Komisarek have the flu and he wasn't sure to play tonight. He only played in the 1st, we didn't see him a single time in 2nd and 3rd. In my opinion, he didn't play because of that. This is why the D's were overused. But Quintal is getting ice time just because he's pairing up with Souray.

Old
12-20-2003, 06:00 PM
BJCOLLINS

[QUOTE=Komisarek8]I blame the following players for the lose tonight:

Francis Bouillon->Boo Hoo, you suck ass! How can you fail to get Tucker and how the hell did u manage to suck so bad on Sundin's goal? You also got run over by Roberts,Domi and a couple of other guys during the game.

right on.....how many times do we send in AHL talent before we get it...CJ & BG the opposition sees this weakness(easy to rattle D)....the Laffs were ripe to be had tonite (2nd game in 2 nites) but they kept hammering on the Habs weakness.... did have some bad luck but that went both ways Laffs hitting the post & puck going off Sourays skate on Tucker shot...give a chance to Komi, Hainsey & Beauchemin

Old
12-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Canadienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
They played those big minutes because Komisarek had the flu and didn't play after the 1st period.

Disappointed with the results but we'll get 'em next time!

Old
12-20-2003, 06:02 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:

I don't understand why he's paired with the Cube

Old
12-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
I have to say Rivet played a good game tonight....

On the other hand, Bouillon did play a bad game..

I say bring up Ron Hainsey or Karl and let them take his place and send Bouillon back where he came from!

Old
12-20-2003, 06:07 PM
markov`

Yeah, I'm for sending down Bouillon in the farm and calling up Hainsey too. But the biggest problem is not on defense, but on offense. When Perreault & Ward will be back, we will have 14 forwards. God, please, PLEASE! For my christmas gift, I want you to trade Joe Juneau and Donald Audette everywhere else.

Old
12-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Rivet had a pretty solid game IMO. Picked up an assist and didnt have any brain cramps in his own end. He also lay a pretty big hit (hip check I believe) on someone coming down the wing (sorry, cant remember the player).

Bouillon on the other hand... sigh. Hes on a 2 way contract for a reason, send him down and try somebody else. If he gets claimed, even better, we wont see him in a Habs uniform again (or maybe we will... )

Old
12-20-2003, 06:10 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Rivet had a pretty solid game IMO. Picked up an assist and didnt have any brain cramps in his own end. He also lay a pretty big hit (hip check I believe) on someone coming down the wing (sorry, cant remember the player).

Bouillon on the other hand... sigh. Hes on a 2 way contract for a reason, send him down and try somebody else. If he gets claimed, even better, we wont see him in a Habs uniform again (or maybe we will... )
He won't get claimed. One of the weakest D corps sended him on waivers earlier this season.

Old
12-20-2003, 06:13 PM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
Quote:
He won't get claimed. One of the weakest D corps sended him on waivers earlier this season.
Never said he would. Nashville picked him up last season and not this season BTW. Nobody thought he'd be claimed then, so you never know (even though I highly doubt it). Our biggest mistake was reclaiming him and signing him to a 2 year deal when we already had too many LDs.

Old
12-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Maxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Never said he would. Nashville picked him up last season and not this season BTW. Nobody thought he'd be claimed then, so you never know (even though I highly doubt it). Our biggest mistake was reclaiming him and signing him to a 2 year deal when we already had too many LDs.
I really dont know why Boullion is playing in the NHL, hes undersized and has very limited skill, id rather see Hainsey or even Dykhuis in the line up insted, Boullion is an AHL dman pure and simple, who cares if he throws a nice hit once in a while, he misses his defensive assignments all the time.

Old
12-20-2003, 07:35 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

how about blaming Theodore? He had no buisness to be on his pads on the Sundin's goal. On the Belak goal, it was worst, he was sleeping on the ice. Come on, he was technically very bad on those two goals.

Old
12-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
how about blaming Theodore? He had no buisness to be on his pads on the Sundin's goal. On the Belak goal, it was worst, he was sleeping on the ice. Come on, he was technically very bad on those two goals.
nah theodore game was very good !!
I know you prefer garon but theodore was by far the best goalie on ice tonight !
get over it! we have a good tandem of goaltenders and we should be proud of it !

Old
12-20-2003, 07:47 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
You are right, why the hell are you on your knees on a half snapper from the corner. I don't care much for pure butterfly goalies. Brodeur is a hybrid and is the best so i don't know why more goalies do not play his style. It is easier to get better faster with a butterfly but its not the be-all-end all.

