HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

#1 Centers

Old
05-22-2007, 05:36 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=ZaphodBeeblebrox;9342252]There aren't any actual #1 C's available this offseason, just alot of really good #2's.
QUOTE]

I agree 100%. Not one of these guys are a Modano or Marleau type that are dominant and can still score while being shadowed. I'm afraid that we would only realize that after we sell the fort for a 2nd line center. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to make a deal for one.

I would like to have Handzus though just as a #2 center and fill the other slots with Weight and McClement. Move Cajanek to the wing or just move him period. He did play better on the wing according to some stats that Kimzey offered. 15-18 goals aren't too shabby next to Mayers and Drake's totals (less than 10). The following year you will probably have Handzus, Soderburg, and McClement as your centers assuming Oshie will move to the wing. I like that idea.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=PerryTurnbullfan;9345795]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
There aren't any actual #1 C's available this offseason, just alot of really good #2's.
QUOTE]

I agree 100%. Not one of these guys are a Modano or Marleau type that are dominant and can still score while being shadowed. I'm afraid that we would only realize that after we sell the fort for a 2nd line center. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to make a deal for one.

I would like to have Handzus though just as a #2 center and fill the other slots with Weight and McClement. Move Cajanek to the wing or just move him period. He did play better on the wing according to some stats that Kimzey offered. 15-18 goals aren't too shabby next to Mayers and Drake's totals (less than 10). The following year you will probably have Handzus, Soderburg, and McClement as your centers assuming Oshie will move to the wing. I like that idea.
Oshie is already moved to wing.

But I agree, no way to do I pay 6 million for Breire, Gomez, or even Drury. I would pay 3.5 for Comrie. And 4.5 for Blake. It would be about equal to what those guys would command.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote