HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposals for Cory Schneider

Old
05-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Didn't we already cover this topic....about five times over? Why is it necessary to bring it up again?

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Ajackalit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Didn't we already cover this topic....about five times over? Why is it necessary to bring it up again?
It would help if we knew what you were replying to.

Ajackalit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 12:47 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Only mildly, but, it makes sense to insure that teams that reclaim RFAs do so with the best intention.
I can understand having to wait a full season. That makes sense. The 365 days thing is whats stupid. What is the point of that?

05-14-2007, 12:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
I'm sorry your highness. I don't know how I ever could have confused a year with a season. I am so incompetant. Please forgive my stupidity.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 12:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
Obviously the Canucks wouldn't take on an albatross of a contract like Jovanovski's, especially considering our depth on "D". That said, I am sure that is the part that is making you "kid".
Yeah, I'd do just about anything to dump Jovo's contract. He's not a bad player, but he will be within the next couple of seasons. Plus, he's only able to play in 40%-60% of the games in a season, any damn way, so he's even more overpaid if you consider that.

I know you guys would have no interest whatsoever in taking him back, that is the kidding part.

Old
05-14-2007, 12:52 PM
God
Free Citizen

Please, no Blake Wheeler. I don't have anything against him because I haven't seen him play, but if there's a prospect coming back to the Canucks, it has to be a center. Our top center prospect is Rick Rypien. It has to be fixed. Besides, if the Canucks trade for 3rd overall to get Turris, it is likely that no prospect will be coming back in Vancouver's direction.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 01:06 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
What would be needed to add to Schneider and the Canucks' 1st round pick(25th overall) to land the 'Yotes' pick?
I'm not sure. The problem is that we don't have a goalie now. Though, I suppose Schneider is worth waiting for (I think he's a fantastic goalie prospect), and there are short-term, patch-ups available at that position. As for what would be need to be added to the goalie and the first, well, a goal scoring prospect would be nice. The problem is that you've only got Grabner. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire following up his draft year, but he is still the only true goal scoring threat in your prospect pool, and I doubt you guys would be willing to give that up. Especially since Schneider, Grabner, and the 25th equates to three of your last four first rounders for just our one first rounder. I figure that would be a pretty tough pill to swallow for the Nucks. Naslund might be of interest considering that we need scoring and he's only got a year left. The problem is we've only got defenseman to offer, and you've already got that. In the end, I just don't think our teams are built well for a trade like this. We're both short on scoring and long on defense.

Old
05-14-2007, 01:07 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Please, no Blake Wheeler. I don't have anything against him because I haven't seen him play, but if there's a prospect coming back to the Canucks, it has to be a center. Our top center prospect is Rick Rypien. It has to be fixed. Besides, if the Canucks trade for 3rd overall to get Turris, it is likely that no prospect will be coming back in Vancouver's direction.
Wheeler often plays center in Minnesota. Not that it really matter, because I really don't see us giving up on the kid anytime soon.

Old
05-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Howabout....

To Van: PHX '07 1st, Ed Jovanovski(6.5M), Dave Scatchard(2.1M), PHX '07 2nd, OTT '08 2nd

To PHX: Cory Schneider, Markus Naslund(6M), Ryan Kesler(1.9M), VAN '07 1st, VAN '08 1st

I'm half kidding.
Well let's take your half kidding and try to turn it into something that both teams could use and afford.

Vancouver needs top six wingers who can score and a need to shed some salary. The Canucks have an overabundance of quality D's and D prospects, lots of good 3rd line agitators, one two many second line centres and an elite goal tending prospect they likely will never need.

Phoenix needs goal tending help, experienced, but younger forwards who can score and better D's who naturally play the left side. They have an abundance of character forwards who are UFA's and starting to get past their prime, an abundance of good D's who naturally play the right side, plus they hold the 3rd pick in this year's draft.

No trade between the Yotes and the Canucks are going to solve all the problems of either team, but their is the makings of fixing some of each team's problems by trading from strength and without seriously hurting either team's future. This would be my proposal:

to Vancouver:

Fredrik Sjostrom
Phoenix's first round pick in 2007 (3rd overall)

to Pheonix:

Brendan Morrison
Matt Cooke
Cory Schneider
Vancouver's first round pick in 2007 (25th overall)

Phoenix would miss Sjostrom, who would be slotted to join the Sedin line, but Sjostrom is still developing and Pheonix needs results now much more than futures. Vancouver will also miss reigning NHL ironman Morrison much more than most Canuck fans realise. I'd much rather trade Kesler than Morrison, but NHL rules make Kesler unavailable at this time. Morrison is a quality NHL second line centre who will push the current Yotes centres for first line duty. Cooke is a third line winger who can handle 2nd line duties and is one of the primeur aggitators in the league. If Phoenix would rather have a left side D, then Cooke could be switched for Lukas Krajicek. The Yotes would not want right side D Koltsov as they already have too many right side D's and Edler, Bourdon and Rahmi are still too young and undeveloped to help the Yotes at this time. Cory is the young goalie the Yotes can build their future around.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 01:08 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
I'm not sure. The problem is that we don't have a goalie now. Though, I suppose Schneider is worth waiting for (I think he's a fantastic goalie prospect), and there are short-term, patch-ups available at that position. As for what would be need to be added to the goalie and the first, well, a goal scoring prospect would be nice. The problem is that you've only got Grabner. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire following up his draft year, but he is still the only true goal scoring threat in your prospect pool, and I doubt you guys would be willing to give that up. Especially since Schneider, Grabner, and the 25th equates to three of your last four first rounders for just our one first rounder. I figure that would be a pretty tough pill to swallow for the Nucks. Naslund might be of interest considering that we need scoring and he's only got a year left. The problem is we've only got defenseman to offer, and you've already got that. In the end, I just don't think our teams are built well for a trade like this. We're both short on scoring and long on defense.
Well, the 'yotes could pick up Scheider then a stop-gap UFA until he's ready, such as Markkanen.