Old
12-20-2003, 11:55 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
You are right, why the hell are you on your knees on a half snapper from the corner. I don't care much for pure butterfly goalies. Brodeur is a hybrid and is the best so i don't know why more goalies do not play his style. It is easier to get better faster with a butterfly but its not the be-all-end all.
IT WAS A LOW SHOT. How do you want Theo to stop shots on the ice? If Boullion didn't touch it he would of had it covered. How can you blame Theo for that?

Old
12-21-2003, 05:55 AM
HCH

I can't believe some of the knee jerk reactions after this loss.

It was Bouillon's fault, it was Theodore's fault, no wait a minute... it was Dackell's fault for missing the open net.

Players are going to make mistakes and goals are going to be scored... on both sides. Look at the Leaf's line change that allowed Dagenais to be wide open on the first goal.

The fact is that this team is playing better and better as time goes on, the mistakes are fewer and farther between, and the team seems to be learning from those mistakes.

I am sure that Julien and Gainey monitor those mistakes, point them out to the player and look for a better effort the next time. They don't give up on a guy but if the player gives up on them, we've seen the consequences.

From the comments I have read, it seems that some of the posters have no confidence in the personnel decisions that our coach and general manager have been making. I get as frustrated as anyone else at the mistakes but I also feel good about the steady improvement this team seems to be making.

Players should be called to task for poor effort but when the dialogue degenerates into tagging players with obscenities or hate comments it serves no useful purpose.

And give the Leafs some credit. They are a veteran team that knows every trick in the book.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:17 AM
Démon Blond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Rubble

And give the Leafs some credit. They are a veteran team that knows every trick in the book.
Great post Barney, I agree with you, the Habs are still learning, even much quicker than I though they would, credit BG and CJ for it (as I still don't like the assistant-coaches, save Melanson).

And let's give credit where credit is due, the Leafs are on a roll and find ways to win. Are they better overall than the Habs? Maybe, maybe not.. but they are definetly the hot team right now and the Habs were another Leafs victim yesterday.

There's always time for revenge

And about the next 5 games, I'll be disapointed if we don't win at least 4 of these. We have to win those games against weaker teams if we want to keep our playoff spot. Let's hope CJ can prepare his team for that.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:34 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
[QUOTE=Komisarek8]I blame the following players for the lose tonight:

Craig Rivet->You got squashed at your own blueline by a guy who had the puck and that led to their 2nd goal. Why do you suck so bad? Aren't you suppose to be the "in your face" type defenseman!???

Andreas Dackell-> Andreas "I manage to miss an open net" Dackell says enough![QUOTE=Komisarek8]

Bouillon didnt play good but you cant blame him on the goal. It's a deflection... you cant possibly think that he intentionnaly deflected the puck in the net.

Rivet didnt play bad... I hate the guy but he did hit and didnt create a lot of turnovers.

Dackell missed the net. so what. That never happens huh? wow players missing the net.

Take it for what it was... a very good game too watch. Both teams played well, and I wish more games were like this one.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:45 AM
Rahan

What the ****, are you trying to f'king convince yourself? Rivet didn't play his worst game, but he still was directly responsible of one goal. Now ONLY blaming Bouillon is brainwashing.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:58 AM
belko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
Bouillon didnt play good but you cant blame him on the goal. It's a deflection... you cant possibly think that he intentionnaly deflected the puck in the net.
Actually, I think you can blame BooBoo on that one.. A shot from a sharp angle like that Theodore would have handled easily, there's no reason to try and get in the way of that shot. Without that deflection, it's a harmless shot Theodore would have handled without problem.

However, this is where I diverge from the majority of the posters in this thread. Yeah, Bouillon had an awful game.. He was the goat on the Tucker goal, and he should have let Theodore handle that shot on his own. That said, he's played very well this season, taken the body, and just generally played above expectations. Everyone has a bad game, I'm not ready to banish him to the minors because of a single bad game. Do it on a regular basis, and say hello to Hamilton, but he gives a good, honest effort every night and is usually quite effective.

Old
12-21-2003, 05:56 PM
doc lafleur

I can't beleive Robert's and Domi could take a guy out of the play, it must be a first. Clever of Sundin to use Bouillon stick to sneak one past Theo.

Closed Thread