HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bring the fire

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2003, 07:10 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Bring the fire

I know, 2 posts in one day might be a bit much, but I've got nothing else to think about. Work is slow.

The Flyers are missing some grit and passion in their game right now. There is a spark plug in the system that might be able to get the juices flowing.

That's right. I'm talking abot PJ Stock!

He is a great agitator and maybe what the Flyers need to get their focus on the ice. I'm not saying he'll win a game but when the fit hits the shan nobody will have time to think about much else other than what is happening on the ice.

I'm half joking, but I loved watching him get under Scott Stevens skin to the point that when Stevens was leaving the ice he was still yelling at Stock.

Old
12-23-2003, 07:13 AM
Whinks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Whinks
I dont think we can call him up ...?

Old
12-23-2003, 07:14 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
I know, 2 posts in one day might be a bit much, but I've got nothing else to think about. Work is slow.

The Flyers are missing some grit and passion in their game right now. There is a spark plug in the system that might be able to get the juices flowing.

That's right. I'm talking abot PJ Stock!

He is a great agitator and maybe what the Flyers need to get their focus on the ice. I'm not saying he'll win a game but when the fit hits the shan nobody will have time to think about much else other than what is happening on the ice.

I'm half joking, but I loved watching him get under Scott Stevens skin to the point that when Stevens was leaving the ice he was still yelling at Stock.

Even though he is playing for the Phamtoms, he is still the property of Boston (I think that who owns his rights.) and can not play for the flyers

Old
12-23-2003, 07:14 AM
Dr Love

Stock is still Boston property. The P-Bruins and Phantoms merely loaned each other players.

Old
12-23-2003, 07:16 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Even though he is playing for the Phamtoms, he is still the property of Boston (I think that who owns his rights.) and can not play for the flyers
Now that you mention it that deal seemed kind of wierd. So we're borrowing Stock and their borrowing Savage, is that the deal?

Old
12-23-2003, 07:23 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Now that you mention it that deal seemed kind of wierd. So we're borrowing Stock and their borrowing Savage, is that the deal?
Yes. The Flyers have Savage's rights, the Bruins Stock's.

Old
12-23-2003, 08:35 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Yes. The Flyers have Savage's rights, the Bruins Stock's.
Any idea why they swapped?

Old
12-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Any idea why they swapped?
Same reason the Phantoms signed Berube--to draw fans. Minor league hockey has always drawn crowds in part because of rough style of playing and lots of fights.

Old
12-23-2003, 08:46 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Same reason the Phantoms signed Berube--to draw fans. Minor league hockey has always drawn crowds in part because of rough style of playing and lots of fights.
So are you saying the Flyers initiated this move?

Old
12-23-2003, 08:50 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
So are you saying the Flyers initiated this move?
That wasn't a point I was addressing, but since you asked: no. Phantoms management, whether it be soley on the AHL level, or within the entire organization, initiated this move IMO. I think it was good one.

Old
12-23-2003, 09:05 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
That wasn't a point I was addressing, but since you asked: no. Phantoms management, whether it be soley on the AHL level, or within the entire organization, initiated this move IMO. I think it was good one.
I was just trying to understand the deal, not take a shot at you. I like the idea of having Stock around.

You said that minor league hockey has drawn crowds because of the rough style of play. I don't know who Boston has in their farm system so I wondered why they would give up a feisty player on loan. It's just a strange move to me.

Old
12-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
I was just trying to understand the deal, not take a shot at you. I like the idea of having Stock around.
I didn't get that impression. I apologize if my tone was harsh.

Quote:
You said that minor league hockey has drawn crowds because of the rough style of play. I don't know who Boston has in their farm system so I wondered why they would give up a feisty player on loan. It's just a strange move to me.
I have no idea. It does seem kind of strange. Maybe it was bad PR to have him down on the "baby Bruins" being such a fan favorite, I don't know. Perhaps it was for monetary reasons, maybe Stock has a one way contract and the P-Bruins are saving a bundle of money and the Phantoms can afford to pay him full salary.

Closed Thread