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 01:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
to Vancouver:

Fredrik Sjostrom
Phoenix's first round pick in 2007 (3rd overall)

to Pheonix:

Brendan Morrison
Matt Cooke
Cory Schneider
Vancouver's first round pick in 2007 (25th overall)
I have no interest whatsoever in Morrison or Cooke. I prefer Reinprecht(Morrison clone) and Carcillo(Cooke clone), and both are younger and much cheaper. I wouldn't take Cooke for free, and with Mueller coming up, I wouldn't give up anything of value for Morrison.

For Schneider and the 25th, I wouldn't give up the 3rd overall on it's own, let alone send Freddy Sjostrom along with it.

Old
05-14-2007, 01:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNut View Post
Well, the 'yotes could pick up Scheider then a stop-gap UFA until he's ready, such as Markkanen.
That was in the third sentece of my post you quoted.

Old
05-14-2007, 01:22 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
That was in the third sentece of my post you quoted.
I hate Monday's.

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Yea, I can't really see Nonis giving up Schneider, Grabner and this year's first for the 3rd overall. My guess is that Nonis will try to acquire players that are ready to help the team now, although it would be tempting to try and acquire a local talent such as Kyle Turris. I know that Nonis tried to move up in the 2005 draft in order to draft Brule so you never know what might happen if Turris drops down a bit. If Turris is still available when Washington drafts at #5, I think Nonis might try to make a deal.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 04:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Yea, I can't really see Nonis giving up Schneider, Grabner and this year's first for the 3rd overall. My guess is that Nonis will try to acquire players that are ready to help the team now, although it would be tempting to try and acquire a local talent such as Kyle Turris. I know that Nonis tried to move up in the 2005 draft in order to draft Brule so you never know what might happen if Turris drops down a bit. If Turris is still available when Washington drafts at #5, I think Nonis might try to make a deal.
Plus, I like Turris alot. He's my #2 guy, so if he's there at #3, I'd be pretty happy to just take him, and worry about the other stuff later.

Old
05-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Walrus*

Quote:
Checkmate, nothing. This kid on the top is clearly better looking than the thing on the bottom. It's not my fault that Europeans like to put space aliens in their fashion shows. Cory Schneider is not good looking, but he is no where near as ugly as those Sedin monsters.
Agreed.

Walrus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 10:40 PM
lancer247

flyers trade #22 overall (NSH)

nucks trade schneider

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 10:50 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy View Post
This is essentially the same situation as when the Panthers aquired Luongo. They had drafted Alex Auld the prior year and both the organization and Auld could see the writing on the wall. He was dealt to Vancouver for a 2nd.

Edit to add an offer...

To Vancouver: Kamil Kreps

To Florida: Cory Schneider
Haha except Auld wasn't considered the top goalie prospect outside the NHL.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeksa View Post
Haha except Auld wasn't considered the top goalie prospect outside the NHL.
I hate to break it to you but Schneider isn't considered anywhere close to the top goalie prospect outside the nhl. For what it's worth hockeysfuture ranks him 8th...

http://hockeysfuture.com/hockey_top_50_prospects/

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but Schneider isn't considered anywhere close to the top goalie prospect outside the nhl. For what it's worth hockeysfuture ranks him 8th...

While I respect HF's opinion, rating prospects is very subjective. I also cannot see how anyone would rate Schwarz ahead of Schneider at this point. I would rate Schneider about equal to Montoya, one step down from Price and Rask. Given the chance, I wouldn't trade Schneider for Montoya.

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
While I respect HF's opinion, rating prospects is very subjective. I also cannot see how anyone would rate Schwarz ahead of Schneider at this point. I would rate Schneider about equal to Montoya, one step down from Price and Rask. Given the chance, I wouldn't trade Schneider for Montoya.
Montoya >>>>>> schneider

so you would be making a terrible move

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

HF isn't the end all be all. I think Schneider is great goaltending prospect.

Old
05-15-2007, 03:30 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosselli View Post
flyers trade #22 overall (NSH)

nucks trade schneider
Pfft... if that's all it takes than I'll offer Dallas' pick, which should be one or two places sooner.

Old
05-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Nich

Quote:
HF isn't the end all be all. I think Schneider is great goaltending prospect.
it isn't, but honestly, you can't put him on level with montoya, price or rask. he is a tier below those guys

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 03:36 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
How is Schneider equal in value to Montoya? Montoya has had success against professionals.