Notices

Roman Hamrlik

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Heater15

vCash: 500
Roman Hamrlik

It's hard to make a proposal for a d-man after watching the Philly game last night, but what do you guys think about going after Hamrlik? I've been reading alot on these boards about him being traded. I think he would be a welcomed addition on the blue line, but who could we give up for him...or do we wanna acquire him?

Or who do you think would be a better d-man to go after?

Old
12-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Voynich

I'd love to have him but don't believe we have the necessary tradeable assets to acquire him.

I'm not real sure we need another left handed shot on the blue line anyway. The only righty we have is Tremblay, the rest of them are lefties.

Old
12-22-2003, 12:32 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater15
It's hard to make a proposal for a d-man after watching the Philly game last night, but what do you guys think about going after Hamrlik? I've been reading alot on these boards about him being traded. I think he would be a welcomed addition on the blue line, but who could we give up for him...or do we wanna acquire him?

Or who do you think would be a better d-man to go after?
To be honest I don't think we have the trade assets to acquire big name players. Teams trading we Atlanta would always ask for Kozlov, Savard, Kovalchuk, Heatley, McEachern, Nurminen, Kaberle and they are all off limits along with young future stars like Coburn, Exelby, Slater and Lehtonen.

The only players I think we have that are available and has some NHL value are:
Tamer: Veteran depth d-man for weak teams such as Pittsburgh. Likely cost 4th round pick at most.
Sutton: Would be a very good 5-6 d-man on anyteam. If traded I think he would be part of a package for a player rather than traded by himself.
Stefan: Would be a good 3rd line center on most teams. Likely traded for a player with similar abilities or potential.
Tjarnqvist: Another player that would add depth to any team. Likely cost 4th round pick.
Tremblay: Would be good for anyteam that needs help on their PP. Likely cost would be a prospect or a spare part player of another team.

However if the thrashers are still on top of the southeast come trade deadline time, Waddell would be seriously considering off loading draft picks or maybe even one of our 'untouchables' if it will significantly improve our quality in the squad. I think by the end of the season we will have a true no.1-2 d-man on the team.

Oh, anyone with the quality of Hamrlik will be a welcome addition to the team.

Closed Thread